• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Strange/alarming adverse reaction from H

Nitrogen660

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've used bluelight.org as my go-to source for an array of inquiries all related to drugs and the usage thereof for several years now. I actually have searched the forums extensively for some variation of my question, but I can't find a similar thread, which actually adds slightly to the anxiety resultant of the presence of the issue in general...

To cut to the chase, when I shoot heroin I sometimes experience a complete disturbance of my ability to interact with the world. I can't think of words to describe it other than being "fucked up". Not in a good way, either. It feels like I've smoked an excessive amount of Marijuana, and I experience elevated heart rate, anxiety, and "couch lock" where I don't want to move. I also become disoriented and lose all sense of responsibility or motivation. (I. E. If I did my shot an hour before work, I might decide abruptly not to go in that day). This usually lasts about hour to an hour and a half and is followed by a lingering feeling of disorientation and generalized despair (like everything is wrong when nothing is really wrong).

This doesn't happen every time. It crosses batches, and is definitely batch specific (i.e. Another shot from the same bag/cap will reproduce the same effects I've described). Almost always the powder is white or off-white in color, though it seems 90% of H down here (Ft. Laud/Miami) is. I've tried taking a sample from the same batch afterwards and snorting it and usually don't experience any physiological reaction whatsoever. I'm very perplexed.

I believe whatever it is is still an opiate, as it seems to abate sickness still, for a time. Regardless, there is no rush, and the onset usually takes 15-20 seconds and is abrupt, as opposed to the rush which accompanies "regular dope" taking 5-10 seconds. What the hell is going on here? Is it me? Is it just garbage dope (and garbage luck, because it's been acquired from a variety of characters in various locations spanning two counties).

I recall another member making a couple threads complaining that their H would make them trip out. Who knows what is causing it. Could be a RC opiate with disassociative properties, or maybe a completely unrelated drug.

After you shoot the H, how does your body feel? Does it feel completely numb? Like falsified said, it sounds like it might have disassociated properties. Maybe its mixed with ketamine possibly? Which could obviously be extremely dangerous.

When ive IM'd Ketamine, i kinda have the same "symptoms" as you've described. Im not saying ketamine is in there, but its a possibility. Who knows whats mixed in these street drugs. Nothing is ever pure, from what it seems.

Be careful, stay safe.

We don?t allow drug ID so try and keep the speculation to a minimum, it could literally be hundreds of different things so without a lab test of your substance it?s impossible to know.

What has made me hold off on asking for an opinion about this is my perception of the sheer I'm improbability of this... Keep in mind I'm not talking g about one batch here. The first time this happened I said "what the hell", chalked it up to some time and money wasted, and called/went somewhere else. This, though, has been happening since I started IV'ing two months ago, at random, from different people in different locations who must have different suppliers. Purchasing some time later from those same people, presumably when they have a different batch, yields different results. That's what makes this so perplexing. Could it be something wrong with my body, or some type of allergy to a commonly used cutting agent, perhaps? There's no way that this is being perpetuated throughout South Florida. Nobody would be a heroin addict lol.

The couple times that I've inquired or complained they seemed just as confused as me and stated that they had no other complaints. And it's come from random street dealers and long time dealers that you actually meet on more than one occasion. Every single time, though, the dope has been white in color, either completely white or an off white.

Also, I've never tried ketamine, but primarily because it's not really a "thing" down here. I wouldn't know where to get it if I even wanted it.

The only conclusion I've been able to make is that I will never be able to definitively draw a conclusion to this conundrum. Even today, and almost every day since I originally posted this, I've had a similar experience. A new one is what seems to me to be a histamine reaction, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but then, none of this really does...about 10 seconds after injection I get a powerful feeling of pins and needles and an overwhelming itching that doesn't feel like the standard opiate itch, but a concentrated form that seems deep set in hands and feet primarily, but encompasses the entire body for about 30 seconds until it abates and almost no opiate effects are felt except an abatement of withdrawal symptoms. Needless to say, heroin's effects are all but unattainable for me now, and I'm attempting methadone for MMT.

Set and setting still play a role in opioid "trips".

It's ECP, always white or tan, and location varies and could be being administered literally anywhere.

That pins n needle effect sounds like the way the black tar powder type here that was supposedly morphine causes me as well as morphine itself.

What has made me hold off on asking for an opinion about this is my perception of the sheer I'm improbability of this... Keep in mind I'm not talking g about one batch here. The first time this happened I said "what the hell", chalked it up to some time and money wasted, and called/went somewhere else. This, though, has been happening since I started IV'ing two months ago, at random, from different people in different locations who must have different suppliers. Purchasing some time later from those same people, presumably when they have a different batch, yields different results. That's what makes this so perplexing. Could it be something wrong with my body, or some type of allergy to a commonly used cutting agent, perhaps? There's no way that this is being perpetuated throughout South Florida. Nobody would be a heroin addict lol.

The couple times that I've inquired or complained they seemed just as confused as me and stated that they had no other complaints. And it's come from random street dealers and long time dealers that you actually meet on more than one occasion. Every single time, though, the dope has been white in color, either completely white or an off white.

Also, I've never tried ketamine, but primarily because it's not really a "thing" down here. I wouldn't know where to get it if I even wanted it.
I am in south Florida too and have spent the last 3hours searching for an answer of what I just experienced. I’m not sure if it’s an allergy or what but you described it to a T. That pins and needle effect, extreme itchiness, then my heart starts to pound and it feels like I am overdosing on marijuana.(I know that is a ridiculous sentence but it’s how it feels) have you figured out what caused this reaction. As I am too afraid to do anymore. I have 3 bags of it and I’m wondering if it is an allergy. This is my first time replying on this but I want to know what is occurring.

Street dealers sometimes mix barbiturates when their H isn't so great and the effects are similar to your experience but with a lot of nodding. It's quite heavy nodding when used intravenously but also when chased on foil (it's not so easy to catch a nod with chasing especially if you have a tolerance). It's a very low probability because this is not U.S. and the gear is #3. But it sounded very similar so I decided to comment.