• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopped Suboxone 3 Days Ago, Took Dilauded & Opana Yesterday, Can I Start Subs Again?

Smoothie123

Greenlighter
Stopped Suboxone 3 Days Ago, Took Dilauded & Opana Yesterday, Can I Start Subs Again?

Hi All,

Can't find any info on my situation and was hoping someone could help. I've been on 8mg subs a day for 2 years. I injured myself pretty badly and needed some pain relief. 3 days ago, I stopped my subs. I waited 48 hours (yesterday) until I was starting to get sick from sub withdrawal, and took 12mg Dilauded throughout the day and an Opana 20 at 6pm. I snorted all of it. My pain was completely gone, however I did not get high at all. Not even a tiny buzz. I just woke up, its 5:30am and all the pain is back and I'm feeling withdrawals, which I'm guessing is a continuation of the sub withdrawal.

Am I safe to start my subs again after just 1 day of taking painkillers or will it throw me into precipitated withdrawal?

Thanks so much for your help!

Because it was such a small amount of opiates, I would say yes, good to go. Especially since you are starting to withdraw. If you had only taken the Dilaudid, I would 100% say you are good to go because of the such short half-life. But Opana has a relatively short half life as well. If you get sick at all (which I highly doubt) from precipitated withdrawals, it will only come in waves and for the first few hours. There's actually a local doctor in my town who prescribes Dilaudid to patients when bringing them on board the Suboxone program because it has such a short half life, and then so after the for example H addict is switched to Dilaudid, he is immediately safe to take Suboxone afterwards. Dilaudid was always my DOC with Suboxone, and the only time I had precipitated withdraws from use was after only waiting 12 hours and after being on a 100mg + Dilaudid binge over the course of 3-5 days.