Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Storing 2C-B in solution

bonehead94

Greenlighter
Hello there,

First I'd like to introduce myself. I'm new here and I came here because I have some questions.
If there is anything wrong with my post please let me know! I placed in this category to be on the safe side.
I'm also still getting used to the searching system, my inquiries yielded no results so far.

I made an order of 500mg's of 2c-b so that there is some supply. So far it seems that it will last years if kept dry, cold and dark. However, my question is whether it is safe to store 2c-b for a prolonged time in solution. The reason I want this is because I have a highly accurate pipette, but only a cheap china mg scale. Measuring around 20mg isn't very accurate and weighing all the stuff and using the pipette for the dosage is much safer.

Is it safe to use water (distilled or MQ shouldn't make a big difference, right?)
Or would it be better to use another liquid?

If I use water, would it be helpful to spread it to multiple eppendorf tubes and freeze them? This way the 2c-b is less times frozen and thawed.

Thank you for your help and I'm looking forward to reading your replies!
Greetings!

From Homeless :)

Curious why you want to add water to it? Keep it in a small glass vial or water/airtight container with a silica gel sachet out of sunlight and it should be fine.

Last edited:
If you put it in solution and want it keep, you need to add a persative to keep in solution. Most people use ethanol. Personally I would measure a hundred or so mgs into solution, and keep the rest. Those Chinese scales are good after about twenty or so mgs. They just suck at lower amounts.

From Homeless :)

Curious why you want to add water to it? Keep it in a small glass vial or water/airtight container with a silica gel sachet out of sunlight and it should be fine.

The reason I want to store it in a solution is that I can then measure the dosage extremely accurate. For example, 200mg in 2ml I can pippette out 100uL with less than 1% error. If I use my china scale then the numbers are all over the place. Measuring 10mg is impossible.

If you put it in solution and want it keep, you need to add a persative to keep in solution. Most people use ethanol. Personally I would measure a hundred or so mgs into solution, and keep the rest. Those Chinese scales are good after about twenty or so mgs. They just suck at lower amounts.

Thanks for the reply. Ofcourse I could measure about 100 or 200 mg and store the rest in powder form.
Would it be best to use 95% bio-ethanol for storage? It probably has methanol in it but my guess is that won't be a problem at 200uL of fluids.

Or do you advice me to buy a 'drinkable' 70% ethanol solution?

I'd use a concentration of 20% or higher of ethanol... I keep a bottle of everclear around and use 25-50% of that, and the rest distilled water. This will prevent microbial growth. 2C-B (and most phenethylamines) are very stable and should keep dry or in solution for a very long time, if kept cold and away from light (a freezer works well). What I usually do, and recommend, is to measure something like 100mg and put it in solution and keep the rest dry until you're out of your solution and need more. Chemicals almost always last longer when dry. But in the case of 2C-B, it should be stable either way.

And yeah definitely get drinkable alcoholk. I've even used vodka, it doesn't matter as long as there is alcohol in there. But don't fuck around with denatured alcohol, you don't want to risk it and there's no point anyway in using it.

Last edited:
I have some 2c-e that's been on liquid solution for 3 years and it's perfectly fine. Some say it's even stronger!

Another advantage of liquid solution: it's ready for plugging, which is a rather common method of administration for 2c's, letting you have roughly the same trip with less than half the amount of the chemical. I plug 1 to 3 mg of 2c-e for a nice trip, so 1 - 2 mg of 2c-b should be enough.

Plugging also greatly reduces bodyload in my experience.

And is that right that you plug 1-3mg of 2C-E for a nice trip? If so, wow, you've got a lucky amount of natural susceptibility to psychedelics. But either way, 2C-B is less potent than 2C-E so you'd need more, not less, than you would of 2C-E.

Plugging also greatly reduces bodyload in my experience.

Same for me.

And is that right that you plug 1-3mg of 2C-E for a nice trip? If so, wow, you've got a lucky amount of natural susceptibility to psychedelics. But either way, 2C-B is less potent than 2C-E so you'd need more, not less, than you would of 2C-E.
Yes I know I'm lucky ;-) being skinny (60kg) and taking them on an empty stomach also helps.
1mg plugged 2c-e is a threshold level actually but it can be fun for museum level, I've been to museums and concerts on it.
3mg plugged is already a true psychedelic trip to me.
8mg plugged 2c-e floored me for 3 hours, absolutely speechless.

I've plugged 2c-p as well, got some 2c-b here and it's the next one I'll try...

Now that you mention it, I once plugged 2mg of 2C-E, with the intention of having a light sparkle to my day. I ended up actually tripping, not really hard or anything but I was at work (I work at home) so it was pretty hectic.

But yeah, 2C-B is much less potent than 2C-E. 2C-E is one of the most potent of the 2C-Xs, and 2C-B isn't even close. I require about double the dose of 2C-B as I do of 2C-E. Though it's hard to say because 2C-E itself is much more intense in its effects.