• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strain suggestions please

Thcmagic88

Greenlighter
Hello and lots of Love to wonderful people out here!!
Its my second thread here and really looking out for some serious suggestions and recommendation in regards to my maiden trip to the magical and free city of Amsterdam!!
Being form India out here we smoke decent quality hashish all hand rubbed from the Himalayas and some from Nepal ( not that great compared to the Indian ones) most of them sativa dominated,but love the flavour,taste and gentle head buzz it gives for hours! And yes its organic origin.
Since I have never traveled before to Amsteradam before will really appreciate if someone out here can suggest me some real good strains or variety of Hashish(apart from Ice and extracted hash) to try at Amsteradam won't mind some weed too but mainly looking to smoke quality hash out there,
Will be there for 3 days with my wife and then we proceed to other part of Europe.

Regards and lots of love once again.
Peace!!

if you're at the old church go to high times coffeshop and try apple kush...it's weed but is good

why not try a concentrate? if you havent tried a good co2 extracted Hash oil your missing out! the oil i get from the recreational shops we have here in the states tops out at 80 percent thc! much stronger than hand rubbed hash or ice hash :)

Since you've mainly had Sativa hash and cannabis, try out some Sativa/Indica hybrids like trainwreck, or pure Indicas like Afghan/Afghan Kush.

Also when you go to the coffee bars ask the people who work there about different strains/types, or about cannabis edibles that they sell there.

Don't spend all your time in Amsterdam just getting high and using drugs though. There's a lot more to see and do besides the coffee shops.

if you're at the old church go to high times coffeshop and try apple kush...it's weed but is good

wow ow this one sounds good! Will keep it in,the back of my mind! Thanks

why not try a concentrate? if you havent tried a good co2 extracted Hash oil your missing out! the oil i get from the recreational shops we have here in the states tops out at 80 percent thc! much stronger than hand rubbed hash or ice hash :)
co2 extracted hash sounds insane! But not sure if that's legal or available in Amsterdam and moreover it won't be nice for me to be shattered out of mind and explore a new city so will stick to hash/weed, thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Since you've mainly had Sativa hash and cannabis, try out some Sativa/Indica hybrids like trainwreck, or pure Indicas like Afghan/Afghan Kush.

Also when you go to the coffee bars ask the people who work there about different strains/types, or about cannabis edibles that they sell there.

Don't spend all your time in Amsterdam just getting high and using drugs though. There's a lot more to see and do besides the coffee shops.

Yes indeed Afghan and Indica strains are what I am looking out for, edibles not really prefer smoking it!!! Yes it's wise enough to spend my time to explore and look out for more things apart from (cannabis/drugs)lol!!!

My first joint was Skunk/Early Pearl. Roller coaster buzz indeed.

wow!!! Guess it's always great to get back to the memory lane!!! Hope you had a fabulous time out.

wow ow this one sounds good! Will keep it in,the back of my mind! Thanks

co2 extracted hash sounds insane! But not sure if that's legal or available in Amsterdam and moreover it won't be nice for me to be shattered out of mind and explore a new city so will stick to hash/weed, thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Yes indeed Afghan and Indica strains are what I am looking out for, edibles not really prefer smoking it!!! Yes it's wise enough to spend my time to explore and look out for more things apart from (cannabis/drugs)lol!!!

wow!!! Guess it's always great to get back to the memory lane!!! Hope you had a fabulous time out.

My friend claimed to have "invented" this strain but in all reality strains i believe invent themselves be crossing. That would be like my Myspace taking credit for creating my children...well kind of i guess sort of....Myspace made the match between my wife and I happen but as far invention, I say not. Nevertheless my friend did cross these two types of plant and conjured up a very up and down buzz that to this day I always compare every amazing bud too. "My paranoia than that sk/ep you had. Less UP than the sk/ep" or what not. Some people have told me that it was just because that was my first buzz but I honestly think it was just a really neat strain of weed to be honest.

I don't know a lot about hash, but I know some good strains of pot. Blueberry is pretty strong, and it has a very pleasantly fruity taste, as the name would suggest. I don't remember what the highs were like, but I remember trying Green Crack, Cinex, Black Afghanistan (that's what I was told the name was) and Cinderella 99 and thinking they were all pretty good. Green Crack is sativa, Cinex is sativa , I'm not quite sure what Black Afghan was and Cinderella 99 is a sativa-dominant hybrid. It's weird, I'm definitely an indica-kind-of guy, but I am recommending you all sativas. I think it's because I haven't been able to find a good indica strong enough for my tolerance. I would suggest trying all of these if you haven't already.

If you can find it (don't know if they have it in Amsterdam) buy some 'Brabantse Witte', 'Brabant White' in English. It's a cross between NLX and white widow. The taste is absolutely divine, and it produces an energetic and euphoric high. Great strain to stay active on and explore the city

^That sounds pretty good. White widow alone is great as is northern lights failing that maybe seek out the Blueberry? Also there is sometimes charas on offer imported from Nepal or Northern India give that a crack for sure.

The first thing I tried there was someone's personal head stash Swazi sativa. That shit was out of control have never had anything as trippy before or since.

Last edited:
Yeah it is pretty good. I live very close to the border with the Netherlands, but have been so caught up in trying all the kinds of haze for sale there (I'm an avid haze fan) that I never got around to trying the Brabantse Witte. I recently did for the first time and I fell in love with it, it is now my #1 strain I've tried so far :D it has a very smooth and subtle taste, but I've never tasted something like that before, it's really unique and lingers in your mouth for a long time.

I had some hash a few years back, in Maastricht not in Amsterdam, that I found absolutely amazing. It was called 'temple Nepal' and it was very dark, bendable like play-doh, super tasty and super potent. Super expensive as well. I never knew hash from Nepal is called 'charas', but if you're interested in trying that you can't go wrong with temple Nepal. Never heard of Swazi, but then again there are thousands of strains out there. The only weed that ever genuinely made me trip was 'South-African Durban poison', absolutely insane that stuff

There's a lot of Moroccan hash in Holland, some of it can be really good & it is made from sativa plants, it tends to have a more energetic rushy high than Indian hash. It's dry sifted hash, rather than hand rubbed, the best stuff can be just as good as hand rubbed, but there are lower grades too & it's sometimes adulterated. Some Morrocan hash is absolute trash, so beware, if it's cheap there's probably a reason, inspect it before buying. Indian/Nepalese/Pakistani/Afghan hash is actually made from Indica, that's why it's called Indica, because it's from India.

Ice hash is available too, but it was very expensive & not worth it.

Last edited:
I should have read the OP properly. If you come from the subcontinent then maybe it doesn't make sense pay top dollar for the same charas you can get cheaply back home.

I haven't tried any of the Dutch dry sieve hash and am not too sure where to get it but it looks potent. Check the pics on this link below:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226290

I should have read the OP properly. If you come from the subcontinent then maybe it doesn't make sense pay top dollar for the same charas you can get cheaply back home.

I haven't tried any of the Dutch dry sieve hash and am not too sure where to get it but it looks potent. Check the pics on this link below:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226290

All the dutch dry sift hash I saw in coffeeshops sucked, was green, powdery, full of plant matter, not sure if that's improved since I last visited or if there are better sources. It's easier to find good dry sift Moroccan. That hash in the link you posted was handmade by sam skunkman, original breeder of skunk, haze & a lot of other top strains, he's possibly the most knowledgeable person on the planet about cannabis, hash like that is not widely available in coffeshops to tourists.

Yeah agreed it's unlikely you are going to get Sam to sift you some hash. In related reading try this thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246671

Seems like hasj might take some searching but good weed is every where.

When I was there I was told to try grey area and a small lesser known shop called "Any Day" the product at any day was top notch but I'm sure there is better.

I don't know a lot about hash, but I know some good strains of pot. Blueberry is pretty strong, and it has a very pleasantly fruity taste, as the name would suggest. I don't remember what the highs were like, but I remember trying Green Crack, Cinex, Black Afghanistan (that's what I was told the name was) and Cinderella 99 and thinking they were all pretty good. Green Crack is sativa, Cinex is sativa , I'm not quite sure what Black Afghan was and Cinderella 99 is a sativa-dominant hybrid. It's weird, I'm definitely an indica-kind-of guy, but I am recommending you all sativas. I think it's because I haven't been able to find a good indica strong enough for my tolerance. I would suggest trying all of these if you haven't already.

blueberry and and it's variety is on my list for sure,perhaps a little later during the day prefer sticking to sativas until evening.
thanks!!!
not that experienced with indica Heavy cannabis.
boom!!!!

If you can find it (don't know if they have it in Amsterdam) buy some 'Brabantse Witte', 'Brabant White' in English. It's a cross between NLX and white widow. The taste is absolutely divine, and it produces an energetic and euphoric high. Great strain to stay active on and explore the city

this one sounds good,will look out for that one may be the bud tenders in the cafés might be knowing.
boom!!!

^That sounds pretty good. White widow alone is great as is northern lights failing that maybe seek out the Blueberry? Also there is sometimes charas on offer imported from Nepal or Northern India give that a crack for sure.

The first thing I tried there was someone's personal head stash Swazi sativa. That shit was out of control have never had anything as trippy before or since.

yes Blueberry is on my number one list to smoke, but don't think it's sensible enough to spend money and time smoking similar type of hashish which I can buy at almost 10 times cheaper than in Amsterdam!
Swazi?? You mean Swazi gold??? Hell yes!!!! That's a good suggestion will love to smoke that tripy bud!!

thanks
boom!!

Yeah it is pretty good. I live very close to the border with the Netherlands, but have been so caught up in trying all the kinds of haze for sale there (I'm an avid haze fan) that I never got around to trying the Brabantse Witte. I recently did for the first time and I fell in love with it, it is now my #1 strain I've tried so far :D it has a very smooth and subtle taste, but I've never tasted something like that before, it's really unique and lingers in your mouth for a long time.

I had some hash a few years back, in Maastricht not in Amsterdam, that I found absolutely amazing. It was called 'temple Nepal' and it was very dark, bendable like play-doh, super tasty and super potent. Super expensive as well. I never knew hash from Nepal is called 'charas', but if you're interested in trying that you can't go wrong with temple Nepal. Never heard of Swazi, but then again there are thousands of strains out there. The only weed that ever genuinely made me trip was 'South-African Durban poison', absolutely insane that stuff

Temple Balls are truly one of the best to smoke, however where I live its easy to score Nepalese / Indian Hashish of good to excellent quality so being at Amsterdam I can try some more strains also smoke lots of weed since back home I mostly end up smoking Hash.
Swazi gold is one of the most tripy strain of weed available and will truly be a pleasure to smoke that.

boom!!!

There's a lot of Moroccan hash in Holland, some of it can be really good & it is made from sativa plants, it tends to have a more energetic rushy high than Indian hash. It's dry sifted hash, rather than hand rubbed, the best stuff can be just as good as hand rubbed, but there are lower grades too & it's sometimes adulterated. Some Morrocan hash is absolute trash, so beware, if it's cheap there's probably a reason, inspect it before buying. Indian/Nepalese/Pakistani/Afghan hash is actually made from Indica, that's why it's called Indica, because it's from India.

Ice hash is available too, but it was very expensive & not worth it.
Moroccan Hash is what I will like to try along with some classic weed strain, the whole point behind trying Moroccan hash is the whole process that goes into is is so much different from what we are used to smoke here.and coming to grade and quality you will generally find differences in quality in every corner of this planet.

Indian and Nepalese plants are mostly sativa dominant it's really rare to find Indica plants around, the best Indica plants are found growing over altitude of 2500/3000 meters above sea level and produce best quality cream/ charas yet again it's expensive and rare mostly imported once harvested,and is mostly found in the Himalayan mountain range, Afghani are mostly potent Indica!

Ice is expensive rather stick to classics!!
thanks
boom!!,

Swazi?? You mean Swazi gold??? Hell yes!!!! That's a good suggestion will love to smoke that tripy bud!!

thanks
boom!!

I don't think it was a name brand strain more like a friend had some top quality Sativa in Africa then grew some of the seeds indoors in NL. It was the guy at "Any Day" coffee shop who took it out of his personal stash.

If I was going to Europe anytime soon I would be looking for stuff grown or bred by the Spanish collectives. Ace Seeds, Cannobiogen Seeds or Tropical Seed Co. have some mad strains on the list from all of the world. Central Asia, Africa, Reunion Island, South America plus a few classics as well. Not sure if anyone in the Dam is growing or stocking them. But do some reading and see if anyone has any of them. Zamal from Reunion is meant to be extremely trippy, Uzbek or China Yunan for your evenings. I don't know the possibilities are endless.

Last edited: