• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe starting treatment and counseling on Monday

KillSurfCity

Bluelighter
well, friends. i may as well tell you my story as i am going to be in-patient for a while but i figured i would check in with the BL homies to let you all know what's going on with me since i kind of just dropped off the face of the bbs.

my latest opiate binge (2 years total up to the present) was and is a real go-get-her. started out taking roxy 30's three times a day as i was getting extreamely cheap OC IR 30mg (think hydrocodone 10mg prices). i was first seeking the pills because of my scoliosisn pain, which is often excruciating. i do hair for a living and i have to stand for hours at a time in lots of weird positions. stylists are also notorious for using Oxy, in general, i've noticed.
that connect dried up (i actually think he just stopped getting them for me because he is a friend and was worried about me). i found another connect for CHEAP OP 80's [think old school roxy prices]. i was very disappointed in them at first because i hadn't been an addict since before they were re-formulated. i quickly learned that cutting them up with a small pair of scissors into maybe 50 little tiny pieces made them work pretty well. i got up to three of those a day and was spending ALL of my money.
next came H. didn't think i would ever get back in to it but i sure did. it was the price that allured me. and the availability on the eastside of OKC. reaaally good tar. it was always the kind that has chunks of what i guessed was probably the refined heroin within. i did about 1.5 smalls per day for the last 5 months until last weekend, where i switched back down to only oxy 30mg IR twice a day.
i took some AMAZING molly last weekend. as good as some of the REAL shit i used to get in the 90's. i rolled very hard and by myself. i got inside of my head and decided to confront my current opiate addiction. i used the MDMA for this, which smashed that "you're weak. you're a loser. and you will never get better." barricade. (thanks, adam)
while my roll was coming off, i made a phone call to see a suboxone doctor, after asking a few friends for recommendations.
it's all fun and games when i would go to a party in Highschool, take tow hydro 10's smoke a few bowls with my friends, and drink some beers. it's totally different when you are packed in to a car with 5 other people, all reeking of heroin due to sweating (so gross) and a prostitute riding shotgun so i can drop her off to get her dope money. (i wasn't turning her out. she was turning herself out). often, in these situations, i would wonder: "what the hell am i even doing right now?'
that's a bit of my story. very excited to get on my bupe. ready to have my life and my MONEY back.
thanks for reading and for your support. i'll still be around on the boards!

Good luck!! You sound like you got this covered!!!
appreciate it! i'm getting married in a year and i had originally made it a goal to quit by THEN but my ashlee wants to have a pretty awesome wedding and i needed to stop making excuses. thanks for the support! :)

Good luck as well.

I guess I got to get some REAL MDMA.
Bupe is a great drug IMO. I've been on both forms of Opiate Replacement Therapy available in the United States, Buprenorphine and Methadone (currently on Methadone), and after constantly debating in my mind which drug worked best for me, I would say Suboxone (at least for maintenance. For detox, Methadone hands down). Try to do as much research on Suboxone/Buprenorphine as you can, so you can be an informed patient that doesn't end up like other misfortunates who take Suboxone doctors' words as "truth", and wind up on 32mg/day. Learn about how buprenorphine builds up in your system, it's cieling effect, an what being a 'partial agonist' means. Some doctors find it snobby if you question them, but this is your life, and while Buprenorphine (and methadone) can be life savers, if they're prescribed at absurdly high dosages, you'll find yourself kicking just as hard somewhere down the line when you decide to get off.

My advice would be:
  • Never dose higher than 8mg.
  • Dose twice a day (4mg in the morning, and 4mg in the evening). This is important because it is very helpful when you decide to start lowering your dose.
  • take your medication as it is prescribed. If you don't have insurance to cover the medication and need to take buprenorphine through a stronger ROA, plug it, don't sniff or shoot it. For those that do use those ROA (I did once upon a time), I don't mean to insult you or say your less sober, but for me, and for most people I know who have at one time or another injected their suboxone, it has led to a relapse on full agonists. That's not always the case (Captain Heroin is a good example of someone who seems to have done better on IV/IM buprenorphine-micron filtered solutions btw.), but its not a risk worth taking. Especially when Buprenorphine isn't the type of opioid that gives you a brain exploding rush.

When I kicked recently, my habit was a little smaller than what you ended up at (60mg ir oxy, if I read it correctly) and one mg of bupe was enough to hold me. I did a quick 7 day taper that was almost painless. The paws sucks, and I have eaten a pills a few times since then, but I'm keeping things in check much better now. It may have been better if i stayed on longer, but i had one 8mg strip for two of us to kick with, so it is what it is. Don't let em give you more bupe than you need, though. One mg actually had me high the first two days.

