• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

stimulants with anti-seizure Meds

bben

Bluelighter
Would taking a stimulant like say an amphetamine or cocaine cause a seizure in someone taking antiseizure medications regularly, but not taking the antiseizure medications for the purpose of preventing seizures (offlabel).

Examples: Topamax (for headaches) +methamphetamine or pregabalin ( for anxiolytic purposes) + cocaine.

Would the above by increasing glutamate rapidly override the anti-seizure effects and in fact precipitate a seizure by causing a huge increase in activity in different areas of the brain formerly dormant?

If you're on anti-epileptics or similar anticonvulsants for a condition that invoilves seizures, taking compounds whiich promote seizures isn't a clever thing to do

If you're on anti-epileptics or similar anticonvulsants for a condition that invoilves seizures, taking compounds whiich promote seizures isn't a clever thing to do

Yeah this is about it. But if you're on anti-epileptics for headaches or anxiety, doing coke and meth at the same time wouldn't cause a seizure, it would lower the seizure threshold that was increased by the anti epileptics but if you're at a normal threshold and have no history of seizures then you should be fine.

Probably not. But long-term use of something like topamax at doses high enough to treat real seizure disorders could potentially lead to seizure upon abrupt discontinuation.

Well i take 3 different anti-seizure meds and ive never had a problem mixing cocaine or dextroamphetamine with them. I take gabapentin for neuropathic pain, clonazepam for anxiety and lamotrigine for bipolar disorder. Ive snorted powder and smoked rock and taken dextroamphetamine on these meds.

High doses of clonazepam and/or gabapentin blunts the effects a little but thats the only trouble ive had.

Valium (diazepam) is a seizure drug in its own right and it is fully compatible with stims. It doesn't kill the coke high though it smoothes it out sometwhat.

Well i take 3 different anti-seizure meds and ive never had a problem mixing cocaine or dextroamphetamine with them. I take gabapentin for neuropathic pain, clonazepam for anxiety and lamotrigine for bipolar disorder. Ive snorted powder and smoked rock and taken dextroamphetamine on these meds.

High doses of clonazepam and/or gabapentin blunts the effects a little but thats the only trouble ive had.

It seems we take the exact same meds so its good to know the effects are positive. How much dex do you take to break through the anti-seizure effects and to get euphoria?

If you're on benzos, it can kill the amphetamine high
Not true xanax + speed gave me really anxiety free high where I felt like king. Its very good commbo. Benzos take of the edge and make it more enjoyablew, in higher doses of xanax (2mg) with dextroaphetamine made me feel great.