• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

storing hash

mackmaine

Greenlighter
My friend smokes marijuana and tends to store medicine in sealed masons with boveda 62. (after fully dried). now he recently acquired hash (not produced by himself). he is an amateur with hash and doesn't have much knowledge but is really enjoying it so turns out he got a large amount of it. stored it in tupperware is dark cool conditions but not airtight. after a few weeks just touching it will make it into powder. doesn't seem so potent anymore. he also doesn't know how to tell what kind it is or how it was made. will throwing hash and boveda in seal mason work for hash too? it does wonders to his marijuana. might be a dumb question but my friend has never had hash before as it was rare to come across. some have said a higher rh level of boveda but that he finds hard to believe. some say in freezer not closet but still he is very confused and does not want to lose all this hash.

What is you "end game" here?

If you want to preserve it,
Definitely place in seal container then freeze.
Freezing slows down the aging process so your hash stays at THC. You will be able to keep terpines with this method.

Keeping inside a mason jar inside a closet:

Allows your hash to age over time. This will SLOWLY cause your hash to convert into CBN. It won't be ruined, but it makes it more compact. You will lose terpines of course. This method will take 9 months to a year.

These are my opinions, please do some more research before following these instructions.
But please don't place a boveda with your hash. It's honestly the first time I heard it. Peace.

But please don't place a boveda with your hash. It's honestly the first time I heard it. Peace.

I had never heard of that either, but a quick Google search showed it to be a fairly common practice.

I don't really have much else to add... I store my weed and extracts inside mason jars. Oil in a smaller jar that fits easily into the larger jar with straight weed.

I also don't find myself storing anything for longer than 3-4 months, and that's at the really long end of the spectrum. I'm happy if I can keep a few nugs from a specific pick-up for about a month or so.... so I really don't know much about long-term storage for large amounts.

vacuum seal it 2-3 times in case one seal doesn't seal completely, then put it in the freezer. Vacuum seal should keep in/out moisture, freezer should slow the decay process.

thanks for replies. not really an end game just the job is taking him to another country for about 8 months without a prior notice. it was a choice but must take this opportunity. at the same time don't want to lose all this medicine. thanks again for the info .