^Right. That's kind of what I was trying to say in my amphetamine induced wall of china (see above). Buprenorphine, partial agonist and all, is still a strong fucking opiate, and if you take Buprenorphine after kicking even a mild Heroin habit, you can actually get incredibly stoned off very small dosages. The best way to go is to take one or two milligrams at a time (once you have started to withdrawal). Wait about 45 minutes before redosing (as that's how long it can take the drug to take effect), and then judge whether you think you need more, or whether that dose has you feeling comfortable or more.

I've seen people who had been taking 10 Hydrocodone tablets a day get presribed 16mg of Suboxone...Insane.

Good luck as well.

I guess I got to get some REAL MDMA.
Bupe is a great drug IMO. I've been on both forms of Opiate Replacement Therapy available in the United States, Buprenorphine and Methadone (currently on Methadone), and after constantly debating in my mind which drug worked best for me, I would say Suboxone (at least for maintenance. For detox, Methadone hands down). Try to do as much research on Suboxone/Buprenorphine as you can, so you can be an informed patient that doesn't end up like other misfortunates who take Suboxone doctors' words as "truth", and wind up on 32mg/day. Learn about how buprenorphine builds up in your system, it's cieling effect, an what being a 'partial agonist' means. Some doctors find it snobby if you question them, but this is your life, and while Buprenorphine (and methadone) can be life savers, if they're prescribed at absurdly high dosages, you'll find yourself kicking just as hard somewhere down the line when you decide to get off.

My advice would be:
  • Never dose higher than 8mg.
  • Dose twice a day (4mg in the morning, and 4mg in the evening). This is important because it is very helpful when you decide to start lowering your dose.
  • take your medication as it is prescribed. If you don't have insurance to cover the medication and need to take buprenorphine through a stronger ROA, plug it, don't sniff or shoot it. For those that do use those ROA (I did once upon a time), I don't mean to insult you or say your less sober, but for me, and for most people I know who have at one time or another injected their suboxone, it has led to a relapse on full agonists. That's not always the case (Captain Heroin is a good example of someone who seems to have done better on IV/IM buprenorphine-micron filtered solutions btw.), but its not a risk worth taking. Especially when Buprenorphine isn't the type of opioid that gives you a brain exploding rush.

your dosing regimen is actually what my doc started me on today. the 8mg bupe subs. i did one quarter tonight. i do one in the morning. tomorrow evening i take half a strip (4mg) and i continue 4mg twice daily until he starts weening me off. i think i got this. :) feeling fine now. also...as my OWN form of beginning detox. i dosed three hits of some very good blotter as soon as opiate WD started but before it was too soon to take suboxone. this really helped put things in perspective. i was really able to see the whole deal with new eyes, though. coming down off the acid and i've had the bupe in my system (that first quarter dose) for about 4 hours and feel OKAY. slight WD. also coming off the acid but that is always an easy come down for me.

i DO know that bupe is over prescribed (doseage wise) btw. the whole reason i got hooked on opiates is because i do hair and i have scoliosis. and the bupe has definite good pain killing qualities. euphoria isn't there much if at all. may equiv. to three narco 10's. i'm really ready to just be done with all of it.

Last edited:
Hey yall! just wanted to see how everyone was holding up around these parts, honestly. i have not touched a god damn hypo since i got off H. 2 years ago (minus one ketamine IM) and i haven't touched bupe since almost 1 year ago. i have taken 30 mg hydro a few times. once back in january and once about 3 weeks ago. i consider these relapses to a degree except i didn't feel a desire to take more when they effects wore off. maybe i can use hydros and oxy's now and then? probably an awful idea but it worked those two times with no ill effect. i remember when that dose wouldn't even DENT WD....that was probably playing with fire but i haven't had any cravings for more and i got high as bawlz both times, yet still not as high as a hydro 10 did to me the first time i ever took an opiate, for some reason). haha. mostly been fucking with mushrooms and cid maybe once every three weeks like i used to back in the day. been working on quitting drinking. been an alcoholic for about 12 years and it finally started taking it's toll (as in...it landed me in jail) last november so i'm a "Friend of Bill" now. had to taper off the shit for weeks due to D.T.'s. let me know how yall are and if any of you even remember my junkie ass! (ps - not here to judge or preach. i still like to trip balls. my HIGHER POWER (lol) was found long ago in psychedelics and will stay that way. matter o fact, took some ridiculous WoW paper a friend brought back from bonnaroo and had a fuckin fit in the best way just this passed tuesday. how are you people? i need to start posting again. at least for HR reasons.

Last edited: