L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Spreading Chlamydia to Partners

queenbee1127

Bluelighter
Okay SLR, I've got a tricky one for you.

I went to the doctor 12/13 for a physical in order to get a prescription renewed. I gave a urine sample and they ran a std screen on it...no big deal I figured. They call me back 12/15 saying I tested positive for chlamydia and need to be treated. I took the meds, all fine on that front.

I notified one partner that I slept with on 12/1 and 12/2, unprotected, and his screen came back negative. My current/ongoing partner who I have been with since beginning of November coincidentally got a screen 12/12, which also came back negative.

My question is, how could I have had chlamydia without giving it to my last two (unprotected) partners? Everything I have read says giving to one partner but not another is extremely unlikely. Do I need to notify previous partners if my two most recent came back negative? Really trying to avoid the "I may have given you an std" conversation if I can, but also not trying to be that asshole that spreads disease and doesn't say anything.

My current partner is going to take the medication, just to be safe and sure that we are both negative, but this whole situation is making my head spin.

Help me, SLR!

it doesn't have 100% transmission rate.

QFT. We sometimes get this idea that STDs are so virulent that one exposure and you get it. True, some are more virulent and you are more likely to catch them. But it's not nearly as high as you might expect.

However, that leaves the question of where she got it.

When was your last STD check before this one? Do you think either partner might have tested positive and then lied to you? Otherwise, I think you need to keep going back with sexual partners until you find out what happened, i.e. a positive.

I agree. So is there a way to go back and check in a way that isn't uncomfortable?
QFT. We sometimes get this idea that STDs are so virulent that one exposure and you get it. True, some are more virulent and you are more likely to catch them. But it's not nearly as high as you might expect.

However, that leaves the question of where she got it.

When was your last STD check before this one? Do you think either partner might have tested positive and then lied to you? Otherwise, I think you need to keep going back with sexual partners until you find out what happened, i.e. a positive.

It was more than likely my last Pap smear, about a year ago. It's possible one of them lied, I suppose.