• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ssri withdrawls?

^me to while on celexa. The WD from opiates is IMO horrible, if you have been on em a long time at a high dose. The longer acting ones eg Methadone are by far the worse and lasted for me - 3 months! The physical shit is nothing compared to how your mental state is; following the normal physical wd i was faced with depression, anxiety, hot/cold flashes, dysphoria, lack of motivation, then i would go through periods of hyperactivity. However, i didnt know that i had Attention Deficeit as i' d been on opiates for so long it only became apparant when i was clean. So the latter may have something to do with some of these symptoms.

Using Oxy for 4 days in a row is teetering on getting addicted. Some ppl can go for months of using opiates and not get addicted then one day its there, other 2 weeks. For me now after having been addicted using for 3 days is enough to bring it all back. You brain and its associated chemistry has a nasty way of remembering.

i'm going to try rolling saturday and i'll let you all know if it works or not.

I'm withdrawing from Paroxetine (Paxil for the Americans and Seroxat for the UK crew - dunno about others). I tapered off and have been clean for 1 week now. I was feeling a bit better last week, but am now going downhill. How long does it take for you to completely come off the drug?

i've now been off lexapro for 10 days now. the inner pulses have died down a lot, so that is good. i'm psyching myself up to have a good mdma experience tomorrow and hopefully i will.

Not to insult you but are you sure you are taking 40 mg/ day that is a bit high, the usual range is 10-30mg. And the mean terminal half life is 27-32 hrs. Also escitalopram (Lexapro) is a highly selective seretonin reuptake inhibitor. So those who stated that you wont role are probably right. After a week of taking it steady state plasma levels are reached so it takes a while for things to come back to normal. 9 % of people (taking 20mg/day)on Lexapro experienced the adverse side effect you described.

I have read some articals (correct me if I am wrong) that if you do roll and take an ssri just before you start to peak the ssri will act on the (5-HT1-7) receptors and will cause an extended peak/roll. Do not atempt this for I am not sure on this and it requires more research.

at 12:30 i plugged my first pill. at 1:30 i snorted the second. about 1:31 it hit me like BAM but only lasted for maybe 2 hours and then my roll completely stopped. by 5am my body was completely exhausted and i was craving the waterbed so i could sleep.

did my body roll? YES
did i roll like i usually do? no. it could have been the quality of the pills, or my brain may not have picked up enough seritonin released by the pills.

yes raverforlife, i was on 40mg a day. 20 mg when i wake up and 20 mg when i go to bed.