• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe still a bit sick after taking subutex

e92

Bluelighter
took around 2mg of subutex 22 hours after my last dose (i swallowed it, it was in pill form not the strip so i thought you swallow it). i was on a 1 month heroin binge. after i took the subutex i passed out for around 3-4 hours and i woke up feeling good. no withdrawals. but as a few hours went on, as i woke up, got up, walked around, i began feeling sick.

i am DEFINITELY not in full blown withdrawals. i dont really have any cravings at all. i just feel very weak and very tired right now. help?

How long has it been after you took the sub?

What was your tolerance like?

It is natural that you will feel weak and tired as that is part of withdrawals. I would suggest that you use as little subutex as possible - no need to drag out withdrawals from a month long binge. You are better off with a quick taper, like two or three days of sub use then quit.

Loperamide, DXM, clonidine and benzos (sparingly) can also be used to help you feel more comfortable. This is to name just a few.

How long has it been after you took the sub?

What was your tolerance like?

It is natural that you will feel weak and tired as that is part of withdrawals. I would suggest that you use as little subutex as possible - no need to drag out withdrawals from a month long binge. You are better off with a quick taper, like two or three days of sub use then quit.

Loperamide, DXM, clonidine and benzos (sparingly) can also be used to help you feel more comfortable. This is to name just a few.
3 bags a day split up into 6-8 doses, throughout the day. so like i'd do half a bag to 1 bag right when i wake up, shower eat get ready for work, then do half a bag before i left the house. 8-9 hours later when i got home from work i'd do a bag. go to the gym, eat, shower, then do a total of a bag before i went to sleep.

in my country, the bags are really fat and really strong. i've always been able to quit cold turkey, but thats when my habit was a once a day thing. like i'd go out with friends at night and do a few bags. my addiction was NEVER an all day thing like it is now which is why it's so hard for me to quit; because its no long just an addiction its habitual.

but yeah that was my initial plan, to take as little sub as possible while still have my body detoxing to some degree. the main goal is to get my mind (not my body) used to not be doing lines or heroin all day.

you barely absorbed any bupe because you swallowed the pill.
these need to be dissolved under the tongue. buprenorphine is destroyed in your stomach.

^This. Apart from possible precipitated WDs (I hope you are aware of them) I guess the lack of Buprenorphine that got actually absorbed was the reason you did not get the normal relief from it.
If sublingualled or even snorted it should hold you for at least 24 hours.

I also recommend to do a fast taper with the subs. Like 2mg sublingual the first day, 1,5mg the second, 1mg the 3rd, 0,5 the 4th and then quit.
I can strongly recommend Gabapentin or Lyrica as withdrawl helpers. They help a lot, but only use them sparingly. Same with Benzos.

Good luck and better lay off the dope completely after that. It will only get worse if you continue.

Z

Bupe is only a few times less strong orally than sublingually (1/3 - 5/12 as strong)... If you factor in the fact that the tablets don't perfectly absorb sublingually and so the sublingual bioavailability figure is misleading representation of what actually gets absorbed for a given dosage, oral administration is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of just under 50% as strong as sublingual tablet administration for a given dosage, or about 25-30% as strong as an insuffulated dose. 1mg sublingually or 0.5mg insuffulated is still a decent size dose of bupe. The upset stomach could just be caused by the bupe. Back towards the end of my opiate usage, I didn't have much of a tolerance to opiates (occasional FST / bupe usage basically), but 1/6 of 1mg (0.167 mg) insuffulated was sometimes enough to give me an upset stomach.