• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Stopping antidepressants (SSRI's) to roll with Mandy

Mandy303

Greenlighter
Ok, so my partner and I rolled for a year pretty hard with Mandy and then work life etc became too hard for him and he decided he needed help, in the form of citroplam.
he went with this for about 3months before deciding he was 'fine' and stopped abruptly to do Mandy. This then brought on some bad come down which resulted in him deciding to go back on the citroplam.

this repeated for about 3 cycles until the most recent time where he decided everything was going really well in his life (work life was best it had ever been) and he decided it was time again. This time he tapered down his 20mg to 10mg for about 2weeks and then left it a month before rolling last weekend.

now after getting engaged at NYE and talking about trying for a baby, we r on the verge of breaking up. I think he is in a vey dark place and. Is depressed- he is in denial. Things are really bad and he won't even contemplate the citrolpam again as he says he's fine without it and doesn't need it. I think he sees the pills as a weakness and won't admit that they're good for him.

i can handle the Mandy fine, but he obviously can't....I don't even know who he is anymore.

I don't know what I really expect from this thread, I suppose really it's my cry for help..and also a heads up to others in a similar situation who r thinking of doing the same.... It's not worth it :-(

what at can I do?

I think he sees the pills as a weakness and won't admit that they're good for him.

are they?
SSRIs can be certainly useful as medication to bridge the time until psychotherapy starts working for some people, but they are rarely a long-term solution. and flattened emotions and the various side effects are not something all people will tolerate. they also aren't tools that solve problems with a stressful work life. that's like putting your hand on a hot plate and injecting lidocain to cope with it instead of just taking your hand off the plate.

what at can I do?
talk to him. you certainly cannot force him to take medication he doesn't want.

My friend just transitioned off long-term SSRIs to tianeptine, which does not flatten the emotions or kill your sex life. It has been effective where the SSRIs had stopped working.

My friend just transitioned off long-term SSRIs to tianeptine, which does not flatten the emotions or kill your sex life. It has been effective where the SSRIs had stopped working.

that's the only antidepressent i mostly hear positive things about. it's definitely an interesting drug, but sadly no one really has a clue how it works.

Thanks for your pov. I'd like to add its not long term use of SSRIs, its long term use of Mandy and then about 7 months of broken up (2.5month spills) of SSRI use. I can't make him go on the pills. At the moment I can't even suggest it. I understand that he has to come to that decision himself.

I think many other factors are involved here, deep seeded issues that are now all surfacing.

I guess I will just have to ride the wave as long as I can and always support him.

It just sucks. I want to enjoy Mandy, I don't want to be one of these ppl that smokes loads of weed or drinks themselves paraletic every weekend, I want to enjoy Mandy every 3months or so and the thought that this (for me) amazing new thing in my life could be gone forever is a tough one. Ofcourse I would want my b.f there more, but why can't I have both?

He sees the mdma as a joint thing, we both promised (coz of his axiety issues) that we would only do it together, so its either both or nothing. His health and our future is much more important. Just sucks. I'd rather do mdma then drink alcohol for the rest of my life.