• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stay at home mommy - alleviating Norco withdrawal

I guess every time I start feeling bD again I should take the Loperamide and Lyrica? Save the trazadone or klonopin or Restoril for night time?

Yes. It's my first time.i always believed my doctors who said as long as I was hurting and took it for just pain I wouldn't have withdrawals. Are they stupid, ignorant or just liars?

I think its a combination of all three unfortunately 😫

It's 9pm now and my arms and legs are jerky here and there. I'm restless and nose a little stuffy. Eyes a little watery. Don't have an appetite since yesterday. Not anxious though. I think it's time to try 200mg of Lyrica and another klonopin. I'll see in a ouple hours how that goes.

Also, negrogesic, thanks for keeping the convo going. It's helps to take my mind off the withdrawals and keeps me from feeling alone and isolated. Thanks.

Spoke with my 1st cousin who's a practicing Physician... she said base on the information supplied my dizziness is the of my self -imposed taper down.
She also told me it was not smart and I was, "practicing without a license!"
"There are various programs to taper off via your Dr....outside of inpatient detox treatment", she also yapped! :rolleyes:
The receptors act goofy when you disrupt dosage....
Oh, well
In the meantime a Veteran bud of mine just called and has 30 10mg Roxys!!!8(

Is seeking medical intervention an option?
What do you mean? My psychologist prescribed Clonidine and said I should be good in another 5 to 6 days. As far as an in patient facility... Nope. I don't want to do the bupe, etc because my doctor doesn't think my Norco dosage was high enough for that route. I just want to cold turkey and NEVER look at an opiate again.

I took the Lyrica and another. 5 mg of klonopin around 8ish. The watery eyes and stuffy nose are better. No more jerky arms and legs. Anxiety is at a zero but still slightly fidgity.

What do you mean? My psychologist prescribed Clonidine and said I should be good in another 5 to 6 days. As far as an in patient facility... Nope. I don't want to do the bupe, etc because my doctor doesn't think my Norco dosage was high enough for that route. I just want to cold turkey and NEVER look at an opiate again.
Gotcha.

I think you are the right path. Avoid more opioids as you'll be stuck in that situation; being at the mercy of those who prescribe, dispense, or sell it. In that regard I recommended against kratom unless absolutely necessary as it can serve as a replacement. I'd first recommend the protocol I suggested. You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel in a week.

Unless you have pretty severe chronic pain I'd recommend against 24/7 opioids. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

I think you are the right path. Avoid more opioids as you'll be stuck in that situation; being at the mercy of those who prescribe, dispense, or sell it. In that regard I recommended against kratom unless absolutely necessary as it can serve as a replacement. I'd first recommend the protocol I suggested. You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel in a week.

Unless you have pretty severe chronic pain I'd recommend against 24/7 opioids. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.
I agree. It may be a blessing in disguise. My pain was from surgeries, particularly my 2 back fusions. Those were painful and tough recoveries. But you know what. I woke up this morning with no back pain for the first time. I'm a little fuzzy from the gabapentin but doing okay. I didn't like the Lyrica. I also Tok another dose of the Loperamide. We' see how things go today. I'm out of klonopin today so I'll try ativan. I can't get my Clonidine prescription until Monday. Hopefully by then I won't need it.

Today will soon be going on day 3.i don't feel as (dopesick?) and fuzzy/drunk from the gaba and klonopin yesterday. Today I think I'll just try the Loperamide and klonopin and see how it goes. No more watery eyes and constant yawning thank goodness. My back pain seems to be getting better and better each day. Of course I just had a hysterectomy so that pain is still there but normal.

Once the yawning and watery eyes end it generally starts getting better pretty rapidly. Its good to be off that stuff if you don't absolutely need to be (especially all that pill counting BS they were putting you through).

Once the yawning and watery eyes end it generally starts getting better pretty rapidly. Its good to be off that stuff if you don't absolutely need to be (especially all that pill counting BS they were putting you through).
Yes. The yawning, stuffy nose and watery eyes are gone. Not as fidgity anymore either. No more night sweats or sweats during the day in general. I was actually able to go out to the store for a little. Still not much of an appetite though.
I tried 2mg of Ativan late this evening around 8 and it may have been too strong. I just woke up at 2:30 AM. Now I guess I'll be up the rest of the night.... Or should I say morning. Timing and dosing is crucial. I need to get a regular schedule.
I couldn't buy any of the Loperamide pills. They're all sold out at every store where I live or come in those small 12 count boxes.

