Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Still feel panic a year after bad trip

Paran0iz

Greenlighter
Hey guys
I'll try and keep it brief, I did post earlier in the year so I don't wanna repeat myself too much.
Basically last November I had a really bad trip on 4aco-dmt, didn't know what was happening to me and I full on panicked. I've since learnt pretty much everything there is to know about the experience and why it went wrong (mixing with k, attempting to resist ego-death). I've been on a journey to heal myself through being healthy and meditating and just basically living a normal life... from the outside everything would appear to be normal with me.
However I still feel panicked on a daily basis with no apparent triggers, and even had another flashback a couple of months ago. I've tried just about everything; yoga, meditation, sobriety, followed by cannabis use followed by sobriety again, CBT, EMDR, acupuncture. Although all of these things have helped nothing has quite nipped these symptoms in the bud completely. I'm at a bit of a loose end and would be eternally grateful for some support or advice on how to deal with this. The main symptom I get is this feeling of being unbalanced, like I feel like I am standing on a boat or something. Has anyone else experienced this? Apparently it's a common symptom of panic but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this or if it goes away or not. I had no history of panic before this trip (although I was generally quite an anxious person).
Anyways sorry for the rant and thanks in advanced for any responses or even if you just took the time to read this.
Love
Steve

That sucks man. This question has more to do with the art of living a happy life than with psychedelics use imo. Yes, the anxiety was triggeres by the use of psychedelics, but any direct effect is long gone by now.

Often psychedelics can open doors in your perception to underlying subconscious challenges. You are faced with the question of what aspect of your personality causes your panic. Then you can face your fear, work through it and ultimately let it go. This is a proces that can take effort and time, but it is a big part of the healing potential of the use of psychedelics.

Also important is moving on after facing your challenges. Always focus on creating a positive and meaningful life for yourself. Focus on positive things and actively creating meaning is crucial for a happy life. Focus on the negative only magnifies what you don’t want in your life. Create your own happiness instead!

I would cut out cannabis for about a decade.
continue the rest as you are actually doing fine with these efforts,
allow shrooms or acid (or analogues) infrequently (up to 2x per year).
after a decade cannabis might be fine again, I think this wonder drug has weird panicky side-effects for some of us that are well ignored as we attempt legalization which is totally unfair, but individuals have to find their own way.

I would cut out cannabis for about a decade.
continue the rest as you are actually doing fine with these efforts,
allow shrooms or acid (or analogues) infrequently (up to 2x per year).
after a decade cannabis might be fine again, I think this wonder drug has weird panicky side-effects for some of us that are well ignored as we attempt legalization which is totally unfair, but individuals have to find their own way.

Interesting. A decade seems like a long time to abstain from a drug. May I ask why you think it's necessary to stay off the weed for so long. I was sober for about 6 months after this all happened and when I started smoking again it was a huge part of the recovery process for me (which I found surprising). It reminded me what it felt like to be happy and relaxed again. I don't smoke it so much anymore, maybe once a month. Do you still think this is too much? Really appreciate your advice!