• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulating drugs that don't lower seizure threshold?

nancy145

Bluelighter
My friend is on a number of different meds that cause sedation, and is always tired during the day. She has anxiety and PTSD induced seizures(not epilepsy), so traditional stimulants aren't an option. First thing I thought of was provigil and nuvigil, but I researched them and there isn't enough infromation done to confirm whether or not they lower seizure threshold yet. Any other ideas? Just BTW, this isn't for self medication, this is for recomendations to ask her doctor about, so I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions, it's fine if you don't know if it's a good option or not.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) can be used in low, therapeutic doses without increasing seizure threshold too much.

Ya almost LITERATELY all Stimulants (Of the mind affecting the GABA receptors in, better wod Exciting them, obviously opiates don't lowers threshold).
Ive had a seizure from to much coffee (3 cups :( ) Yet I can take.5 to the head and be fine... Never let the Dr put u on Benzos lol when tolerance builds ur just stuck with seizures. I guess It all depends on the person./