• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Stimulant Overdose Instructions / survived 3 stimulant overdoses

Zonxx

Bluelighter
So having seen more threads lately pertaining to this, i figured i would chime in having had this occur 3 times as a result of using Crack cocaine, aswell as Methamphetamine mixed with amphetamine.
First off,

what does it feel like?
It feels like your heart is going to explode, or is feeling extremely tight(Your chest may feel tight aswell), so much so where you'll feel weak, may become quickly light headed, I Advise you NOT panic if an overdose occurs as it will not help anything. you may also feel like you're out of breath or feel like you cannot get enough air you should again not panic, have a seat incase anything happens, you don't want to feint, fall and hurt yourself.
what to do first- if you have a phone near you, and you believe it is a major overdose, Don't Hesitate to call emergency services, you will not be arrested or anything of the sort for your substances.
the next thing to do while you wait is if you have Benzodiazepines or Opiates/opioids, you should take a dose, but remember just because you're very stimulated for now doesn't mean it'll last so make sure you DO NOT take a dose higher than what you can handle without the stimulant whatsoever because taking more than you can handle during a stimulant overdose will lead to a CNS depressant overdose.

Why take Benzodiazepines?

Benzodiazepines have several effects, while calming you which will reduce your heart rate, it will be reduced further by its action, will lower your Blood pressure

Why take Opioids?

This where some people would disagree, while others would agree, having encountered others whom have survived OD's doing the exact same as i have, i would go ahead and assume this is not as dangerous as one would think as long as you take a dose within logical reason, that being said, Don't be afraid of 'speedballing' there are very little risk especially when overdosing, typically if you have a fast acting opioid, like oxycodone,Hydromorphone are the best for an overdose situation, particularly due to the fast action. Longer lasting opiates like morphine should be taken with caution during an overdose, NEVER compensate for the stimulant by taking a higher dose than you can handle without the stimulant in your system.
Taking an opioid during an overdose will reduce Blood pressure and heart rate, but you want to take a moderate dose, perhaps even half your regular dose to be sure that the reduced respiratory function doesn't deprive you of oxygen. furthermore essentially it is the same as Benzodiazepines, it will also reduce your anxiety which will aid a great deal. I do advise caution when combining CNS depressants, and to use moderate doses, that could be half of your regular doses (assuming you know how much you can take on a day without stims.

Both Benzodiazapines & Opioids work on the Sympathetic nervous system, which is the system that controls heart rate, and all unconcious actions, including breathing so by depressing it with these drugs, which stimulants also act directly upon, you are counteracting the effects of the stimulant which may have had caused your overdose.
------------------------------
Small edit/question/speculation - What do my fellow Bluelighters think about the below?
Also, Aspirin may be of help, as a blood thinner it could definetely help but as i've come to know and hope no one has to endure, there seems to be differing degrees of overdose that make them unique, the ones where your heart/chest feel tight, aspirin might be a good option, but in the past i have read contradictory information to this but as far as i can ponder, it can be beneficial because your heart doesn't have to pump as thick a serum, but in essence has more blood passing through it if the bloods thinned
As always, Stay safe folks!

~Zonxx

Last edited:
The one time i thought i was going to die via stimulants my heart rate was rocking in the high 160+ beats per minute i should of called a ambulance but i acutally wanted to die anyway so i just laid down expecting to drop dead from a heart attack. Was very in and out of consciouness but then i smoked alot of weed and it seemed to bring me back to life. So i believe weed might help in this scenario. I had been awake for over 3 days and it truly feels like your heart will give out and your quite close to death. Almost a surreal dreamy feeling as your body shuts down.

Very good informative post.

I've heard over the years that its actually quite hard to fatally overdose on amphetamines if you're in reasonably good health despite the bad rap they have. People like to say speed kills, assume because of the ingredients used in meth that its like playing roulette every time. The fact is you see a lot more 'old tweakers' than old heroin addicts out there. Thats not to say that speed doesn't fuck up your insides just as bad as other hard drugs, it certainly does. Real ODs are very rare though.

Last edited:
I've heard over the years that its actually quite hard to fatally overdose on amphetamines if you're in reasonably good health despite the bad rap they have. People like to say speed kills, assume because of the ingredients used in meth that its like playing roulette every time. The fact is you see a lot more 'old tweakers' than old heroin addicts out there. Thats not to say that speed doesn't fuck up your insides worse than most other hard drugs, it certainly does. Real ODs are very rare though.
TRUE.
i overdosed on about 300mg methamp, and 400mg addy,**No one is to take this dose,being extremely tolerant, it was not comfortable for me, i did not intentionally take this dose, i accidentally took more than expected**the thing is, OD on and amp, and you better have a downer because its not gonna just 'pass' since amps last so long, im adding that up there because compared to coke, coke will pass after 10min, without downplaying the risk for immediate death, theres risk for stroke with the two etc, both can be lessened in severity by the above techniques

Last edited:
Would a well measured dose of GHB make it worse, the overdose. Or provide equal benefit's as an Opiod or an Benzo?

Just wondering

Would a well measured dose of GHB make it worse, the overdose. Or provide equal benefit's as an Opiod or an Benzo?

Just wondering
i believe it would have POTENTIAL negatives if used in excess like everything else, don't overdo it and it can help but it doesn't reduce the activity as effectively as the two drug classes i list

I think benzos have got to be the best bet. I have taken benzos on stimulants before, many times to sleep at the end of the night, but also a couple of times because I wanted to reduce my heart rate because it was making me uncomfortable. They work really well for that and other than when they're used habitually, are very safe, probably physically in terms of acute effects the safest depressants around. Overdose is very, very unlikely except when combined with opiates, and they very effectively slow things down.

I think adding an opiate would probably help somewhat too, but would be a lot riskier.

Just wondering

hey, sorry to get off topic here, but could you give me some information on GHB?
I was just diagnosed with narcolepsy and they want to use GHB on me.
I am a bit hesitant about that.
What will it do and feel like?
You can P.M me about this.

Thank you!
❤️

A couple of questions / observations:

1. What about the use of Clonidine in this situation?

2. My experience of taking benzos (valiium and/or temazepam) straight after heroic doses of methamphetamine is that they do not even touch the sides at close to recommended doses. I presume the dosage in this situation should be a fair bit higher than normal recommended but short of the whole bottle. A bit hard to judge if you are not experienced with benzos. If I had too much amp I would prefer xanax as it seems (to me) faster acting and more heavy hitting but with increased risk of overdose. I wonder whether it would be best to take 5 mg and then wait half an hour before upping if things still shaky? 5 MG would be lights (temporarily) out for me on a normal sober situation. Temazepam seems to do shit against amps but it helps 2-3 days later in getting back to normal sleep.

Overdose is very, very unlikely except when combined with opiates, and they very effectively slow things down.

I think adding an opiate would probably help somewhat too, but would be a lot riskier.

The opposite is also true. I only survived my first go at heroin because I was already full of speed - still woke up in the ER.

Maybe some Quetiapine in case of psychosis.

Definitely. Although with the knowledge that quetiapine/seroquel will reduce the hit from any further amps you take. Take an XR version of quetiapine the night before and you'll be wasting any amps you take the next day. Which might be good if you've already reached peak amped/tweaked.

Definitely. Although with the knowledge that quetiapine/seroquel will reduce the hit from any further amps you take. Take an XR version of quetiapine the night before and you'll be wasting any amps you take the next day. Which might be good if you've already reached peak amped/tweaked.

Oh yeah, I'd only take an instant release version and only if you WANT to abort the trip. I've had psychosis from chronic amphetamine use (like all day every day for three months) and ended up literally as bad as Sara Goldfarb and had friends/family members pretty much force feed me a Quetiapine and I've been SUPER grateful after it kicked in and I realized how crazy I'd been. Sometimes benzo's just don't work when you're psychotic. They're a godsend for OD's. though. It's what they'd give you in the hospital anyway.

Last edited:
hey, sorry to get off topic here, but could you give me some information on GHB?
I was just diagnosed with narcolepsy and they want to use GHB on me.
I am a bit hesitant about that.
What will it do and feel like?
You can P.M me about this.

Thank you!
My reasoning for GHB was based upon the Narcoleptic treatement with stimulant's, daytime, and GHB at night.

So it is medically used for this condition. They basicly give you two knock-out dosages of G one at the start of sleep and one to prolong it to a reasonable 7/ 8 hour's. The good effect's on sleep architecture is one of the main point's for it's use if I am correct. And in contrast with Benzo's and Opiod's it is at 2 dosage's a night less prone to addiction. The resulting yolt of energy when the last dose is cleared from the body could be benificial for a narcolepsy.

It get's painfull when one is dosing 24/7 and one is physically dependent on it.

What to expect. You will be using it on dr's order's, but I suspect a schedule like on the Xyrem site
https://www.xyrem.com/xyrem-dosing-for-adult-patients

It feel's very unpleasant to stay awake on a dose intended to induce sleep. So you be wanting to lay down in bed ready to take off as it works very, very fast. It will make you dizzy, overdoses can produce naussea which will get more pronounced when moving.

A plus imo is the lack of tolerance. A dose stay's a dose especially when your dosing only at night.

