• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Started on bupe, severely depressed

zebedee79

Bluelighter
Ok, I've been addicted to opiates for 6 or 7 years, been using heroin for the past 18 months. I started on suboxone a few days a go, I'm currently on 8mg. I was hoping by now to feel so of sort of well being and happiness, but no I feel totally depressed. I'm in work almost in tears, it's fucking embarrassing. I guess it takes a while to adjust, but how long? The thought of just using is getting stronger by the minute, I really need to get a grip on this depression.

give the medication some time to work, you only started a few days ago. Is your dose keeping the withdrawals away? Depression goes with the kick usually.

Physical withdrawals are fine, it's just mentally I'm struggling. I know I gotta sucks it up, and I'm glad for the lack of physical symptoms. I wish I'd done this sooner when I could have had time off work, but my fucked up junky brain insisted I used for long as possible, I just kept putting off quitting. Cheers for the reply, I appreciate it.

you'll feel better as time passes....you're doing a good job; keep up the good work :D

I know the days probably seem pretty long in your currently depressed mental state, but the unfortunate thing is that it will take time to regain your ability to feel pleasure and contentment at a normal level. It will take a little while for the Buprenorphine to reach stable levels in your body; at least five days and maybe longer. You should wait and see how you feel once you have reached this stage.

Thanks for the replys. After years of abuse I guess it's obvious I wouldn't be able to just walk of smiling into the sunset as soon as I decide to quit. I just gotta keep telling myself at least it beats the crap out of cold turkey (my last attempt was a real fucking mess).

Cheers

Search the forum for info on ''post acute withdrawal symtoms''; the suboxone will take away your w/d, but PAWS is something you're going to go through... there's a wealth of info on bluelight about this subject.

Yeah I know I'm doing the right thing and it will get better. I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to help myself though. Everything's a fucking chore. Fucking PAWS doesn't mix well with a job I need to be able to concentrate on. Just gotta keep telling myself, without the subs I'd be worse off, probably be puking and shitting at the same time, trying to decide which one to do on the floor. How the fuck did I end up like this?

If you weren't on subs the feelings you have now would last way longer then they will now. As my buddy keif said give it a few days and once you stabilize your depression should pass. Also remember quitting drugs(especially smack) isn't just removing the substance it's a complete lifestyle change if you really want it to work for you. Try some step meetings and or maybe some counseling so you can in touch as to why you were strung out for so long to begin with. If you think the subs are a magic fix it all pill you will be disappointed. You need to fill your days with constructive activities like working out is great because it helps your body and brain heal faster because of the natural release of many of the chemicals in your brain that heroin was releasing(specifically dopamine). Also exercise will elevate your mood and keep your mind off losing your best friend(the dope).
Good luck man,it's a tough road but if you make it (which you can) I promise you at the end of your long life on your death bed you will never have regrets that you didn't do more dope!

Hi :), I've been on subs for two weeks now, I felt like you at the beginning, I'm on 10mg. It's hard at first because of the daily pick ups and the embarrassment of it all, plus the not being in control. I'm getting better tho and so will you, just think you're drug seeking days are over, no more looking for money for H or worrying where ur next opiate script is coming from, maybe go see your dr get something for ur mood? Do u have access to gabapentin? That helps me a little of an evening. Good luck lovely, here if u need a chat. Promise it gets better :)

Yeah I got gabapentin and pregabalin, but I'm saving it for weekends cos it fucks me up a bit too much In work. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, I did use last night but it did nothing for me. I think that was kind of a turning point, I don't need to be high all the time, even though I want to be I can manage without it. Thanks for all the replys, I can't talk to anyone in work about this shit (I work for the NHS, they'd have something to say about me being a dope head ) being on here helped a bit with the feelings of isolation. Cheers guys.

Yeah I got gabapentin and pregabalin, but I'm saving it for weekends cos it fucks me up a bit too much In work. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, I did use last night but it did nothing for me. I think that was kind of a turning point, I don't need to be high all the time, even though I want to be I can manage without it. Thanks for all the replys, I can't talk to anyone in work about this shit (I work for the NHS, they'd have something to say about me being a dope head ) being on here helped a bit with the feelings of isolation. Cheers guys.
Yeah it won't do a thing for you while ur on bupe, u would have to wait days even weeks to get the full opiate effect again, that's why I haven't bothered with opiates. It's hard isn't it as the bupe doesn't kill cravings, I'd love to be high right now. But I'm quite enjoying being sober too and not seeking scripts for pain meds. Hope you're still feeling good, keep going! I'm hoping to get my scripts changed from daily to weekly on Monday, but we will see, I still can't be trusted in their eyes!