• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Stephen Kings Dark Tower Epic

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
So this series started in 1977, I think i'm correct that is when he started writing it, but I may be off by a year or two, and it’s final volume was published in 2004.

This thread is for anything Dark Tower!

I have either read or listened to this massive master series 3 times and every time I do I see so much more.

This time I see that Castle Discordia

It represents Steven Kings mind. The doors go from his when’s and where’s and the when’s and where’s from the brilliant creations of his career.

Last edited:
First book was good, second book was even better and was the peak of the series, every book after that continued a long downhill trajectory until it was basically unreadable imo

Also, kind of a tangent, but the Dark Tower movie was one of the biggest steaming pieces of shit I've ever had the misfortune of partially watching

I didn't even know they made the movie.. just found out about it tonight. nahh Wizard and Glass was best aside from Door's imho.. but yes, YOU SAY TRUE AND I THANK YOU.. I agree Door's was the best.. but Wolf's was sick as well? idk the whole thing is epic.. ?

Last edited:
Not sure if spoilers are okay....but,l I feel like I'm the only person who actually LIKED how it ended? I really liked it.

Anyone read The Little Sisters of Eluria? I'm reading Everything's Eventual right now and skipped it (it's a novella in the collection) as I didn't really see the point after having finished the series and I couldn't even finish the 9th one he published after the series ended - I think it was called The WInd Through the Keyhole? It was literally in inception of uninteresting stories.

I listened to The Wind Though the Keyhole I agree it was not on the level of the other books.