A couple of questions / observations:

1. What about the use of Clonidine in this situation?

2. My experience of taking benzos (valiium and/or temazepam) straight after heroic doses of methamphetamine is that they do not even touch the sides at close to recommended doses. I presume the dosage in this situation should be a fair bit higher than normal recommended but short of the whole bottle. A bit hard to judge if you are not experienced with benzos. If I had too much amp I would prefer xanax as it seems (to me) faster acting and more heavy hitting but with increased risk of overdose. I wonder whether it would be best to take 5 mg and then wait half an hour before upping if things still shaky? 5 MG would be lights (temporarily) out for me on a normal sober situation. Temazepam seems to do shit against amps but it helps 2-3 days later in getting back to normal sleep.
well i cant speak to clonidine.

indeed, you can technically take more, i didn't specify dose due to everyones tolerance being difference, PERSONALLY i took 10mg clonazepam, and 4mg crushed sublingually, but that doesnt mean someone else wouldn't overdose on that

Oh yeah, I'd only take an instant release version and only if you WANT to abort the trip. I've had psychosis from chronic amphetamine use (like all day every day for three months) and ended up literally as bad as Sara Goldfarb and had friends/family members pretty much force feed me a Quetiapine and I've been SUPER grateful after it kicked in and I realized how crazy I'd been. Sometimes benzo's just don't work when you're psychotic. They're a godsend for OD's. though. It's what they'd give you in the hospital anyway.
seroquel won't cancel out the deadly stimulation however from amphetamines, cocaine possibly, but amphetamines force release nor-ephedrine

So having seen more threads lately pertaining to this, i figured i would chime in having had this occur 3 times as a result of using Crack cocaine, aswell as Methamphetamine mixed with amphetamine.
First off,

what does it feel like?
It feels like your heart is going to explode, or is feeling extremely tight(Your chest may feel tight aswell), so much so where you'll feel weak, may become quickly light headed, I Advise you NOT panic if an overdose occurs as it will not help anything. you may also feel like you're out of breath or feel like you cannot get enough air you should again not panic, have a seat incase anything happens, you don't want to feint, fall and hurt yourself.
what to do first- if you have a phone near you, and you believe it is a major overdose, Don't Hesitate to call emergency services, you will not be arrested or anything of the sort for your substances.
the next thing to do while you wait is if you have Benzodiazepines or Opiates/opioids, you should take a dose, but remember just because you're very stimulated for now doesn't mean it'll last so make sure you DO NOT take a dose higher than what you can handle without the stimulant whatsoever because taking more than you can handle during a stimulant overdose will lead to a CNS depressant overdose.

Why take Benzodiazepines?

Benzodiazepines have several effects, while calming you which will reduce your heart rate, it will be reduced further by its action, will lower your Blood pressure

Why take Opioids?

This where some people would disagree, while others would agree, having encountered others whom have survived OD's doing the exact same as i have, i would go ahead and assume this is not as dangerous as one would think as long as you take a dose within logical reason, that being said, Don't be afraid of 'speedballing' there are very little risk especially when overdosing, typically if you have a fast acting opioid, like oxycodone,Hydromorphone are the best for an overdose situation, particularly due to the fast action. Longer lasting opiates like morphine should be taken with caution during an overdose, NEVER compensate for the stimulant by taking a higher dose than you can handle without the stimulant in your system.
Taking an opioid during an overdose will reduce Blood pressure and heart rate, but you want to take a moderate dose, perhaps even half your regular dose to be sure that the reduced respiratory function doesn't deprive you of oxygen. furthermore essentially it is the same as Benzodiazepines, it will also reduce your anxiety which will aid a great deal. I do advise caution when combining CNS depressants, and to use moderate doses, that could be half of your regular doses (assuming you know how much you can take on a day without stims.

Both Benzodiazapines & Opioids work on the Sympathetic nervous system, which is the system that controls heart rate, and all unconcious actions, including breathing so by depressing it with these drugs, which stimulants also act directly upon, you are counteracting the effects of the stimulant which may have had caused your overdose.
------------------------------
Small edit/question/speculation - What do my fellow Bluelighters think about the below?
Also, Aspirin may be of help, as a blood thinner it could definetely help but as i've come to know and hope no one has to endure, there seems to be differing degrees of overdose that make them unique, the ones where your heart/chest feel tight, aspirin might be a good option, but in the past i have read contradictory information to this but as far as i can ponder, it can be beneficial because your heart doesn't have to pump as thick a serum, but in essence has more blood passing through it if the bloods thinned
As always, Stay safe folks!

~Zonxx
What about Fentanyl?

Just wondering

Very interesting question. I think
It could be very dangerous if you dosed over 4 mL and put yourself into sleep, I wouldn’t suggest that at all. A small dose on the other hand, maybe