View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

st johns wort ~30mg 4-ho-met turned into hypertensive crisis

heerutosen

Bluelighter
After being on ST johns wort i cut out al stimulants en serotogenic drugs since they are known to interact badly.

When googling the combination with psychedelics i didn't find anything negative. All positive reports where it gave an extra moodlift, so i decided to try it.

Not only was the trip enhanced, but i had a bp of 200 over 130 wich scared the crap out of me. Took every supplement i had to lower blood pressure and made sure to lie down and do breathing exercises. Once i would standup heart rate would skyrocket and id get light headed with a weird sensation in my head. Also my fingers and hands got real thick (holding water?) .

So the following 6 hours was constantly measuring BP en pissing as much as i could. Im a 100% okay now and luckily didn't have obvious symptoms like a severe headache. Hopefully it didn't mess up my hart or kidneys, but i feel fine atleast.

So for anyone who was thinking about combining the 2. DONT.

Because of it being a short acting maoi and ssri i chose to ride it out, but if i wouldve gotten any other symptoms or a fever etc it wouldve ment cops and ambulance busting in to my house.

Anybody know why this happend to me, while others purpose;y combine the 2?

Too bad about the severe pannick wich stopped me from enjoying the trip8)

If i can only stop one person from making the same mistake it was worth it. Cheers

You say in your post that you cut all serotogenics, did you not realize that 4-ho-met is serotogenic?

Have you eaten foods that contain appreciable amounts of tyramine with that?

You say in your post that you cut all serotogenics, did you not realize that 4-ho-met is serotogenic?

I meant releasers en reuptake inhibitors like MDMA,4FA, 6APB etc. I thought there wouldnt be any problems since tryptamines bind to the receptor via serotonin, but don´t release any.

Foolish mistake. That´s why i thought id post, because all the warnings are about empathogens

Have you eaten foods that contain appreciable amounts of tyramine with that?

Just a protein shake, but i´ve had more shakes and dairy on other days without any problems so the only thing left is the tryptamine

Don't know but possibly the tryptamine served as a competitive MAOI which made any tyramine more of a problem in addition to the tryptamine elevating blood pressure itself. There are blood pressure warnings but at the same time St John's wort's MAOI potential seems to be disputed.