• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Still iffy bout MScontin vs Oxycontin.

BHPaperstacks

Bluelighter
Sup yall, you know who it is! Ya hurd me? It's BHPaperstacks AKA Papes Stackington comin at ya live and direct in the flesh! S'all good baby baby!

So I been up on the board before asking some questions bout Mscontin, but none of them was answered to my satisfaction before the mod closed my thread so I'm back for more while flashin' a dizzying array of westside handsignals ya dig?

A playa is just inquiring to find out what a man who takes 5 20 mg oc's and gets a small buzz needs to take.

Check the math:

I figure its

M= 2/3 OC, but oral bioavailability is suppossed to be only 30% so is it really M(oral) X .30 =2/3 OC dose?

Do I need a dose closer to 300 mgs oral to get a buzz?

Hopin' for a quick response.

Thanks,

I hope someone can answer this question b/c I really don't know and am kind of interested too.

But my real reason in posting is to say you cracked me up haha.

I would say start with 200 then wait 45 min and see how you feel then eat the rest if you need it. IMO mscontin sucks unless you bang it, oxys for me.

There's really no good equivalences with morphine. Some people literally metabolize it three times as well as others through the oral route. Just start low (maybe 120mg) work up from there. Keep in mind it is a very different feel between morphine and oxycodone.

When you read opioid conversion charts, the equivalent doses take into account the oral BA. I'd stick with the 2/3 conversion, don't get too hung up on the BA. One other thing to keep in mind that many opioid conversion charts don't touch on is incomplete cross-tolerance. Just because you're tolerant to one opioid, doesn't mean that the equivalent dose of another is going to be "exact". The metabolism and binding affinities of the different opioids vary across the board. So in most cases, it's necessary to actually take the equivalent dose of the new opioid you're trying and reduce it by 15-25% to account for the fact that your body isn't accustomed to the new drug.

Definitely do not start at 200mg. Ask your doctor, but most likely they would start you on around 120mg morphine and titrate up, w/ bt meds

I usually do 2-3 x 80mg Oxy's (OC) so thats about 160 - 240mg+ to get wheremi want to be.

Ive been offered the chance of trying Zomorph (Prplonged released morphine) but im wondering whether its worth my money and time considering how much it will cost me compared to he oxy and my massive tolerance.

what do you guys think?

I usually do 2-3 x 80mg Oxy's (OC) so thats about 160 - 240mg+ to get wheremi want to be.

Ive been offered the chance of trying Zomorph (Prplonged released morphine) but im wondering whether its worth my money and time considering how much it will cost me compared to he oxy and my massive tolerance.

what do you guys think?

If where you want to be is high...no..
If where you want to be is relieved of pain...yes..

"S'all good baby baby!"
Mom? Is that you?

-token

Ya unfortunately that's what I was doing originally with the MScontin but the dose wasn't even giving me moderate pain relief let alone a buzz. I ended up taking 200mgs last night and had a very light, sedated effect with some slight euphoria and that lovely opiate feeling where it seems as if your soul is getting a massage, though it was slight and far between. Reminded me of when I first started and took 15mgs of morphine IR. Times have changed though, my tolerance is way up. I think to get a long, sustained morphine time release high I'm looking at between 250-300 mgs.

Still I appreciate the advice and though you probably can't see it from your side of the computer screen I'm totally throwing up gang signs in your honor.

I have two herniated discs and one is pushing into my sciatic nerve causing inflammation. I find MScontin lasts longer, but I tend to have more breakthrough pain when I'm on it. I blame the Jews who run the media and lazy black welfare recipients for my medical condition as well as for morphine's inability to keep me pain free through the whole day.

I have two herniated discs and one is pushing into my sciatic nerve causing inflammation. I find MScontin lasts longer, but I tend to have more breakthrough pain when I'm on it. I blame the Jews who run the media and lazy black welfare recipients for my medical condition as well as for morphine's inability to keep me pain free through the whole day.

What about orphans...you forgot the orphans...

"lovely opiate feeling where it seems as if your soul is getting a massage"

Officially triggering....

~token

I have two herniated discs and one is pushing into my sciatic nerve causing inflammation. I find MScontin lasts longer, but I tend to have more breakthrough pain when I'm on it. I blame the *...*

I understand that was humor, but please leave the racism at the door next time.

Triggering for sure, but TDS and the Lounge are the only two that restrict that I believe... (on that note, I guess I'll eat some medication..)

Sorry what's triggering?

trigger = An event (examples: reading, hearing, feeling) that precipitates other events (examples: wanting, searching, using) ;

or..in this case..

trigger = A device (words) used to release or activate a mechanism (token's addiction).

example: my reading this- "lovely opiate feeling where it seems as if your soul is getting a massage"

triggers my want of opiates and/or massages. ;)

trigger = An event (examples: reading, hearing, feeling) that precipitates other events (examples: wanting, searching, using) ;

or..in this case..

trigger = A device (words) used to release or activate a mechanism (token's addiction).

example: my reading this- "lovely opiate feeling where it seems as if your soul is getting a massage"

triggers my want of opiates and/or massages. ;)

My apologies, but are we really restricted from saying phrases that elicit or shoukd i say trigger"trigger" a conditioned response for opiates?

My apologies, but are we really restricted from saying phrases that elicit or shoukd i say trigger"trigger" a conditioned response for opiates?

Not in BDD, but as I had said, the Lounge (no drug talk at all allowed), and TDS (very little talk at all, NOTHING triggering) have restricted rules for drug-talk.

Hey! I wasn't complaining. I liked that line. ;)

I've been triggered since birth, anyway.

-token

I know this is several years old, but I figured I'd go ahead and answer anyway, being an ms contin user (it lasts the longest, so it is by far my favorite). Oxy is stronger, yes, and has a great oral BA. If you're accustomed to taking 100mg of oxy, then 200mg of morphine would be the oral equivalency. I can handle about 300mg of ms contin (DO NOT attempt to take that many without a veteran tolerance). It is a bit weaker, but you'll love the legs.

I personally feel that MSContin is a very strong drug, even for the experienced opiate user. Morphine and oxycontin I like apples and oranges they are two completely different opiates with different effects. I feel it all boils down to one's personal preference. Oxycontin to me does not last very long it's a very energetic and Speedy buzz that is short-lived. While morphine on the other hand is very sedating and long-acting I will admit it doesn't hit you as hard but it gives more opiate qualities that Oxycontin does not have. I have a 15 year history of opiate use and I must say morphine is up there

Yep. I'd take MS-Contin over Oxycontin any day. 15 years is a long time to be on opiates. I tried Tussionex hydrocodone syrup for the first time when I was 16, but I didn't start taking opiates daily til I was 18 or 19. I'll be 28 this year, so that's a decade of use for me. :\