• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Stimulant *NEED ADVICE*

Bobcom100

Greenlighter
Hello, I am a 16 year old male and just a few days ago I was prescribed focalin xr 10mg for ADD by my doctor. i took the dose for 3 days and I can say it did not help me focus or concentrate on my schoolwork at all. I understand these meds aren't magic pills but I have taken Adderall and Vyvanse before (not prescribed) and can say i definitely felt concentrated and more focused, although the come downs were harsh my dosage was likely more than I needed, anyways so I doubled my prescribed dosage today to see if maybe I just needed a higher dose, but it only increased the bad side effects again. I don't have a problem with behavior or staying still it's my mind that is always racing, and so far the only neutral effect is im less active. I let my mom know that I don't think its working but she wants me to wait and keep taking it. I am already pretty thin and have barely eaten since starting focalin and I don't know what to do, should I stick with the medication a little longer in hope of the side effects to change or let my doctor know that I want to switch meds.

If you have any advice it would help!!

switch your fucking meds... i hated focalin...

adderall if your on a budget, Vyvanse if your parents have money.

Adderall try not take more then 20 mg in the morning that should last u all through school and then by dinner you should be hungry

either or

It will not get better..the first few days on amphetamines is when u usually feel the best

focalin is the worst add med I've tried and I've tried most if not all of them

Make sure to eat and sleep - force yourself if you have to - otherwise you will find the comedowns get worse and worse.

And also, don't increase the dose beyond what you're prescribed. It will only make you more tweaked out.