• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Storing subutex solution

mtop2036

Bluelighter
So I'm tapering off subs and will be down from .75 to.5 in a day or 2.

Since .5 is only a quarter of a pill I'm going to mix the pill with about 1ml of water and then take .25ml of the liquid to get .5mg consistently.

My question is will this small amount of liquuid evaporate? If it does i won t know how much to take to get my .5mg. Would keeping the solution in the fridge help stop it from evaporating? I have the 2mg pills and would hate to have to throw away the rest of the medication just to make sure I get the exact correct amount each day.

Why wouldn't you use more than 1 ml of solution to dilute it in?

.25 ml is just (approximately) 5 drops of water. Since it's easy to accidentally get in one drop too many, it wouldn't actually be any more precise than just quartering the pill.

Why wouldn't you use more than 1 ml of solution to dilute it in?

.25 ml is just (approximately) 5 drops of water. Since it's easy to accidentally get in one drop too many, it wouldn't actually be any more precise than just quartering the pill.

I want to get the same mg consistently. If I used 1.25ml water or af 2mg pill i would have to get .57ml of the solution to get .25mg. Much easier to use to just use 1ml of water.

Also I don't trust breaking up the pills trying to get an even quarter. Way to easy to end up with more of less mg.

Id just like to know if 1ml of liquid would evaporate in an container. Would it be better to keep it in the fridge or just in a cool dark cupboard?

Since I'm trying to get 4 doses out an 2mg pill. .5mg would be .25ml of solution, now I'm worried about that last bit degrading.

I want to get the same mg consistently. If I used 1.25ml water or af 2mg pill i would have to get .57ml of the solution to get .25mg. Much easier to use to just use 1ml of water.

I meant using *significantly* more than 1 ml. Like, several times that.
Are you aware how small an amount of liquid 1 ml is? For comparison purposes, a typical shot of whiskey is in the US is more than 40 ml. Accurately drawing up .25 ml into a pipette is harder than you'd imagine. Especially if it's the last .25 ml. Ditto for dispensing.
Really, this is one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it" kind of situations. Unless you have access to microliter pipettes/syringes and Eppendorf tubes, just use several mililiters of solvent instead of 1 ml.

At any rate, you should be able to keep your liquid from evaporating if you use a small-diameter, sealable container.

I meant using *significantly* more than 1 ml. Like, several times that.
Are you aware how small an amount of liquid 1 ml is? For comparison purposes, a typical shot of whiskey is in the US is more than 40 ml. Accurately drawing up .25 ml into a pipette is harder than you'd imagine. Especially if it's the last .25 ml. Ditto for dispensing.
Really, this is one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it" kind of situations. Unless you have access to microliter pipettes/syringes and Eppendorf tubes, just use several mililiters of solvent instead of 1 ml.

At any rate, you should be able to keep your liquid from evaporating if you use a small-diameter, sealable container.
I have plastic syringes that are 1ml. Idk. I'm trying to get off and just would like to get accurate doses so I can adjust with my taper.

Last edited:
This is how tiny a 1 mL beaker is. 1 mL being not the total empty volume of the vessel, but if you were to fill it up to approx. half of its height.
https://www.reddit.com/r/chemistry/comments/1g1h16/found_this_little_guy_when_hunting_in_the/

Do you now see why I would suggest starting out with significantly more than 1 mL of fluid if you want to be able to dose out .5 mg any more accurately than if you'd just quartered the pill?

Yeah, but you get 1ml syringes mate, that's the standard 'hit kit' for H users. If he makes a solution and loads a 1ml syringe, he just needs to squirt .25ml into his mouth. He doesn't need a beaker.

The question is though, will .5mg sub dissolve okay in 1ml and not be too sludgy to draw into the syringe?

Yeah, but you get 1ml syringes mate, that's the standard 'hit kit' for H users. If he makes a solution and loads a 1ml syringe, he just needs to squirt .25ml into his mouth. He doesn't need a beaker.

The question is though, will .5mg sub dissolve okay in 1ml and not be too sludgy to draw into the syringe?

Yup so it worked out my way. I took one of my extra pills, crushed it and mixed with 2ml of liquid and put it in one of those tiny disposable plastic containers that would get from a Mexican restaurant that they use for salsa/nacho cheese or whatever. Put the lid on and stored it in the fridge for 24 hours. After 24 hours i drew up the 2ml to check for evaporation and it was still 2ml.

I should of just stuck with my original plan of 1ml, still would of been plenty of liquid for it to not be sludgy.
Also I'm using a 1ml plastic oral syringe with no needle and it still draws up fine.

Although I'd like to find a new vessel to store it in something that's about 1/8 to 1/4 the width of a standard orange pill bottle.

This is gonna be a massive help for when I'm down to .25 or .125 which would an 8th or 16th of one pill. Which would be impossible to get a consistent mg otherwise.

Next id like to try it with 1ml of water(so .25ml for .5mg) and drop it on to a cotton ball or the cotton off a qtip and see if it will dry out. Then just pop it under my tonge. Essentially making my own "pills". Think it would work? Maybe a sugar cube would be better.

I just wish they made subutex pills that are lower than 2mg here in the states. I believe they have .5 to .2 mg pills in other countries, although I could be wrong.

Lowest they do here in UK is 2mg, but I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on Bluelight) that they used to make smaller ones. It's ridiculous, they expect to maintain you for 6 months plus on high doses of Sub... then taper and expect people to jump at 2mg!! Fucking maniacs.

Why can't you just store it in the syringe and prepare a new batch every 4 squirts when on .25mg? Why bother with the cotton 'making own pills'? Just squirt from the syringe.