• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Storing/Reusing Mylan Fentanyl Strips when GUMMING

guessilovestraws

Greenlighter
The technique my friend uses for recreational fentanyl patches (the matrix kind) is to make his gums as dry as possible and stick them on. Now, he's never really sure how long he should expect each strip to provide a buzz when using this technique and he also is unaware of the most effective way to store them when it comes to reusing each strip. Does anyone have any tips as to storing your patches after they've been worn on the gums and not your skin? And also how long each strip is generally usable for when gumming.

I have tried the search engine but everything regarding duration of the high and storing techniques only refer to the patches being worn on the skin. Or gumming the patches after they've lost their juice on the skin.

Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all!

T

Eh... did he actually manage to get them to stick to his gums without them just falling off? I've never managed that... I mean they are kept in place but they don't stick. I think they work this way for about a day, tops. It's not a very effective method to be honest, I think alot of the fentanyl gets lost in saliva and swallowed which renders it pretty useless.

It's great to get that last fentanyl out of your patches after you have worn them how they are supposed to be worn, but doing it before that just seems like an unnecessary discomfort without actually contributing to anything in my oppinion. Yes you will get high faster, and probably a bit higher as well, but the duration will be alot shorter.

edit: the bioavailabilty of transdermal fentanyl will be about 90% anyway, gums or not, why go through the hassle + possible overdose risk?

Yeah i def agree with you to an extent, though the reason he chooses buccal is solely for the onset effect. His process includes rinsing with listerine, drying upper gums with paper towel, then blow-drying them. Believe it or not, the patch actually does stick about 70% of the time when the gums are fully dry. And once stuck, saliva only covers the outer side of the patch.
He would just wear it as intended since the BA is so much higher, but he is on MMT which would render it useless at that release rate. Sometimes it's a hit and sometimes it's a miss. Brought up the duration and storage questions just to get a sense of he whether or not he can get a bit more bang for his buck and increase the chances of fleeting euphoria..

I have a pretty solid hook up on the 50 micro mylans. They seem to last 4-6 hours and are absolutely no good after that. I'm not sure if the drug is all gone or locked in the adhesive. I have tried scraping the adhesive off gummed strips and smoking, resticking, heating and resticking, nothing works for me at all. I cut it into strips and stick on a dried spot of my top gums, takes around 10-15 minutes but I can feel it soaking in but never with a used strip, I don't chew it I can generally eat with them in but try not to, drinking isn't a issue. I had so many questions about gumming them and actually read this post and tried drying a spot and it worked very well I might add. Anyone that says the Mylans suck either is fucking retarded or isn't doing it right. I get a nice euphoria. I have showed many of my friends that are addicts and they had to remove them.

I'm NOT GOING TO PREACH THE DANGERS THAT SHIT IS SO ANNOYING TO READ OVER AND OVER SAYING YOU WILL DIE. START LIGHT IT's STRONG AS FUCK GUMMED. IF YOU GET TOO HIGH REMOVE THE STIP THE HIGH DIES QUICK. WITH THAT SAID USE THE SHIT IN MODERATION. I MADE THE HUGE MISTAKE OF UNDERESTIMATING HOW QUICK WITHDRAWAL TAKES PLACE WHEN GUMMING THEM. I SAVED A BUNCH OF USED STRIPS I GUMMED, GOT LOW DID A STRIP EARLIER IN the evening COULE FEEL THE WD COMING ON BY MIDNIGHT, SO I TRIED REUSING A TON OF STRIPS, SCRAPING AND SMOKING THE ADHESIVE, THOUGH MAYBE IT WORKED I BUT WASN't I RESTUCK 3 PRETTY BIG STRIPS FELL ASLEEP AT ABOUT 5 AM. I NO SHIT WOKE UP FROM A DEAD SLEEP IN THE WORST WD I'VE EVER FELT THINKING IT WAS AT LEAST 830 AM FUCK NO IT WAS 645 I WAS SHOCKED, EYES POURING, YAWNING, SKIN ON FIRE, RLS, KEPT STRECHING. I THANK GOD SAVED ABOUT A QUARTER OF A PATCH CUT A STRIP WIPED MY GUMS STUCK IT. 15 MINUTES LATER KNOCKED OUT SITTING UPRIGHT ON THE COUCH. AFTER THAT I WAS TERRIFIED TO FEEL WD LIKE THAT AGAIN. I WENT FROM KINDA TIRED AND TEARY EYED WHEN I LAID DOWN TO A FUCKING ONSLAUGHT OF FULL BOWN WORST WD EVER, I COULD BEARLY GET THE STRIP ON MY GUMS THE WD WAS SO BAD. HAD I NOT HAD THE PIECE I WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO FUCKED TO DRIVE TO GET ANYTHING AT ALL. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH WD SO MANY TIMES, NEVER LIKE THAT, SO BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR TOLERANCE I WILL NEVER AGAIN UNDERESTIMATE THOSE FUCKING PATCHES. IF YOUR ADDICTED MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A STEP DOWN TO FALL DIRECTLY OFF IS INSANE. BEST OF LUCK.