• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

spinal stenosis need advice with my meds

razordesignz

Bluelighter
So I have awful back issues I'm prescribed percocet 7.5x3 times a day 350mg somas as needed 600mg gabapentins as needed and I have a load of .5 and 1mg kolonopins as needed for anxiety..this is all medical not recreational just wondering on advice of what not to mix at the same time and ways to maximize effects because my tolerance is rising quickly. Pain management is going to to take like a month to get in. Really need advice doctors are by the book they don't understand us. I desperately need advice please thanks

Sad when I fail to obtain harm reduction advice on a harm rejection site where IVing strategy us discussed thanks guys.

We're here and willing to answer question that we can, but we're off doing normal day to day things too (like sleeping) so sometimes you'll have to wait more than four hours.

All the drugs other than the Percocet are GABAergic, so they would each help to some degree, but what I'm going to suggest you start with is taking half a milligram of clonazepam half an hour to an hour before taking your Percocet. It should potentiate the opiate's effects without risk of being too much if we begin adding the Gabapentin and Carisoprodol.

Report back, we'll figure it out.

Pregabalin atleast for me adds roughly half more analgesic effects for oxycodone and hydromorphone when I have stable plasma levels of it (=been taking for a while) with 600mg daily dose. I would guess Gabapentin does the same but the dose just has to be higher.

Taking clonazepam prior taking opites imho adds just to the euphoria when taking recreationally but doesn't increase the analgesic effects of opiates. Of course it will itself help the pain if the cause of pain is due muscle spasms or tension.

Soma will have quite a same effects as Klonopins.

Also taking single pregabalin dose before taking opiate will increase the euphoria too and same goes for gabapentin but in order to increase analgesic properties of opiates it has to be taken for a while.

It will help in terms of increasing duration, in the least.

I would definitely take the Gabapentin steadily and not all at once because it is better absorbed when spread out, also it does not work like any other drug (it is not a GABA drug) and I personally think your Gabapentin dose should be higher, increasing up towards 2400mg. Lyrica is very much the same drug just FYI.

I personally think you should save up some of your other meds as much as you can (somas and klonopins) for help sleeping at night, a good nights sleep can help with chronic pain and regeneration greatly. Best of luck.

Is your pain worse at a certain time of day? You could take two perc's at once with a kpin.

I'm contradicting myself here as I take lyrica prn,- but perhaps instead of taking your Gabapentin as needed, why not take it at least morning and night.

Go careful with PM, increasingly the new research is all about getting Cpp's off opiates as they'll have other multidisciplinary ideas that they think work better in the long term.

Rtp

So far different mixes work different I'm now doing upon waking up 10mg perc, 0.5 kpin, puff of jane. I havnt even been taking gabapentin

I would definitely take the Gabapentin, it's the one thing that will actually stop the pathology of chronic pain. If you take it at nighttime it will increase your body repairing slow wave sleep and growth hormone