Went in for a random pill count and failed.

Could you expand on this a little? What do you mean by that? Did you count the pills yourself and found out you took a few too many, or did the pharmacy call you and demand you show up with your pills and have them counted? That seems overly draconian to me, perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. I couldn't imagine a call from the pharmacy where they demand I have my medication counted. What the fuck. What country is this?

Could you expand on this a little? What do you mean by that? Did you count the pills yourself and found out you took a few too many, or did the pharmacy call you and demand you show up with your pills and have them counted? That seems overly draconian to me, perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. I couldn't imagine a call from the pharmacy where they demand I have my medication counted. What the fuck. What country is this?
No pharmacy. I was in a pain medicine clinic. They called me and said come in tomorrow for a pill count. They actually dumped the pills out like a pharmacist would and counted each pill one by one. They knew how many I should have that day if I followed the instructions. But I took an extra pill over the course of a few days and came up 4 pills short. Pain management considers that non compliant, a breach of contract and grounds for dismissal. They also do mouth swabs and urine tests too.

I woke up this morning feeling much better. No more watery eyes, stuffy nose, crampy stomach, etc.

I think I have a baseline on my "actual" pain too. My back doesn't hurt as bad as when it would when getting close to another dose of Norco.

I still can't get to a comfortable level with just arthritis strength Tylenol and muscle relaxers though. And because I'm on Coumadin and have a clotting disorder I can't take NSAIDS or Ibuprophen. Doc said my choices are Tylenol, opiates or ice packs😕

That's interesting, I have never heard of something like this happening, but then again, I've never been a client at a pain clinic. That seems overly harsh to me, I guess if that's the contract you're agreeing to, then that's it I guess. What's the proper course of action to take when your prescribed amount of medication doesn't do the trick for you? Can you just call it in and get it changed? That whole practice seems like a joke to me. Hand someone an amount of pills that work for pain, and then hold a sword over their head and cut them down when they take enough to deal with their actual pain. Well, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better though.

That's interesting, I have never heard of something like this happening, but then again, I've never been a client at a pain clinic. That seems overly harsh to me, I guess if that's the contract you're agreeing to, then that's it I guess. What's the proper course of action to take when your prescribed amount of medication doesn't do the trick for you? Can you just call it in and get it changed? That whole practice seems like a joke to me. Hand someone an amount of pills that work for pain, and then hold a sword over their head and cut them down when they take enough to deal with their actual pain. Well, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better though.
Yeah, it really is a racket. You can't receive pain meds, muscle relaxers or benzos from any other doctors, you're subject to random pill counts and urine tests. If you miss too many scheduled appointments it's grounds for termination. If you are more than 2 pills under or over the count on a day you get called in its a breach of contract. It's a pretty lengthy contract with very specific rules to follow. If there are days where you feel better than usual... You still have to take the pain meds and if there are days where you need extra you are supposed to call and ask for permission first...which is no good if it happens to be a weekend.
If the urine tests shows too much or too little of your meds in your system it's also grounds for dismissal.
But, I'm feeling really good today and no cravings yet so getting kicked out really was a blessing in disguise.

If you are more than 2 pills under or over the count on a day you get called in its a breach of contract. It's a pretty lengthy contract with very specific rules to follow. If there are days where you feel better than usual... You still have to take the pain meds and if there are days where you need extra you are supposed to call and ask for permission first...which is no good if it happens to be a weekend.
If the urine tests shows too much or too little of your meds in your system it's also grounds for dismissal.

How would they even find out? Let's say instead of taking 4 a day like I'm supposed to, I take 2 a day for two days and now have 4 extra pills. When they ask me to come in for a count, I just leave those 4 pills at home. Surely any sort of drug test won't pick up on this, as the level of metabolites in your body would fluctuate wildly, no?