View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Stomach pain on lsd

jammin83

Bluelighter
The last few times I've dosed I've had such bad stomach pain on it, that it kind of diminishes the experience quite a bit. I've heard that zofran can help but its not over the counter. Is there anything else that can help that's over the counter? If not, how do I ask my doc to give me script for it?

Did you fast for at least 6 hours before taking it?
I find that every time I experience gut pain on LSD, it's because I didn't wait long enough after my last meal.

Did you fast for at least 6 hours before taking it?
I find that every time I experience gut pain on LSD, it's because I didn't wait long enough after my last meal.

Yeah I hadn't eaten anything most the day except lunch which was at least 8 hours prior. It still is kind of squeamish today and I dosed two days ago. It is really painful but mostly on the tail end. I did drink some beer but that's usually pretty common for me on lsd. It's happened the last three times which kind of sucks because it's my all time favorite. I guess I'll just have to suck it up if there's nothing I can do but...dang.

IMO, a full stomach will avoid the stomach discomfort. Since LSD has strong stimulant effects it's similar to that of being high on amphetamine w/o a full stomach. The juices just churn n churn and cause the pain in the stomach. Well at least this is how it's always been with me when I don't eat and take uppers.

Had you eaten shortly before your dose?

^^^nope. Only once all day. It hurts more on either side of my stomach and its kind of a pulsing pain. Not necessarily right in the middle of my gut.

So you're saying you're dosing on an empty stomach then?

Eat first and then shortly after take your acid.

Please make sure it's tested

I got terrible stomach pain the first time I tried LSD. Nearly put me off the drug forever but I enjoyed it so much I did try it again and learned a thing or two along the way that seemed to make a difference for me. First of all, in my experience it is better to have some food in your stomach than not. Here are some things that have helped me since that first experience:

Move around. I think sitting/inactivity may have been part of the problem on my first trip.

Eat some fruit. I dug into a juicy plum and it definitely provided some relief, maybe because of the sweet juices, or maybe just psychological because the sensational taste put me into fits of laughter (maybe just laughing?!)

On subsequent trips I preloaded with ginko biloba (good for blood flow) and a ginger lozenge (usually for nausea). I don’t know if that’s what resolved it for me but I’ve never had stomach problems since.

Good luck!

So eating can really make that big of a difference? The pain is severe and definitely seems digestive related. I thought it was more related to serotonin receptors in the gut though. I am very active while on it usually. I'll try eating beforehand but not entirely convinced that's the issue because it is so severe. I do appreciate the feedback though. thanks :)

I like to have a fiber rich diet prior to tripping, then eat some good protein and fiber rich food for breakfast right before I trip. My stomach (really intestinal) pains are much lesser that way.

if you get hungry while on acid then the sensation can be quite strange and almost painful... i strongly suggest you have some snacky stuff on hand. fruit cocktail or granola or a greek salad are all good ideas.

fasting is not strictly necessary for everyone to get the best lsd experience. it may actually be counterproductive because having low blood glucose while on a psychedelic trip can lead to unexpected intensity, mood swings, et cetera. and for the majority of the populance lsd doesn't upset your stomach quite as much as some others (e.g. mescaline, 2C-X), i don't think.