• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Speed/Meth tolerance prevention/reduction [long]

In reference to grue and nuke's posts about potential neurotoxicity of NMDA antagonists, it may be true that Ketamine/DXM haven't been proven as neurotoxins in humans, however this does not take into account possible (and even likely) unwanted neuronal adaptations such as cognitive effects on memory/learning/attention. Marijuana per se is not neurotoxic in usual doses, but it almost certainly has unwanted cognitive effects on higher order prefrontal cortex functioning, and ketamine shares these side effects too.

Tons if useful information in this thread. Thanks for starting it!

Thanks!!! this thread helped my dog so many, his tolerance dropped to a safe level. he was in the dosage area of very risk. he had 2 little breaks to lower tolerance, and almost always using around 10-25mg dxm to it now. It helped 100% he need so little and he days on it already. he no aderall patient, but he take europe racemic amphetamine paste. his dosage in last months has decreased so many, and effects gone up! I have ordered memantine for him now, and looks how this goes. also he use on and on l-theanine, magnesium, p5p almost daily and a few times a weak calcium / magnesium 2:1 he realy love nmda antagonist now, on end of his strong binge he only used tons of amphetamine to get sober. now he need almost as little as when he did it for the first time. and he had only 2 breaks one of 6 day and one of 4 day, that lowered it alot and nmda prevent gaining it back :) Also eating healthy is very very important too, when i not eat enough i dont get energy. he use non medically doses, so eating alot is very important becuz body uses more energy. when u eat even less u will loose muscle, and get boney. Alot dogs around me who binge long term look very unhealthy, my dog using almost daily since a half year and he even get more Muscles from it becuz he eat properly.he dont even workout, just from the normal walks he get it becuz he cramp his muscle a bit more ;) + healthy food. Also he was up once 5 day in row, and he felt like sober he only did go sleep becuz he got worried that its not normal to feel so good after so long up, and becuz he know its very brain toxic. he wish he could make release tabs in medical doses, becuz in netherland u wont get aderall prescribed if ur healthy young dog and have work and no problems... :( he still have the bad binge to snort the powder.. i know its very bad and i hope he stops that and start using oral.

Last edited:
See, you can tell this dude likes his speed.

oh god im glad someone said it. as i was reading thru that post small mental cartoons of a guy busting open caffeine pills and filling them with meth crystals filled my mind.

dont take offense buddy, its just well, we know our own kind and if you werent speeding when you typed that then i do believe meth probably made you go fast enough to travel back in time.

now on to the reason for my post.

ive read thru this considerable and informative thread, unfortunately i have consistently only seen methods and suggestion for tolerance prevention. and it appears most of the posts are from people whove been using 9 to 14 months.

so i ask, does anyone have any concrete info about tolerance reduction?
i have used on a regular basis for just over four years now, and while i probably should be a emoticon wielding cartoon outrunning wily coyote to get some blu lighters by now (lmao im sorry i couldnt resist), instead i still have yet to hold intelligent conversations with carpet fibers, or any of the other fun tell tale end of days signs ive seen tweakers exhibit at rock bottom.

but while i maintained a decent steady effect by regularly changing sources and kinds of meth, (yeah no bs here i dont get prescruibed shit unless the black dude with a grill on the corner is a certified pharmacist) these past couple months it seems even changing compositions regularly isnt really helping maintain a low tolerance.
now having smoked meth on a daily or weekly (mostly daily) basis for so long, and constantly cycling thru every different kind i could find, id imagine my tolerance is far past any "preventative" stages.

so is there a way to reduce it?
im sure someone will post the obvious answer of stopping for an extended period will help. well yeah no crap, but its that very reason that i checked this thread out. because after four years, its becoming so hard to get high that ive started to seriously lose interest in trying most days. yes thats right, for all of you who do use how often have you heard of someone getting bored into sobriety? i havent, ever. usually the tried and true tweaker troops just keep blowin grams n grams trying, such is the nature of the addiction. and im sure i was no exception once, but ive been surprised to hear myself turn down meth twice this week, having thouight "itd be rude to say yes id be wasting their dope and my time"

