• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

State May Make Hallucinogen Illegal

fuck anderson cooper too. he just did some bullshit article that said the same things about how bad it is and how kids are jumping out windows because they think they can fly and blah blah blah, ending the segment with- and there's been no scientific study about the drug. yeah, maybe they should have been better parents. i wanted to kill myself because life sucked, not because i did drugs.

what a lame ass propoganda laced piece of shit, i hate this country and it's stupid government, and the close-minded motherfuckers who don't learn anything, they just block everything out in the pursuit of gaining more power for their own agenda by jumping on the anti-drug/anti-knowledge bandwagon. good luck in hell you freedom hating warmongers.

/rant

Seriously though, wtf.

"It breaks my heart that I need to have a law like that named after my son," she said. "I don't think Brett would want to be known for a law like that, but I think of it as an honor."

I find that highly amusing. Cold I know, but still funny.

Here is a link to the video from www.cnn.com's front page, published april 13th by CNN's Gary Tuchman, on "Anderson Cooper 360"

www.cnn.com
javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2006/04/13/tuchman.mystery.hallucinogen.cnn','2006/04/20');

It is titled "Herbal hallucinogen is legal, but some call it lethal"

I'm betting salvia'll be completely illegal within a few months

They say his suicide note (which they read in the video) made them think he was still using salvia. Listen to her reading the note and decide for yourself.

Anything would have caused him to do that. I'm sick of parents blaming a single fucking drug for something that happened in there life. Alcohol I believe is the biggest suicide drug available, but when someone dies of suicide by , everyone just ads it as a sitistic. " think about it" Colllege is a huge reason to commit suicide. It would never be heard when it happens though. Everyones looking for an escape out!

patte4dm said:
Anything would have caused him to do that. I'm sick of parents blaming a single fucking drug for something that happened in there life.
Alcohol I believe is the biggest suicide drug available, but when someone dies of it by suicide everyone just ads it as a sitistic. " think about it" Colllege is a huge reason to commit suicide.It would never be heard of when it happens though. Everyones looking for an escape out![/QUOT

I have done salvia and i did feel like what he described. I understand where hes coming from, and do believe it led to his death, for sure.

He probably was a little depressed already and then smoked salvia and got that weird vision, so salvia kinda put that "cherry on top" and fucked him over..

I also do believe salvia is more potent/as potent as LSD, easily...

those who oppose an outright ban on salvia ought encourage their legislators to ban it for those under 18 before we have any more incidents like this..

BAN ALL penis

^^lol i dont remember posting that, I guess thats what happens when u take valium.....

Last edited:
Why do parents always have to find something or somebody to blame when their kid commits sucide? They never stop for a second to think..maybe we did something wrong. And now these douchebag parents are trying to blame and criminalize a fuckin plant.....fucking pathetic.

meh, this will not effect much, even if it becomes illegal i will still buy it online from people who grow it. no bigie.

This whole thing is a joke. So if I get drunk one night and realize my life isn't worth living, my country will ban alcohol for me? This is an insult to all intelligent people around the world, and to the people who use Salvia Divinorum traiditionally or for meditation. It was praised for bringing visions of the virgin Mary and helping people cure disease and find lost objects. But now because our youth are lost and just want to get high, we have to ban anything they might abuse. We should ban cars because people have killed themselves with cars. Or what about meditation? Someone might have an epiphany and realize their life is insignificant and take their life. We should ban sleeping too because people hallucinate in their dreams, similar to Salvia Divinorum hallucinations.
Anyway, how will cops tell what kind of Salvia you're growing if there are over 1000 different varieties?
www.jordanadivinorum.com

I recently saw on my local news (southern ohio) that Ohio is planning on banning salvia. The news segment informed us (incorrectly) that salvia is identical to LSD in terms of effects, and that it lasts an hour. Ridiculous.

The decision on banning a substance is based on 100% politics, and 0% facts.
In Germany (and probably other parts of europe as well), Salvia is going to become illegal within the next month or so as well- BtmG Anlage 1, the highest schedule, the same as heroin (and LSD).
The council on narcotics is currently debating, but there is no doubt that it will become illegal.

theres no point making salvia illegal, no abuse potential its like makign nutmeg illegal because makes u feel shitty.