• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SSRI / Morning Glory (LSA) ? (and general Qs)

lithiumdream

Greenlighter
Hey there! I'm a big virgin to the drug scene in general, though I've referred to BL previously on acetaminophen dosages and such.

I've been looking into the psychedelic scene a little, and it seems like something I need to experience. In my current situation however (and being a newbie n' all), I don't think it would be too smart to dive in and throw down my cash just yet.
I'm currently on a generic antidepressant (I forget the exact name/type, may be an SSRI), and I was wondering if it was as dangerous mixing it and Morning Glory seeds as LSD?

Similarly:
- How exactly should I take the seeds? Should I just swallow a couple, chew them, or take them apart?
- Is it alright to try and sleep a couple hours into the trip?
- Are the trips as intense as LSD?
- Is there a hangover or long come-down of any kind the next day?
- Do Moonflower seeds of the same species (Ipomoea) have the same effects?

Either way, New member greets! `v`

Wow, I had morning glory seeds a million years ago. I remember it making my body feel sick and not really being worth it. I don't know if it's safe to mix with an SSRI, but I wouldn't risk it.

There are better things to experiment with.

Hopefully others have more feedback.

Heavy body load...those are the words I was trying to think of earlier. Morning glory seeds have a heavy body load which means the more you take, the more you'll feel like shit physically.

...and welcome! :)

I'm currently on a generic antidepressant (I forget the exact name/type, may be an SSRI), and I was wondering if it was as dangerous mixing it and Morning Glory seeds as LSD?

I don't think it is dangerous, but it very likely will diminish the effects. So I wouldn't do it.

- How exactly should I take the seeds? Should I just swallow a couple, chew them, or take them apart?

I would do at least a cold water extraction.

Here some standard advices in this post:

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/lsas-subthread-extraction-of-lsas.123944/page-16#post-14504008

- Is it alright to try and sleep a couple hours into the trip?

Nope, this will lead to instant death...(joke).

But what do you wanna hear? You can do whatever you like.

- Are the trips as intense as LSD?
If you got fresh seeds, then yes, it can be as intense.

- Is there a hangover or long come-down of any kind the next day?
IMHO similar to any other ergoline.

- Do Moonflower seeds of the same species (Ipomoea) have the same effects?

No. They additionally have some quite nasty stuff in them, so don't try them.

the more you take, the more you'll feel like shit physically.

Then you likely had old seeds. Try fresh seeds directly from the plant.

Last edited:
That's a great thread you linked. I really like the idea of buying a grinder to grind up the seeds, then putting them in capsules to avoid nausea. Wish I had known that when I was messing around with them back then.

In general taking classical psychedelics on an SSRI dulls the psychedelic component into more of an empathogenic one. But I wouldn't want to go through the morning glory torture for anything less than its intended effects. Hard first time experiences can be easier to go through, as the appropriate terror leading up to it isn't conditioned into you yet. But you could still be permanently put off from psychedelic exploration after such trial, which is a pity really. I would advise against for that reason alone. (Not that I can confirm it's definitely a safe combination.)

And that's just the problem in one direction. Additionally tripping will mess with the efficacy of your psych meds.

I really like the idea of buying a grinder to grind up the seeds, then putting them in capsules to avoid nausea

This wouldn't reduce the nausea a bit. You need to make an extract first, and can then put this into capsules if you like. E.g. a simple non-polar/polar extraction, if properly made causes very little nausea.

IMHO a recipe for a good extraction tek, without needing any special solvents:
* Grind the seeds to a fine powder, either with a coffee grinder or a high speed mixer (only use in short intervals, to not heat it up too much), or pestle the seeds into a fine mush.
* Soak the seeds in vegetable oil (e.g. canola) for a few minutes. Strain the oil and repeat with new oil. Do this at least about 3 times. The last time, you may soak a bit longer. To increase efficiency you may heat the oil to about 40-50C.
* Get some cold distilled water. Add the water to the seeds and some foodgrade unproblematic acid (e.g. lemon juice), and shake every minute. After 5-10Mins you can strain and drink the water.

Remarks:

* Some remaining oil will float on top of the water, and so you can gather and discard it. This is easiest, if you put the water in the freezer for a short time, as this will solidify the floating oil, but not yet the water.

* If you use a high speed mixer, you can do all in the mixer. E.g. throw the oil and the seeds into the mixer, grind the seeds smaller, strain the oil, add again some oil, and switch the mixer on again, etc. The mixer makes the soaking extremely efficient. Just make sure, that the water doesn't get heated up too much from the mixer. I always add some ice cubes (from distilled water) for this.

As you may have noticed, I way prefer the mixer for this. It has the additional advantage that it heats the oil, making the washes more efficient.

Some typical layman's mistakes:

* Using the wrong seeds
* Using chlorinated tap water. This will kill the ergolines.
* Not grinding fine enough
* Only doing one long non-polar wash. Making several short soaks is way more efficient.
* Doing a long soak in water. Not recommendable, as the ergolines are very soluble in water, and so will quickly go in the water, but the bad stuff isn't very soluble in water, and will only start to dissolve over time (not good).
* Using warm water. Not a good idea, as the bad stuff isn't really very soluble in cold water, but much better soluble in warm water. So by using cold water, you get less of the bad stuff.
* Not drinking the water immediately after the extraction. The LSH will decompose over time in the water, so drink ASAP (btw the added acid to the water will make the LSH much more stable, that's why you add the acid).

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you very much for the information! Seems like a bit more prepwork than I was anticipating, but it's not got me down ^^

Try HBWR seeds. You only need a tiny amount, compared with MG. I played allot with both of these, and as mentioned above, the cold water extraction makes it worthwhile (if you have good, fresh seeds). Picking from the plant is the best!