• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Spontaneous drop in marijuana tolerance- longtime smoker

Timbuktu

Greenlighter
My friend smoked literally every day for the last 7 years. His tolerance was very high, He barely could get a buzz anymore. He took a small dab about 3 weeks ago ( he has dabbed many many times) and got more stoned than he had ever been. Now every time he smokes he gets seriously stoned, and his heart feels weird, he gets sweating and he gets twitchy. He previously only smoked the gravity bong, and would take 8 or nine rips to get a slight buzz. Now he only smokes one hit from a bong, not a rip and gets super super stoned, like its his first time no exaggeration. Not due to a change in quality.what could cause this? It's extremely unsettling its like my tolerance just reset itself.

Last edited:
Nah it the same potency I always smoke- high grade. It'd be nice to just ignore it, and I guess it's a good thing, but i need to find an explanation to make sure that it's not a neurological symptom, and so I can share that this is a possibility. It's perplexing I didn't think it was possible, I can't find any info on the subject, but it happened.

i smoke high grade but sometimes i get magic weed.
Two bags come to mind, one my guy called "fruity pebbles" and one was Blue Dream
they were the same price as the other stuff but were way more potent and had way more THC.

It's not that, it's seriously like my tolerance disappeared, i used to rip 8 or nine bowls outta the gravity bong, like .5 bowls just to get a buzz, now if I rip one I get way too stoned, it's like it was when I very first started smoking. Something caused this, if I can figure it out perhaps it could be repeated, or perhaps it could be something wrong with me, but my tolerance is gone, or weed is effecting me very strongly, this has been like three weeks now. If anybody has ever heard of this, or knows a reason this could happen please say something.

My reaction to weed has changed dramatically over the years, in my teens i would always drink and drive, but whenever i smoked pot it would get so fucked up that i just knew it wasn't safe for me to drive. Now, when i think back on when i first started getting high the experience was comparable to how a minor shroom trip. These days i won't drink and drive at all, but i smoke before leaving the house daily (also note that i don't condone driving under the influence of any substances). Pot is like a cigarette to me now, unless i do more than one dab, but then i'm just uncomfortable. The only stuff that has really blown me away in the last year were a few really good c02 oils i've tried, but it wasn't like sweating and twitching. Maybe the stuff he smoked was some kind of cannabinoid RC that's in oil form, i don't know of anything really like that but i'm sure it could and has been done, especially because of the explosion of concentrates and "dabbing".

My reaction to weed has changed dramatically over the years, in my teens i would always drink and drive, but whenever i smoked pot it would get so fucked up that i just knew it wasn't safe for me to drive. Now, when i think back on when i first started getting high the experience was comparable to how a minor shroom trip. These days i won't drink and drive at all, but i smoke before leaving the house daily (also note that i don't condone driving under the influence of any substances). Pot is like a cigarette to me now, unless i do more than one dab, but then i'm just uncomfortable. The only stuff that has really blown me away in the last year were a few really good c02 oils i've tried, but it wasn't like sweating and twitching. Maybe the stuff he smoked was some kind of cannabinoid RC that's in oil form, i don't know of anything really like that but i'm sure it could and has been done, especially because of the explosion of concentrates and "dabbing".

I meant to add that i believe it could have been an RC because the first time i smoked spice (unsure what chemical it was) i smoked WAYY to much of it and had like an overdose, so to speak. For the next 9 months to a year i didnt really smoke weed because every time it made me really cold, shakey, and paranoid. Finally things went back to normal for me, but it took a long time.

Personally, IMO weed is in interesting drug because this happens to me all the time. I'm a longtime smoker so, while I still get high to a certain extent, I don't really get "that high" anymore. But certain smoking sessions will surprise me for just how freakin' stoned I get...like blurry vision, rush of the blood to the head, body-numbing high, so stoned I can barely function. That combined with the anxiety-causing properties of cannabis can make for some scary physical symptoms but I usually just have a seat, chill, or go outside & get some fresh air etc. and it passes fairly quickly.

I recently got so stoned due to smoking kief out of a bong that when I stood up initially I had to sit back down for five or ten minutes just to get my head together. That's how stoned I was.

Weed causes the following abnormal symptoms, based on multiple years of daily smoking:
Very intense high, almost feels like a trip
Sweaty palms
Irregular heartbeat
Twitches
Loud ringing in ears
Very heavy hangover (less than if I got super drunk, but more than I've ever experienced from weed)
Headache the next day, doesn't go away for a long time
Very dizzy, off balance the next day.
Nauseous the next day
Just generally sick feeling the next day.
It really dosent feel like a weed high,but it has to be, as this has happened with multiple different weeds. Something is very wrong though, I don't enjoy weed at all it's driving me insane.

Last edited: