• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Still having PHYSICAL opiate withdrawal symptoms 2 weeks later...???

Damn- I forgot to address your question on Lyrica and also wanted to comment about Neurontin.

I take Neurontin everyday, and have for the past 4yrs. It doesn't help with w/d symptoms for me either. It loses that ability when taken regularly, as we both do.

Neurontin doesn't help much for pain for me. What it does help is keeping anxiety and panic attacks to manageable levels for me. And that is a godsend. I believe the reason I abused opiates was to stop the anxiety. And that stopped working. Even at insane amounts, opiates stopped helping.

Suboxone doesn't seem to help much for pain. Lyrica is what I find most effective for pain magement. I try to save it for my worst days. I'm afraid if I take it too frequently, it will lose effectivenrss.

Does Neurontin help with pain for you? Hope you're having a great day :)

Hey 10 years, I just started Lyrica 75mgsx2 4 days ago for Fibro, and titrating to 150?2 in 3 days. I swear a few hours after the first dose I had dilated pupils and was the most pain free I'd been in a long time.

Aside from that, and maybe some decreased symptoms, I've had flare ups that have me moaning in pain. All the information out there says week-2 weeks to be effective. What's your advice/experience?

Also on thread topic: I'm approaching 20 days clean from IV Fent habit and still physically at 20 percent. I can only do a few daily chores/personal heygeine with heavy fatigue, still get bad cramps, and have these strange hits of lightheadedness constantly (even while.sitting), almost like a brain zap without the electrical feeling.

I thought this whole thing would be opposite. I thought the mentally I would be a pile of shit. It's so frustrating wanting.to go to the gym, and eat normally, and go for a run when you sit and contemplate for 10 minutes about walking to the fucking mailbox. Definite lesson on what these drugs can do you.

I'm realizing quickly, certain individuals, especially those with prolonged/heavy heavy short acting opioid use, are falling in between the medical detox methadone timeline, and the heroin timeline.