• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Storing Naloxone kits in a hot car

Prescottdave

Bluelighter
I like to have a Naloxone kit in my car just incase I come into contact with a motorist experiencing an overdose. Will a hot car ruin the effectiveness of the drug when temperatures are above 90 degrees but below 110. I would assume a hot car in the summer in say Phoenix AZ would totally ruin the drug but in a higher desert or mountain town like Colorado who knows.

Should be fine.

At any rate it should remain active, doubt the naloxone would decompose. Typically I do not let my endeavours in opioid/opiate chemistry (of the phenanthrene, morphinan family, such as morphine derivatives, codeine/dihydrocodeine chemistry, or anything else in the family run over 50'C, I try to keep it to less actually, if I can. but that is being extremely conservative, because very precious and sometimes both extremely difficult to come by, available only in limited quantities, usually far from cheap and in many cases requiring extraction and purification prior to being used, several, or indeed all of the above. I do not believe it necessary for the vast majority of compounds. Its usually not the reactions, but stripping solvents. Depends on the reaction, the solvent and the opioid, but things have been run at 70-80'C before (morphine to alpha-chloromorphide, the distillation off of the solvents afterwards did not harm the batch of alpha-chloromorphide. It was still as active when done in a higher boiling solvent, removed post-rxn without resorting to vacuum As when using acetone or ether. Albeit active in a fucking weird ass kind of way, but that is the character of alpha-chloromorphide, not anything to do with how cold or hot the reaction ran at.

And H may be smoked, as long as its mixed with caffeine. So I doubt a hot day is going to destroy it Although one caveat is that the alpha-chloromorphide, dibenzoylmorphine, heroin and prope were in crystalline form, aside from when dissolved in solvent. They have survived evaporation of the solvent down to dryness, albeit carefully, but using heat, I think ambient temperature would have to be very, very hot for quite a long time before destroying the drug.

It should be fine, especially in a sterile solution in a sealed ampoule or vial.

Better than not having it! I do this. If you're concerned try and add more vials and rigs to your kit. As long as they remain sterile they won't harm anyone.

Keep it in a shaded place - obviously. Sometimes the trunk, depending on several factors is the coolest place in a car.

I live alone and don't use dope anymore, so my kit stays in my car, so it's always with me. I almost always drive myself to parties b/c i only trust myself to stay sober if I'm having to drive.

Good job with getting and being ready to use the naloxoxe! There's one guy at my needle exchange where i volunteer that has pulled over thirty different people out of ODs, over fifty total ODs he's attended since 2012. He's homeless so he's often around people using. Amazing compound naloxoxe!