• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Storage question for DMT in EtOh ...yes, I know there's a thread for this.

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
I will be getting some sterile 10ml amber vials for DMT storage and would like to know the minimum EtOH % content to keep the DMT sterile for injection.
These are rubber stoppered injection vials and i'll be mixing the DMT to a strength of 200mg/ml...2 grams per bottle.
Any suggestions?

20%.

Can be done around 15% but is more iffy and for no good reason.

Is it really that soluble? Also, that's a pretty absurd concentration anyway.... Can you inject more precisely than 0.1 ml? That's still 20 mg.. dude

My standard IM injection is in the 150-200+ mg range so +or-20mg isn't that big a deal.

The half gram I broke down yesterday is 1mg/IU and i'll see how it is doing a larger volume...I actually do like the 1mg/IU relationship better just for ease of figuring dose.

So, 20% EtOH and .2 micron filter should give me a somewhat safe injecting environment...?

OH...Thank you Sol.

One more thing...what would be the storage parameters...cold? dark? length of time for it to still be safe...BTW, my techniques are NOT totally aseptic.

Last edited:
How are they not? They should be for IM..

I keep it in the fridge.

How are they not? They should be for IM..

I keep it in the fridge.

Well, I break my DMT down in a spoon or bottle that's not exactly sterile, to say the least...will the ethanol make up for lax technique?
I used to shoot a lot of smack and speed and as you know "familiarity breeds contempt"...after 20 years of shooting you slack-up some...that's all.

I've just heard that IM is less forgiving...with respect to contams... than IV so I'm trying to take more precautions.

FWIW, 0.2 micron wheel filters should be able to handle some of that, but I'm not sure if you start incredibly dirty..

Not that dirty...it's not like I shoot-up in a porta-potty....anymore.:\

OK, last question on this: is there a "too much" ethanol concentration?...I know it's hard on veins so I assume it's hard on any tissue.

Last edited:
Use benzyl alcohol rather than ethanol if you can get it.

Use benzyl alcohol rather than ethanol if you can get it.

Yes, I can get it, but what is the advantage?...better preservative?...easier on tissues?...

What concentration?

Last edited:
OK, just bought 50ml each of benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate USP in septum sealed bottles.

OK, this is what I now have or have coming shortly.

supplies available:
DMT fumarate
benzyl alcohol USP
benzyl benzoate USP
.2mic.x13mm filter wheels
sterile amber vials...10ml.
water...sterile for injection.

I've decided to mix up 100ml @ 100mg/ml.
Would use 20ml benzyl benzoate and 20ml benzyl alcohol ...each, and then sterile water to make 100ml?

...suggestions?
...a blow by blow would be nice

Dilute benzyl alcohol 0.9% w/w in sterile distilled water. (Make sure all your equipment has been sterilised.) That's your bacteriostatic solution. The advantage is obviously that you don't need to kill your veins injecting white wine.

The following preparation is designed solely for parenteral use only after addition of drugs that require dilution or must be dissolved in an aqueous vehicle prior to injection. Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of water for injection containing 0.9% (9 mg/mL) of benzyl alcohol added as a bacteriostatic preservative. It is supplied in a multiple-dose container from which repeated withdrawals may be made to dilute or dissolve drugs for injection.

Don't use benzyl benzoate. It's not water soluble. And you certainly don't need to use more than 2%... 20% is overkill.

(You can use the benzyl benzoate to make scented candles or bath oil or something instead)

Dilute benzyl alcohol 0.9% w/w in sterile distilled water. (Make sure all your equipment has been sterilised.) That's your bacteriostatic solution. The advantage is obviously that you don't need to kill your veins injecting white wine.

Don't use benzyl benzoate. It's not water soluble. And you certainly don't need to use more than 2%... 20% is overkill.

(You can use the benzyl benzoate to make scented candles or bath oil or something instead)

OK, 2% benzyl alcohol and NO benzyl benzoate?....i got the benzoate cause it was an ingredient on my testosterone, but now that you mention it the testosterone is DEPO-testosterone...so I get it now.

So, again...sterilzed equipment and water for injection(water is 100% in septum sealed bottle from Veteranarian)DMT, and 2% Benzyl Alcohol...dissolve and dilute to make 100ml...RIGHT?

Stick with 0.9% benzyl alcohol, but otherwise, yes. (A little goes a long way.)