• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stilnox recreational use / dosage?

I've had a look through some threads... No luck.

Yesterday the doc prescribed me 14 tablets of Stillnox - zolpidem tartrate 10mg. I've never had Stillnox before but I ended up having 4 tablets, and I didn't really feel much at all? I still had some trouble even trying to sleep!

Does anyone know why this happened?
Should I take 2 tonight and see if that works?

Previously I have done a few zannies here and there but not sure if that would effect my tolerance. I was really hoping I could just take one then be knocked out and get a good 8 hours sleep... I'm cutting myself off from bud :( even though that works the best.

Thanks! Thanks!!

MM

How much Xanax were you taking? Since I abused benzos in huge quantities (2 big withdrawals - ~ 60mg valium and 1mg Xanax and 1 valium taper from 50mg) neither zolpidem nor zopiclone do much for me. I used to have soooo much fun on stilnox as a kid that I'm sure it's what set me up in my drug taking tendencies later in life. Now it won't put me to sleep in doses below 30mg after months of abstinence. I can't get high at all. Just kinda fuzzy for a while and then that horrible fucking stilnox nausea.

I'd take 2 tonight unless you were planning on conserving them for sleep. You probably won't get anything out of it but what have you got to lose?

I did notice that when it was still worthwhile using them, sometimes a dose would take a little too long to work. Instead of the normal 15mins, I'm talking 4-5 hours before I was tripping (if you can call it that). The high was always the usual intensity and this would happen every half dozen times or so. I only noticed it after around 2 years of occasional abuse although; maybe you gave up and went to bed before it kicked in?

Okay....

Well over the past 3 or so years I've been taking Xanax on and off, so it's hard to really say... I would say like 10mg/month. Last night I ended up just having 3 at the same time and well I felt a bit but really all I had was slight nausea, bit of confusion, I did try to sleep for a bit but ended up just on my computer till 7am in this sort of in the zone/zombie state... I am starting to think the doc just gave me these duds for the placebo effect haha - because with everything else, including xanax, I have a pretty low tolerance, or... I am sketching out :).

Anyway I am going to go back in a week and just say they hardly had any effect and a joint would of worked much better.

Thanks for your help!!... I am going to conclude it's the 3 years of taking xanax which has caused me to have a low tolerance.

I usually avoid these stilnox/ambien threads because I've been on stilnox for 8 years and feel ashamed I still rely on it for sleep, it's nasty stuff because I think it's messed my GABA up in all sorts of ways but can't bring myself to even taper off the stuff or ask the doctor for help in fear of losing my script - that said I still usually only stick to 10-15mg for sleep, anymore than that and things can get messy, anymore than 15mg and I can still experience black outs and my judgement gets very shady.

I've lost all of the hallucinogenic effects though. I used to see the shadow people, my vision would warp, objects would dance in the corners of my eyes, my bed would "move" under me and when I smoked weed with it I would go DEEP. Now it just relieves my anxiety and lets me sleep. It's actually quite horrible to be still dependent on something to get to sleep, so for anyone who's getting easy refills and using it more than they really should, moderate that shit ASAP!

People seem to underestimate their tolerance with the drug, I often see people mention they've quickly built up a tolerance and that they need ridiculous amounts for it to work. However, while you might not always experience the halluciongenic aspects of the drug, you can be sure as shit you are still getting fucked up. By uping your dose too quickly, all you will do is black out and possibly wake up regretting something silly you have done the night before, so again, becareful.

Last edited:
Perhaps you have already tried this, but if not, then you could always try and taper yourself without saying anything to your doctor. There are pill splitters you can use to split tablets into roughly equal sections and if that is not precise enough I am sure you could figure out some kind of way to dose it more accurately in a liquid.

I understand for many people this approach might not be easy because accumulating a relatively large stash of the stuff can be quite tempting. It obviously wont be the most comfortable thing in your life but you could do it gradually enough that it hopefully isn't too bad, relatively speaking.