thats fucking depressing guys. i liked being high, and i would like to continue being high. and all the moral naysayers wholl be whippin out their soapboxes right here can shove it. i was in a dead end pizza job before id ever even seen a drug and had no plans to go anywhere with life. two weeks after starting meth i got fascinated with drawing and doodling, something id hardly ever done in mylife. then it was microsoft paint finally photoshop and onward and now i have an excellent career as a graphic designer and film editor, with not one day of college for either subject, just endless hours thru nights browsing internet tutorials and playing around with programs or sketchpads. so soapboxers can blow me :) thx in advance for your answers, and i expect, humorous criticisms, jibes, and "pokings of fun"

oh god im glad someone said it. as i was reading thru that post small mental cartoons of a guy busting open caffeine pills and filling them with meth crystals filled my mind.

dont take offense buddy, its just well, we know our own kind and if you werent speeding when you typed that then i do believe meth probably made you go fast enough to travel back in time.

now on to the reason for my post.

ive read thru this considerable and informative thread, unfortunately i have consistently only seen methods and suggestion for tolerance prevention. and it appears most of the posts are from people whove been using 9 to 14 months.

so i ask, does anyone have any concrete info about tolerance reduction?
i have used on a regular basis for just over four years now, and while i probably should be a emoticon wielding cartoon outrunning wily coyote to get some blu lighters by now (lmao im sorry i couldnt resist), instead i still have yet to hold intelligent conversations with carpet fibers, or any of the other fun tell tale end of days signs ive seen tweakers exhibit at rock bottom.

but while i maintained a decent steady effect by regularly changing sources and kinds of meth, (yeah no bs here i dont get prescruibed shit unless the black dude with a grill on the corner is a certified pharmacist) these past couple months it seems even changing compositions regularly isnt really helping maintain a low tolerance.
now having smoked meth on a daily or weekly (mostly daily) basis for so long, and constantly cycling thru every different kind i could find, id imagine my tolerance is far past any "preventative" stages.

so is there a way to reduce it?
im sure someone will post the obvious answer of stopping for an extended period will help. well yeah no crap, but its that very reason that i checked this thread out. because after four years, its becoming so hard to get high that ive started to seriously lose interest in trying most days. yes thats right, for all of you who do use how often have you heard of someone getting bored into sobriety? i havent, ever. usually the tried and true tweaker troops just keep blowin grams n grams trying, such is the nature of the addiction. and im sure i was no exception once, but ive been surprised to hear myself turn down meth twice this week, having thouight "itd be rude to say yes id be wasting their dope and my time"

thats fucking depressing guys. i liked being high, and i would like to continue being high. and all the moral naysayers wholl be whippin out their soapboxes right here can shove it. i was in a dead end pizza job before id ever even seen a drug and had no plans to go anywhere with life. two weeks after starting meth i got fascinated with drawing and doodling, something id hardly ever done in mylife. then it was microsoft paint finally photoshop and onward and now i have an excellent career as a graphic designer and film editor, with not one day of college for either subject, just endless hours thru nights browsing internet tutorials and playing around with programs or sketchpads. so soapboxers can blow me :) thx in advance for your answers, and i expect, humorous criticisms, jibes, and "pokings of fun"

Well currently the whole "NMDA antagonist" approach has the most scientific backing for preventing tolerance, and a mixed review for reversing it. Memantine, DXM and magnesium are the most reported on on this forum if you check out one of MeDeViL's threads on it.
I've got a pet approach using curcumin detailed in my threads to target epigenetic changes induced by drugs. Its a mixed bag too as 9/21 people had it significantly reduce their tolerances while it really didn't do anything after a 2 week "boost" for the others.

But, and this is me trying to keep off my moral soap box, if its not giving you the effects you want at least take a month off to give yourself a chance to recover and get some decent sleep. Other than that, all I can really say just the standard: workout, eat right, and get some sun.

Ok..so just needing a quick answer. When taking mag chel...when do you take it? Before during or after? I've seen the question asked, but never found a straight to the point answer, so figured I'd give it a shot.

Ok..so just needing a quick answer. When taking mag chel...when do you take it? Before during or after? I've seen the question asked, but never found a straight to the point answer, so figured I'd give it a shot.
Daily as a supplement with your other vitamins. Timing relative to meth consumption doesn’t matter much so long as you maintain the levels in your body overall.