• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SSRIs

Cantbe

Greenlighter
Psychiatric drugs have always left me in a worse place than before but I have extreme pressure to take an SSRI even though I’m going through insane withdrawals from an antipsychotic right now. I know the SSRI will leave me worse off but anyone had luck with any for anxiety?

Klonopin always worked best for me in the past. Nowadays, I take Visteral (sp) for anxiety, but it does nothing mentally, it's more for like physical anxiety, like chest tightness and stuff.
I just take it when needed. I'm also on Ablify and Effexor but they are more for depression.

Curious, have you ever tried Gabapentin?

Btw, I know none of the drugs I named off are SSRIs, I still felt the need to reply though.

Psychiatric drugs have always left me in a worse place than before but I have extreme pressure to take an SSRI even though I’m going through insane withdrawals from an antipsychotic right now. I know the SSRI will leave me worse off but anyone had luck with any for anxiety?
Zoloft (sertraline) was like a wave of instant relief for me. The honeymoon period was longer than I expected also. Didn't feel any need to increase my dosage for the first few months.
Anxiety was gone, overall outlook on life was vastly improved, the whole shabang.
The usual downsides were there, like loss of libido, a general feeling of subtle laziness, (it was harder to get to the gym, but not impossible) and insomnia. The thing about all of these side effects though, is that you just don't care. Like the insomnia was extreme, you know there's no way you're going to fall asleep, but instead of getting up and feeling like complete garbage as you normally would, you actually feel fine. Its really weird.

I've just begun taking Zoloft and boy it fucks me up. Insomnia, tiredness, depersonalisation.
And it stops my stimulants from working like they use to. I seriouly consider quitting it already,
I know my anxiety will increase if I do so, but I'll rather have anxiety than this.