• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Stims to get some get up and go energy

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
I'm trying to decide between. Ritalin or Concerta as a short term solution to waking up and getting rid of the morning lethargia.

I know the addiction potential between both but it's better then getting a bag of "khat" (Cathinone derivative). Plus who knows what they put in there lately. Was looking at just getting some pure pseudoephedrine but also from past exp, didn't do much.

Any ideas or something else to recommend

Why full-on ADHD meds for just morning wakefulness? You could just try something like modafinil. You could probably even get it prescribed for the literal purpose you're looking for. And like, obviously, there's the question of caffeine. Does that just not cut it for you even at higher doses?

Also I was so confused when you mentioned pesudoephedrine for a second. I was like, "why would you take that in the morning for wakefulness you crazy person" because I am stupid and get a paradoxical sleepiness from it. I forget it doesn't do that to most people.

@Antares I got a good idea this morning. Gonna get myself an ECA stack from my gym guy. Know for a fact that will do the trick and I will cycle it for tolerance reasons and so on

I take modafinil in the morning when I have a boring day ahead and it gets me through my "zombie state" in the afternoons more often than not. But... It takes some time to kick (like an hour or so), so not sure if it would help you get out of bed.

I'm trying to decide between. Ritalin or Concerta as a short term solution to waking up and getting rid of the morning lethargia.

I know the addiction potential between both but it's better then getting a bag of "khat" (Cathinone derivative). Plus who knows what they put in there lately. Was looking at just getting some pure pseudoephedrine but also from past exp, didn't do much.

Any ideas or something else to recommend
Well given the choice Khat would my first choice. Not so good for intelectual stuff, but otherwise a great euphoric sloppy stimulant. While Methylphenidate/ Ritalin is an annoying ultra short acting stim with nasty physical side effect's imo.

Ime exp MPH is more fiendin yet less pleasureable then any stim I took. True addiction to stims I never noticed.
If Khat wasn't made illegal, I would still like to take it once in a while, just to chill. For ADHD or a more selective stim is dextro-Amphetamin. I get it for ADHD, and that I find also not addicting neither fiending. Has no shitty side effect's reasonable duration.

Last edited:
I take modafinil in the morning when I have a boring day ahead and it gets me through my "zombie state" in the afternoons more often than not. But... It takes some time to kick (like an hour or so), so not sure if it would help you get out of bed.
How is Modafinil compared to a stimulant like dextro_Amphetamine. Is Modafinil able to treat ADHD?

OP never ementioned ADHD.
Instead asked for

And not for

Or something
The Op even used PseudoEphedrine. I never mentioned he wrote he had ADHD I have. Just that dl-MethylPhenidate ime is shit for fun and for focus.

Functional stimulant imo dextro-Amphetamine IR, recreative chewing fresh Khat. And yes the high is what I call sloppy. Instead of speedy or focused. Pretty straight forward description of Khat right? On Khat you can and will chill ime.

Well back on O.G account.

1. Not ADHD
2. KHAT would be nice is for social aspect but there won't be that.
3. The Methylphenidate I decided is a bit overkill for what I want.

I did a bit of reading on Modafill and gets my docs opinion two as she is very open minded and knows exactly what I put in my system and does my bloods from time to time when needed.

Oh as for coffee I wish but a barista or whatever they call be made it from scratch. Roasting, grinding, the works. Remember one day feeling I was almost like on coke I was eating the beans like smarties while roasting them 🤣

I was eating the beans like smarties
I DO eat coffee beans. I have a jar of them on my desk. I might not eat them like I would eat smarties, but on average it's 2-5 (though only while sitting at the desk). Never came to my mind to mention that in all the coffee discussions here..Strange.

If you can use it ONLY to wake up, & not redose, I honestly recommend cocaine (in solution in a nasal spray bottle), or better yet, crack. Not much needed to wake you up fully & quickly!

If you can use it ONLY to wake up, & not redose, I honestly recommend cocaine (in solution in a nasal spray bottle), or better yet, crack. Not much needed to wake you up fully & quickly!
I need something to get me through my zombie afternoons. Maybe I should suggest my new doc to prescribe me some of that :rofl:

Honestly I feel like for what you're looking for, a low dose IR dextroamphetamine regimen would suit best. 10-20mg depending on your tolerance and sensitivity.

I have slight Crack = Heroin problem so let's skip that one 😋 but you dead right there, instant wake up. So I wish but skip