European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Spice

PredatorVision

Bluelighter
Has anyone on here had any experience with "Spice"? I saw a documentary on Vice about how it's become a huge problem in Manchester especially, and from the look of some of the people in that video it looks like hell. I spoke to another junkie whilst waiting at my dealers house not long ago and he was going on about Spice, he said the only reason he used it was because it didn't show up on drugs tests and I thought fair enough at the time, is it really that similar to getting stoned though from what i've seen it looks really unpredictable and has withdrawal symptons that look like a combination of Crack and Heroin.

Documentaries here: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/video/spice-boys

'Spice' was actually a brand name for a smoking blend of JWH-18 (one of the first generation of synthetic cannabinoids) and plant material. It was banned several years ago, but the name is still erroneously used by the media to refer to any of the current legal cannabinoids of which there are still many. Although I never experienced the JWH series, I believe it was one of the 'safer' synthetics. I have tried some of the more recent ones such as AM-2201 (now also banned) and didn't like them at all. Far too potent and easy to overdose on leading to palpitations and panic attacks - particularly in the pure powdered form. I believe that after a period of extended use they can also ruin the enjoyment of real cannabis as well as reportedly causing withdrawal symptoms upon cessation. I would stay away if I were you.

'Spice' was actually a brand name for a smoking blend of JWH-18 (one of the first generation of synthetic cannabinoids) and plant material. It was banned several years ago, but the name is still erroneously used by the media to refer to any of the current legal cannabinoids of which there are still many. Although I never experienced the JWH series, I believe it was one of the 'safer' synthetics. I have tried some of the more recent ones such as AM-2201 (now also banned) and didn't like them at all. Far too potent and easy to overdose on leading to palpitations and panic attacks - particularly in the pure powdered form. I believe that after a period of extended use they can also ruin the enjoyment of real cannabis as well as reportedly causing withdrawal symptoms upon cessation. I would stay away if I were you.

I've never been a fan of weed in any form so i'm not exactly gagging to try this, I was more interested in knowing more about it. That makes a lot of sense that it's not the same substance, I read an article that even between seperate sache's of different legal highs the actual chemical content can vary massively. I guess they're all illegal now as of the other week.

Smoked it for a while when weed wasn't an option. Wouldn't recommend it personally, had a lot of bad bad trips of the kind I've not had on any other fucking psychedelic. Not a good 'un if you get anxiety easily either.

Smoked it for a while when weed wasn't an option. Wouldn't recommend it personally, had a lot of bad bad trips of the kind I've not had on any other fucking psychedelic. Not a good 'un if you get anxiety easily either.

I've always found smoking weed normally gives me a lot of anxiety (I find it more of a headfuck too than acid) has anyone known it to be mentally or physically addictive? I'm guessing it must be a bit if people are getting withdrawal symptoms from it, spice that is.

I'm not sure what their current chemical concoction is but did try it back when it had AM-2201 in it. I liked it even less than the pure powder because I at least had some control over the dose (with the chemical on its own). AM-2201 was just a bit nasty overall. Bad high, thin line between high and convulsing etc. It got flushed rather quickly.

I hadn't found any synthetic cannabinoids to be good since JWH-018. I've tried a few in the last couple of months; THJ-018, THJ-2201, 5F-AKB48. THJ-018 felt like a waste of time and money, THJ-2201 I didn't mind but it seemed very short acting. 5F-AKB48 I did actually enjoy. I actually enjoyed the high from it but it did ruin weed for me for a while. I also noticed physical symptoms for a couple of weeks after stopping - poor circulation to extremities, tremors in the extremities, strange headaches and a general all-body numbness.

Last edited:
i actually quite liked am2201 when the dose was right, very cerebral and made me grin. It is much nicer eaten than vaped, smoother onset and less anxiety. 5F-AKB48 i thought was closest in terms of subjective effects to actual weed, bgut yeah I didn't get the feeling it was particularly healthy.

I have known people have serious problems with addictive use of synthetic cannabinoids, going through obscene amounts a day and having to wake up every hour during the night to smoke more to get back to sleep.

They are so potent weight for weight that it is just incredibly difficult to reliably dose them, and smoking them is the easiest way to accidentally take a whacking great dose and end up having a panic attack.

interesting drugs in that they all have different profiles of receptor affinity so you can experiment with them for different uses, and get an idea on paper of what the high feels like.

But yeah, curiosities not replacements for real weed, and also largely unresearched in humans so potentially very harmful.

But yeah, curiosities not replacements for real weed, and also largely unresearched in humans so potentially very harmful.

