• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Speed of tolerance gain with different opioids ?

Odysseus94

Greenlighter
Hi,
I recently started to read up on the different mechanisms of opioid tolerance. Unfortunately I did not find a satisfactory answer to the question which opioids increase tolerance the least and which opioids increase increase it the most.
So far I only found one statement that partially answered my question.
In the paper "How to Design an Opioid Drug that Causes Reduced Tolerance and Dependence" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2943346/
the authors suggest that methadone causes less tolerance then most traditional opioids because it induces receptor endocytosis and recycling.

I hope to gain an answer from your experiences so which opioid that you have tried increased your tolerance the most which increased it the least with comparable recreational use? Please also tell me what opioids you have used so I know what to compare your impressions to.

word around the playground is high affinity opioids that bind tightly are the worst e.g. fentanyl

i have also read that e.g. dihydromoephine is less tolerance forming than "normal" morphine so maybe there is something to the suggestion that oxycodone etc are used because they develop tolerance slightly slower than morphine?

in the end though if you use any opioid you will develop tolerance... even weak ones like kratom or codeine... its just a matter of time