I like insufflating the stuff. It has a pleasant but noticeable burn. I'm not sure about bio availabilities, and it's obviously harmful to snort pills, but I do it so rarely it seems permissible.

I'm not sure how but the high feels different up the nose vs oral. Also, I've never used the stuff above 25mg + - my one experience with around that amount was fun, but I barely remember it, and it could get one into trouble. At lower doses snorted it's actually a very relaxing stone - more so than most benzo's in my opinion.

^^Haha mate, that sounds like it could be pretty intense.

How hard does a good dose hit? Like does the ceiling melt into the floor almost instantly?

Drove some bills at 50mg. I wrote things down and I guess the kitchen curtains were straight out and waving like a hurricane was coming in. I guess I didn't like it because when I woke up the next day the curtains were smashed in a pile on my livingroom floor. Girlfriend not impressed. Anyway I am an avid user of ambien and do lines regularly so I recommend pacing yourself with the dosage.

I got on the benzo and Z drug band wagon.

One night I had an entire box of stillnox 14 tablets 10mg each so 140mg and 6mg of colonazepam.

I was pretty chilled but I didn't get visuals.

I don't recommend this to anyone.

I'm a little shocked by the OP's comment: Stilnox as a non addictive alternative to benzo's prescribed by his GP. The fuck ups of medical practice at it's finest. Yeah nothing like a stilnox induced bout of insanity. I steer well clear of this stuff for obvious reasons. I like my blinds/curtains and the windows to which they are attached just the way they are! Another reason being that running nude through a hotel is not something I find fun.

1raddude what were you thinking 140 mg silnox and 6 mg clonazepam? WTF, I mean why did you expect visuals? Pretty chilled would be an understatement. Next thing you'd be ringing your friends mid sleep and tell them your DJing at a party in Italy! Farrrkkk total insanity!

I've had a look through some threads... No luck.

Yesterday the doc prescribed me 14 tablets of Stillnox - zolpidem tartrate 10mg. I've never had Stillnox before but I ended up having 4 tablets, and I didn't really feel much at all? I still had some trouble even trying to sleep!

Does anyone know why this happened?
Should I take 2 tonight and see if that works?

Previously I have done a few zannies here and there but not sure if that would effect my tolerance. I was really hoping I could just take one then be knocked out and get a good 8 hours sleep... I'm cutting myself off from bud :( even though that works the best.

Thanks! Thanks!!

MM

Stilnox is a different beast to bennies. You shouldn't have cross tolerance especially if you have only done bennies a few times. I found them to be quite crap for assisting sleep. Better than nothing but not by much. A higher dose was more like a black out so I fucked them off real quick. Fucking Dr's prescribing shit medications grrrr...

The unfortunate result of the media hype and consequential reschuduling of alprazolam to schedule 8. If you used to get regular scripts from a GP in oz they will all be minimising personal risk and diverting patients to other meds.
From experience with iv zolpidem the only advice on dosage is that there is a fine line between a nice experience and complete amnesia the next day. And you will for certain feel the urge to be productive or interact with human beings, just a fair warning to be cautious.

So.. ive been off of ambien for a while now.. a few days after the "raging curtain" incident i ended up crushing 2 ambien 10s before bed, (not trying to abuse, just for sleep this time) went to bed and apparently i woke up an hour into sleep and without a memory of it.. i ate the remainder of my monthly script.. something like 280mg of ambien. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.. i remember a slight haze of what happened after months now of trying to figure out what occurred that night. Apparently i got it in my head that i wanted to go live in the wilderness for a few days.. so while my girlfriend was asleep a packed my AR-15 and 500 rounds into the back of my old car and decided i was going to head off into the woods somewhere.. needless to say i didn't make it too far. The first big curve in the road i ended up driving off of and somehow i just grazed a tree with my back bumper ripping it off as well as damaging the back end of my car but i went back and looked at the tracks the next day and it looked like i drifted around it and bounced back on the road and kept going.. after that i guess i decided to go home, had no idea that i crashed my old car or any recollection of what happened. Took me a long time to figure out what happened im just glad i didn't die or hurt someone else. After i woke up and seen ny car i called my dr and told em to get me the fuck off ambien.. my advice to anyone that wants to abuse ambien would be DONT. It could kill you, your loved ones, someone else, or even land you in prison. Its not worth it...

Digging up an old thread, but I just had a pretty bad reaction to stilnox cr. I went to the doctor wanting melatonin for my insomnia due to lack of addiction/lack of tolerance/lack of side effects, and I walk out with a stilnox cr script cause melatonin is apparently only recommended for 55+ yrs old. What. A. Fucking. Joke. Some doctors are so fucking clueless about medication it's not funny. Also what a joke that a supplement (i'm not going to call it a drug, it's your body's natural sleep hormone ffs) like melatonin with a better safety/side effect profile than most OTC products is prescription only. TGA can go suck a bunch of dicks.

Anyway, I thought if I get some sleep it won't be that bad. Knowing how I've handled hypnotic benzos before (I said to doctor I specifically don't want benzodiazapines and he gives me a script for a z-drug, not a big difference but doubt he knows it) I was smart, took 1 tablet, gave the rest of the packet to my gf and told her to hide it and not tell me where it is. This move was not only a good one from stopping me doing crazy shit, but especially good considering what 1 did to me.

Woke up after 5 1/2 hours sleep, not great but hey it's an improvement. Then about 2 hours of being awake later I get a fucking ridiculous headache. Not a migraine, as I have them often enough to know the symptoms well, but it was just as if not more painful than a migraine (I could still think pretty clearly, vision not blurry, etc.). Took 2 panadeine forte I had laying around, tried to lay down for a bit. I felt quite a bit better. However come time to drive to work less than 2 hours later, panadeine forte has worn off and the headaches back, so took some nurofen and told myself to suck it up. Get a few km's down the road driving, and my hands go from slightly numb all the way to the point where they couldn't grip the steering wheel. Needless to say I pulled over, called work (thankfully I work at pharmacy so could get some advice at the same time lol), took more panadeine forte even though it had only been 2 hours since last dose (not the advice of pharmacist but my own choice) and just sat there till I could drive back home then walk to emergency department. Waited in ER but didn't even get vitals checked for 2 hours (said I didn't feel too bad so was ridiculously low priority), felt a bit better so I left (the numbness had pretty much gone, which was what worried me the most), then came to write this post and still need to head back to GP - a different one but same clinic.

Obviously this is a pretty rare reaction to it, but a good lesson in why you should start your doses small to check for adverse effects before taking a huge dose of something you've never had before. If I'd not known how I handled benzos, I never would have given the box to my gf and I might have ended up not just acting like a complete retard and be unaware of it, but may have been much worse today. It was fucking scary enough as it was.

Stay safe people, start small on your first time of ANYTHING. You may be that 0.1% that has a serious reaction to something. I thought it'd never happen to me, but it did. Also I don't see the point of abusing drugs where you can't remember the experience but can land yourself in a fuck load of trouble, that's why I've never had and never will have a benzo again after blacking out. No Z-drugs either by the looks of things - I'd rather not sleep a wink than go through this shit again. Going to pretty much force whichever doc I see to give me a melatonin script instead, regardless of my age.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, seeing as I'll never touch the stuff again, are stilnox hallucinations similar to other deliriants like diphenhydramine? If so that would be the much safer option, you're still tripping balls but you can remember it and at least you're conscious.

Last edited:
Ive been using stilnox for a year now and now when i take a dosage, it does nothing for me. but sometimes it does, is completely random whenever I take one. Any suggestions for this. I havent enjoyed the last 3 ive taken, and that pisses me off