• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

staying up all night to regulate sleeping schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works man, I used to do it all the time. The key is just picking a time you want to get up and go to sleep and stick with it everyday. Otherwise after trying to fix it the way you are, you'll start staying up till the same later time again(24 hours) and it'll probably make you even lose more sleep if you have school or a job or something. I've tried fixing my sleep schedule so many times, I usually stay up hours longer than the average person but also sleep longer, like my days are longer but the planet cycle stays on track. Makes work kind of a pain but I'm just used to it now.

I'm going to have to do this before I go back to school. I've been finding it impossible to wake up before noon, and usually much later.

this "reset" works for me a lot.
i usually just watch a lot of cartoons or be on the net to keep myself from sleeping.
i assure you, by 9or 10pm, you're eye bags will be sagging, floor-level.
You'd surely be sleeping in seconds. :)

this "reset" works for me a lot.
i usually just watch a lot of cartoons or be on the net to keep myself from sleeping.
i assure you, by 9or 10pm, you're eye bags will be sagging, floor-level.
You'd surely be sleeping in seconds. :)

Yeah, I sat in the most uncomfortable chair possible and watched 2 long movies... At 6pm the next day I sat on the couch for like 15 minutes and passed out =D

Went to bed at 11 last night, and woke up at 7 again today. I think 11-7 is a pretty healthy sleep cycle. %)

I'm doing this tonight. I've been sleeping alarming amounts of time lately. The night before last I slept for 14 hours. I need a healthier schedule. It's hard to stay up when you don't really have anything important to do. I've been alternating between reading and playing videogames.

Thinking about doing this at the moment, been relying on sleep-aids to sleep lately and want to stop, pretty tired but still fairly mentally alert. Its 3am here...considering pulling an all-nighter but not sure..

god i hate it too like if i had a job or worked out more mabey i could stay regulated better but i find myself staying up two hours more than i did the previous night and slowly working my way around the clock it sucks so badd it takes alot out of me and ontop of that i wont eat for a day or so i get hot sweats all day cause im stressed its like the part of my brain that regulates sleep ,temp,apitight,mood is off duty

You CAN do that, if you wish. But a better solution might just have been to fall asleep at your usual time (2am or 3am) and then wake up at your normally desired time (7am).

The key to this is staying within an hour or two of your normal sleep/wake times.

As far as what to do when you can't fall asleep, don't watch TV. It may seem relaxing, but your brain actually finds it somewhat stimulating. Instead, read a book. You'll get tired soon enough.

The books in my house are much more stimulating than the crap that's on tv 8)

I've tried to stay up all night to regulate my sleep so many times. It never works.

I don't know why, but no matter what I do, I end up sleeping from between 6-8am and waking up between 2-4pm. Always. Trying to change this has only resulted in stress and feeling annoyed at myself. After awhile I just gave into it and figured my body likes that schedule for a reason.

I haven't been able to fall asleep until 2 am for the past month... I'm thinking about staying up all night tonight/tomorrow, then falling asleep at like 10pm, waking up at 7am, then repeating the next night.

Does this actually work?

I would take melatonin to aid sleeping, but every time I take it I sleep really poorly (can't fall asleep, restlessness, waking up during the night, etc...)
it works 4 me but you gotta force yourself asleep for several nights and you wont get good sleep

2am? im gonna dicksize. i go up to 4am, 8am, 12pm, sometimes well into the next day, though i usually cant make it until sleeptime next nite

ahhhhhh my klonopin script aint ready. ran out 6 whole days early (very whole days, as it is mixed with pot/tagamet/POPPY withdrawals too)

but yeah i know what you mean about the sleep issues, even if i am normal and on all drugs, i take a sleep aide, and i still wanna stay up! all my energy and mood and such come at night

edit: typo

Last edited:
I have this problem...sleep cycle is so fucked up. I work nights and get home between 5am-8am then I'll sleep throughout the day. Since those are the hours I work there's not much else I can do.

I usually pull an all nighter about once a month to re-regulate my sleep schedule.

I haven't been able to fall asleep until 2 am for the past month... I'm thinking about staying up all night tonight/tomorrow, then falling asleep at like 10pm, waking up at 7am, then repeating the next night.

Does this actually work?

I would take melatonin to aid sleeping, but every time I take it I sleep really poorly (can't fall asleep, restlessness, waking up during the night, etc...)

So you still drink eh?

Keep an eye on your sleeping patterns for the days following a drink.
Alcohol is a sedative, usually people fall asleep while drunk no problem.
But when they sober up, what goes up must come down (in this case it's more of the converse) and once the sedative effects of alcohol wear off, your brain is less "calm" and more hyper, hence insomnia. If you do notice that alcohol does affect your sleeping, you might want to stop drinking, or slow it down even further. If alcohol has no effect then pay this message no mind.

I SERIOUSLY need to regulate my sleeping patterns and in the next couple weeks or I'm fucked.

I've gotten into a weird sleeping pattern. I go to bed between 5 or 6 AM and I sleep for three hours or so-- have to be out of my apartment and off to work/school by ten most days.

My job schedule is going to change drastically this summer and I need to get back on a more normal sleeping pattern (going to bed in the 2 am range...) I'm a meth user so obviously my sleep is sort of hopeless and fucked but I take seroquel for the naps... how do I get myself back on the 2 am pattern? I started because I had so much homework this semester but now I feel like I'm programmed to stay up that late...

Status
Not open for further replies.