• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Ambulatory Detox (Day 1) in an extensive suboxone program

valiumnocturne

Greenlighter
Hello blulighters, I'm not completely new to the site, I recently have gone clean from 11 years of heavy methadone use (between 80-100mg a day); I am not completely sure where to post this, so here we go. I got enrolled in an outpatient suboxone treatment program. The initial appointment is tomorrow morning, which is labelled as "Ambulatory detox, day 1 of 3."

I have a few questions that I cannot seem to find information about anywhere else online.

During my first appointment, I took a battery of urine tests, and the person doing the assessment said that I failed for methadone (although I had not taken a single dose in over 2 months), as well as tricyclic antidepressants (from the benadryl I had been taking to counter the sleeplessness), so they schedule the day 1 detox for a month away from that date, which is tomorrow. I haven't taken any more methadone at all, and I got a prescription for amitriptyline by my GP, and it's the only thing I have been taking.

I have managed (barely) to stay off the opiates (I have been taking small 2mg doses of suboxone in pill form almost every day for a month), I willingly enrolled in this program because I am struggling with living/STAYING clean, as I have various issues with my health that cause various levels of stress and pain, daily.

My main question is this: what can I expect to happen during this appointment tomorrow? I was informed not to drive, as I'd be given my first dose of suboxone (which I have taken before) and that I'd have to remain in the clinic for 8 hours for observation.

I have never been through this process before, so I welcome any info from anyone who can offer some insight into the process and what I can expect.

Thanks

Imho by taking 2mg of suboxone for two months and not even every day you don't need ambulatory detox for anything but should instead enroll for rehab instead.

Ambulatory detox is used as a first aid for going clear and after that you are offered (or atleast should be) out patient rehab which lasts a lot longer than three days.

Anyway don't skip that as you will get appointed for that supporting rehab consisting of different therapy forms and socioeconomic counseling if you want. Also there is a posibility of maintenance therapy after ambulatory detox if you don't feel like staying clear after that three days.