• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strain for Someone With Anxiety

DanDoogle3232

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Please don't judge, it's hard to describe this.. I'm very much a weed rookie in terms of I can take one hit and be absolutely lit. I only smoke one hit of a one hitter a few nights a week before dinner or bed. But I have bad anxiety in terms of overthinking and the thought of smoking around other people freaks me out ( I live illinois so it's legal here) people here can go to the bar and smoke and have a great time and if I smoked in public I'd freak. But I got told I need to look into buying a specific strand. I'm a very confident human being in general but I haven't found a strand that can make me feel somewhat social and not anxious as fuck. Any suggestions? Obviously there's no perfect answer but I know absolutely nothing about week strands and there's a weed place down the street that sells everything so I'm just looking for help. Please and thank you 😕

Hi welcome to Bluelight
Unfortunately, weed is not for everyone however there are many different strains to try which may give you different effects. Be aware that Indica Dominant strains (generally earthy smelling, wide leaves) will give you a clumsy tired stoned high and Sativas will give you more of a head high but can exacerbate the overthinking and anxiety. Try to find strains from your local dispensary that are high in CBD this will counter the anxiety a lot.
You get varied levels/ratios of THC:CBD some will be 20:1 , some will be 7:7 and some will be 1:16

I would personally recommend you try Charlottes Web (lowest THC) , Harlequin, ACDC (very low THC) , Cannatonic, Harle-Tsu, Pennywise, Sour-Tsu, CBD critical mass, Ringos Gift
Just see if they have any of those in that list there ^ and try them at home to see how you feel first

Also you can mix some CBD strains with THC strains to even out it its common for people who vape or smoke CBD flower to mix it 50/50 with THC bud to level out the high.
I do it myself ,
After trying a few times the building tolerance usually means the side effects such as anxiety paranoia etc begin to diminish unless you are forcefully smoking more than you can handle, also at the same time its somewhat psychological if you go with it or fight it. If you try to relax and just enjoy your high/buzz that mindframe can ease those unwanted thoughts. I hope this info helps

hey i have that issue too guess what fixes it a benzo klonopin xana ect ---indica all day for u like some 24kgold is all indica

hey i have that issue too guess what fixes it a benzo klonopin xana ect ---indica all day for u like some 24kgold is all indica
I would highly recommend against taking a very addictive drug such as benzo (addictive if you have any kind of anxiety) to enjoy or use cannabis .

Hindu kush, Violator kush. For me sativas sometimes are more of a high where you are more functional which has potention to result in less anxiety. Those first two are just indicas that I find very relaxing without a paranoid high just very comfortable

Terpinolene is your friend and Durban Poison is one of the strains high in it!

Nice find Terpinolene.

King Hassan, Moroccan Hashish, has THC:CBD 1:1. I still regret myself for not buying it. It never came back on the menu. Kinda envy America ass your legalization has produced an enormous boost in developing weed wit hspecific alkaloid an terpenen level's.

An observation: I find that delta 8 tch somewhat more effective at combating anxiety. I can actually work and stay focused on delta 8. If I smoke bud I go through hell for about an hour before I catch back up to myself.
If anxieties and/or stress is an issue and weed helps sometimes; it may worth trying delta 8 thc (if obtainable in your area).
YMMV
😎