Bugs Still can't post pictures on mobile

4meSM

Bluelighter
So this has been going on for a while. I can't post pictures on mobile (from my phone), I've even tried to do it manually (with [ img ] [/img]) and it doesn't work either. The only way I can post pictures is through imgur.

Either the picture doesn't show or I get the following message:

Can it be fixed? 😁

Hey mate, all images need to be hosted on a third party service like Imgur now. We disabled direct uploads back in February due to excessive database growth.

I know but I still can't post images no matter which host I use. Here watch this, it's the same picture uploaded to imgbb:

nkwh1gz

I can't see it. The only way I'll see it is if I just post the link like this:

Edit: ok I got it, I'm forced to use the whole bbcode provided by the image hoster, the regular [ img ] [/img] doesn't work on bluelight.

What I want is the picture to look like this. I'm used to pasting the direct link (from the hoster) into the image icon showed on my picture, but apparently that doesn't work anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Yeah the issue is the image hosting sites, not us. They want you to use the links they provide because it includes their branding. What you're doing above is attempting to paste a link between the [img] tags which doesn't actually contain an image (hint: the URL should end in .jpg or .png or .gif etc). You can usually still access the actual image URL from most hosting sites though, it's just that it's intentionally made less convenient.

Use imgbb.

Piece of fuckin piss..
I second that. Fccombustion, a global vaporizer review forum, imgur was always the way to go, but they suddenly pulled their services from Fc because there is a classified's section for recycling unwanted vaporizers between members.

Thoudands of photos over the years are now no longer viewable.

I switchef to imgbb. Dead easy, and none of that corporate control shit either.

I know but I still can't post images no matter which host I use. Here watch this, it's the same picture uploaded to imgbb:
you need the address of the actual image. most browsers will give you that is you right-click the image:

copyimageaddress.png

if you can't find an image host that tries to force you to use their branding, just get a website and host your own images? you can get a website from bluehost - including the domain - for less than $5 per month.

alasdair

@alasdairm
Thanks for the info! Imgbb will do it for now, even though they still put their brand into the image url (understandable since it's free), but at least they allow me to copy the address of the image and then I can remove the [ url][/url] manually.
For some reason I couldn't do that from the imgur app, but it's alright I'll use imgbb.

For the imgur app, I know from my Galaxy S10, I have to click the picture from the actual post to get the .jpg address. If I try to click Share, Copy URL from clicking the picture the first time (which really only opens the post), that won't work at all and I'd get the same exact error message as you recieved.

Hey mate, all images need to be hosted on a third party service like Imgur now. We disabled direct uploads back in February due to excessive database growth.

This was an EXTREMELY sad day..

R.I.P direct Image uploads 😥 I am so sorry the nasty Admins and TLB got rid of you like you wernt worth anything 😓🤧💖

• Haha
Reactions: CFC