I remember reading about people who had ended up in coma's fucked for life, think there was an american girl that happened to the first time she tried it, would be interesting to see some lab tests on it.

the thing is all these stories report about 'spice' or 'black mamba' tell us fuck all about anything really, they are just made up names and even when vendors do label drugs withtheir actual name and show the structure, they can be incorrect. People's individual health and susceptibility to different conditions etc complicate the picture so there are loads of reasons why generalising about 'x y z mystery drug branded whatever' kills people is complete nonsense. People should have the general understanding that ingesting/smoking mystery chemicals is a very stupid idea and that is the message that needs to be educated into peoples heads from a very early age.

the thing is all these stories report about 'spice' or 'black mamba' tell us fuck all about anything really, they are just made up names and even when vendors do label drugs withtheir actual name and show the structure, they can be incorrect. People's individual health and susceptibility to different conditions etc complicate the picture so there are loads of reasons why generalising about 'x y z mystery drug branded whatever' kills people is complete nonsense. People should have the general understanding that ingesting/smoking mystery chemicals is a very stupid idea and that is the message that needs to be educated into peoples heads from a very early age.

yeah that's completely true, by comparison having a habit on a 'traditional' illegal drug doesn't seem so bad by comparison because the research is there as well as some social support systems,, pretty hard for any kind of clinic or practitioner to know how to deal with someone hooked on a legal high mystery chemical.. except prescribing benzo's maybe but even that could be dangerous.

^^me too in the last 7 years. fucking horrible. it can be fun when im drunk, but its not really worth the risk

I've always found smoking weed normally gives me a lot of anxiety (I find it more of a headfuck too than acid) has anyone known it to be mentally or physically addictive? I'm guessing it must be a bit if people are getting withdrawal symptoms from it, spice that is.

I found it a lot more compulsive than weed. If I don't have weed it bums me out a bit, but if I didn't have that I'd end up climbing the walls. The anxiety is present with weed sometimes for me but usually takes on the form of fairly basic panic attacks if it chooses to fuck me that way (hasn't in about ten years now) but spice was so dark and cold and sort of near-death-y that I'd take a bad one on weed any day. As people before have said tho, Spice was an array of chemicals, initially JWH-073 I think, which was fairly forgiving and 'warm' but as more and more became illegal the anxiety just got worse and yeah sod that! I don't remember too much hassle physically but would not surprise me.

I've never had a weed anxiety problem except for when I didn't have any. It's been a couple of weeks without weed now and I feel grand, don't even think about it.

I never thought about it before, but now that I remember, I was waking up a couple of times a night and just rolling up some noids then going back to sleep. I would never do this with weed if I woke up in the middle of the night. That being said, weed is much more expensive. I think the fact that, when you order a few grams of these noids, it's such good dose value compared to weed, you smoke more often and aren't as concerned about conserving it.

Did same, kept my bong by my bed just to smoke a couple times when I woke up to go for a piss. I don't do it with weed either, even though I smoke a fuck ton now. I'll have a joint when I wake up on a weekend/if I'm not at work but man that stuff. Constant. Was the value that got me too though it started to become a slightly raw deal when the tolerance kicked in

I wish I did have a problem with anxiety and weed, then I wouldn't have been a stoner for so long!

I also found that the newer generation of synths put you to sleep quite easily but obviously not an easily maintained sleep.

Actual Spice Gold/Diamond was a beautiful high. Very similar to weed, very warm and gentle. The complete antithesis of the more recent noids.

Another one here for anxiety, when stoned. I won't smoke weed without having alcohol inside me, normally (still a nightly event). I've had JWH-250, which I prepared for oral use, and fully enjoyed it, even whilst smoking regular weed with it. A very pleasant synthetic cannabinoid. Not tried any of the others, and definitely never will. As someone above mentioned, the synthetics don't stop binding with receptors in the same way that weed does, when your brain decides it's too much. That can seemingly create a very nasty scenario...

The only way i found to consume synthetic cannabinoids without severe racing thoughts, paranoia, and other symptoms of totally loosing the plot was to consume a sufficient quantity of GBL first. Not a huge amount, just the amount that was right for my tolerance, which grew to about 3-4ml at the times i had some G. After consuming G not a trace of 'the 'noid fear' was felt. It completely eliminated any anxiety far more effectively than benzos, which only helped slightly.

This was an accidental discovery, its not like i tried everything under the sun desperately thinking 'there must be some way to consume these 'noids without headfuckery' and there was/is. I use GBL only as a mood and music enhancer, music sounds so amazing specially combined with a kicking stim and a mini psychedelic element thrown in occasioanally with noids. Its obviously not full on 'trippy' but is definately some way up the psychedelic scale in terms of auditory perceptions. I can hear things I wouldn't have been able to hear otherwise. Id like to explore this much much more. Ive got plenty of noids, struggling to get any more G though.:\

Last edited:
Actual Spice Gold/Diamond was a beautiful high. Very similar to weed, very warm and gentle. The complete antithesis of the more recent noids.

Yes yes yes! Got given a sample from a vendor about 9 years ago absolutely loved it! 10x better than weed IMO