• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Stored a ten strip in the freezer only wrapped in tin foil? Should I be worried?

Lifeguy

Bluelighter
So the other day I got a ten strip of some supposedly great L (from DNM) and my initial thought was to wrap it up in tin foil and leave it in my freezer. After 2 days I noticed some light fog/condensation on the outside of the foil and realized it would be better to also seal it up in a ziplock bag. My question is, should I expect a drop in potency from leaving the paper unsealed in a freezer? Is the moisture/condensation from a freezer really that bad for LSD? I'm thinking of also ordering a mason jar to be extra cautious.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Hoping you guys could put my mind to ease

It's not ideal, but don't worry about it, should be pretty fine. Moisture can cause degradation for sure, but it probably won't degrade much at all.

If I were you, I'd get a jar that seals, put a bunch of silica gel packs in it, or at least a bunch of dry uncooked rice, and put the 10 strip in there. Don't bring the 10 out of the freezer, as this will cause more condensation to form, just put it straight into the jar. Take it out of the bag as the bag may now be sealing some moisture in. Keep it in the foil.

You only need to put it in the freezer if you're storing it for upwards of 200 years. For any timeframe shorter than that room temperature will do fine.

LSD is said to be broken down by oxygen, light (sunlight is particularly damaging) and heat. So if you can ensure that your blotters are protected from these, your trips should be fine. People usually recommend placing them in an airtight container, possibly wrapped in tin foil or something too, and placing the container in the freezer. I've read that Vitamin C can help to stop it breaking down as fast too, but I'm not entirely sure whether that's true or not.

I'd put it in a jar or a baggie but you should be all good. Just avoid heat, light, and moisture.

So the other day I got a ten strip of some supposedly great L (from DNM) and my initial thought was to wrap it up in tin foil and leave it in my freezer. After 2 days I noticed some light fog/condensation on the outside of the foil and realized it would be better to also seal it up in a ziplock bag. My question is, should I expect a drop in potency from leaving the paper unsealed in a freezer? Is the moisture/condensation from a freezer really that bad for LSD? I'm thinking of also ordering a mason jar to be extra cautious.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Hoping you guys could put my mind to ease

A freezer is actually pretty dry usually, all water being solidified. It's when you take it out of the freezer that moisture condenses on it. That's why you should always wait until the package has got up to room temperature before opening it. If you're concerned about the blotters being damp you could put them in a container with some dry silica gel.

I was just watching a speaking by Dr.Nichols and at the end he was talking questions, the final one being about the stability of LSD over time in a freezer or room temperature. He responds by saying that LSD stored in the dark at room temperature is stable. It's the last minute or so and the last question, I'll link it because the way he states it is quite comical it a serious manner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUGRcuA16E
If you got time watch through it, it's pretty good.