• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stop the nod!

mitragyna

Bluelighter
Does anyone know of anything to reduce the nodding effect from Opioids?

Recently, it's been real bad. I won't even feel high and next thing I know I'm waking up. It's killing me.

I've tried stimulants like Amphetamines, but they tend to actually increase the Nod.

EDIT: This has mainly been occurring with Fentanyl analogs. Do certain Opioids create more of a nod effect than others?

Last edited:
In my experience with opiates, if you are getting messed up(nodding hard) with little euphoria, that means you have been taking too much too long, and as a result, you are now taking doses which are so high that your body simply cannot 'process' the drug in a way that allows for a period of euphoria before you nod from the CNS depressant effects.

But like I said, I won't even feel high yet and I'll already start nodding,

Some fentanyl analogs aren't really euphoric and you don't really feel 'high' so maybe you are expecting too much and then take too much because you think you don't feel it ?
Are you tired when you take them to begin with ?

And combining uppers with opioids just to stop nodding is a bad idea as you'll get addicted to both substances and you won't feel the opioid as much making it kore likely to OD

wait to dose until you start feeling pretty sick, about 24 hours for me. i get the nod only thing after i hit the 5 day mark of constant use.

I just hopped on BL to explore this same topic. Currently taking oxycodone and I picked up caffeine tablets from WalMart. Apparently caffeine isn't really a stimulant, it just takes care of mental fatigue.

I actually take 100 mg caffeine supliment at work when I find I'm nodding and unable to focus.

In my experience with opiates, if you are getting messed up(nodding hard) with little euphoria, that means you have been taking too much too long, and as a result, you are now taking doses which are so high that your body simply cannot 'process' the drug in a way that allows for a period of euphoria before you nod from the CNS depressant effects.

What he said is 100% the reason I have the same problem I get no euphoria after 4 years IV blk tar daily I just do it to get well now and no matter how much I shoot after half a gram in a sitting or more no matter what I just nod to sleep without remembering any high or feeling and I just wake up
With the tv on still food out and it's 3-4 am I nodded out sitting upright this happens so often now that I have a process of how I put shit away and go to nap for a few hours at that 3 am mark after I already nodded the only thing to do left is quit that's what I'm doing cause I'm just spending money to not feel sick and to feel really sleepy

There was a fentanyl analogue i tried (flourobutyrfent) or something like that, it hit hard and went away hard. would nod hard with absolutely no euphoria, then there is butyr with some euphoria but still a fast hitting nod. its just the way they are. you need to lower your dose to help you outl.