• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Strange back pain immediately following injecting a drug

Just wanted to say its been two and a half days and feeling finally came back and every thing is good.. didn't get an infection or anything. Close call though. Im verry lucky. And if anyone else is thinking about doing this. DON'T. I won't ever do it again. Might not get luck a second time...

Hi all! I am having the second episode of incredibly strange back pain immediately following an injection. The pain is difficult to describe and I've never experienced anything like it. It's like spasms in the thoracic region that are kind of like shocks of pain so intense I can't breath. If I bend over at the waist and lean on something to take the weight off it gets a bit better. When I lay down it takes a bit for it to calm down but when it does I have no pain at all. That is as long as I don't move.

I would definitely heed the advice of sepsis and septic shock... That's you're lively hood at stake, finish the antibiotic regimen.

This is a tough one. Have you ever looked into or heard of Referred Pain? The exact mechanism is unclear, but the body is receiving mixed input of pain from an organ to a referred region of the body. The pain signal from the neuron innervating the organ is somehow confused with the skin dermatomes (neurons projecting to specific skin regions that relay nociception, touch, etc) that find their way through the spinal chord and on up to the brain.

Even though we haven't determined a mechanism, the phenomenon is real and can be of clinical importance. Take a look at a referred pain chart. This could be your liver, pancreas, gall bladder, or stomach.

How are your lungs and heart? You mentioned shooting pills for 2 months. Did you use micron filters? what frequency did you use?