• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

speed comedown+ work, redose?

kthxbi

Bluelighter
Hi there, I'm typing this on my phone so you'll excuse me being real brief... Basically, I slammed a gram or two amphetamines this evening starting round about 9.30, finishing 2am. I gotta get up for work at 6.15 - at least to do a half day. My question is, would you say in the interest of getting work done and not being a total corpse / obviously tweaked, I should redose an hour or so before work (hopefully after a few hours sleep) or leave it?

Missing work is pretty much not an option.
Thanks

If you get some sleep for 3.5 hours you may not need to redose. If you don't get any sleep maybe a small redose would help but I would definitely keep it very small, just enough to stop the comedown but not too much that when the redose runs out you want to die. Do you have any Benzodiazepines or Non-Benzodiazepines that you could take? They essentially stop the comedown dead in its tracks. A small amount of alcohol will do the same thing but then again you have to work so that's probably not the best idea.

Well here, I've got a lotta valium from a script way back but unless I'm drinking , its always just made me a zombie... already passed out at work once from popping just 5mg before work. Would the speed i had done prevent that, or?

The Valium will cancel out the amphetamine effects. It will reduce your speediness and any cardiovascular issues and it will also decrease your body temperature.
If you want to stop the comedown maybe start with five or ten milligrams and work your way up from there if needed. Valium is one of the most effective benzodiazepines for stopping a stimulant/amphetamine comedown. You will basically feel normal within 45-60 minutes of taking it. If you take Valium when you're high on amphetamines it will literally kill the high. The first line of treatment for hospitals and ambulances on amphetamine overdoses is benzodiazepines. I would never take an Amphetamine without a benzo for the comedown. Preferably Valium or Xanax, or a mix of both.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! And you're convinced that ill be able to stay awake? i probably shoulda taken a benzo earlier but its now 3hours to work and would feel better equipped to hide being speedy than nodding off

Chances are you will be able to stay awake because you're coming down from an amphetamine. If you're scared of falling asleep try 5mg first then wait an hour. If you still feel tweaked out take another 5mg.

Sleep has always left me worse off if I got too much. But with speed it usually didn't mater because once I woke I was still under the influence and had to make the same choice as you do. I would always go for the bump and use more if necessary. If you can maintain fairly normal behavior around others doing just a small amount that would be my suggestion. Don,t forget the eye drops. Good luck whatever route you take.

i've put myself in that exact situation so many times with amps and psychs. In my case it's always better just to redose and keep going, if you crash and sleep you're gonna be out for hours. a 5mg valium may take the edge off it all though and help to keep you funcitonal the next day. It's pretty easy to get stuck in that cycle and end up on a week long bender as well so just watch yourself.

Thanks for all the great replies! I popped a 2.5 of valium 25 mins ago or so and have a gin and tonic, glass of water and some more valium and acourse the amps for the am. Am gunna play it by ear and see if I need perking up or slowing down by then.

Last one from me... The whole session was slamming it, I'm faced with either doing a tiny shot in the am or a bump or 2. Each one has obvious advantages and disadvantages... any thoughts?
Within reason, track marks aren't too much of a problem, my manager knows I've got a history and occasionally relapse, but have been off a lot recently and would rather not let her know I spent all night slammin speed

do whatever gives you the longest duration, unless you have plenty left over, oral or up the butt may be the best ROA in terms of longevity, you do not want to crash while at work. I'd need more than a bump or 2 to keep me going for a work day after a night of binging.

i assume you are talking about street amphetamine as you are in London right? maybe with methamphetamine you could do it but without something long lasting, i thnk you'll just end up crashing during the day which sucks but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for all the great replies! I popped a 2.5 of valium 25 mins ago or so and have a gin and tonic, glass of water and some more valium and acourse the amps for the am. Am gunna play it by ear and see if I need perking up or slowing down by then.

Last one from me... The whole session was slamming it, I'm faced with either doing a tiny shot in the am or a bump or 2. Each one has obvious advantages and disadvantages... any thoughts?
Within reason, track marks aren't too much of a problem, my manager knows I've got a history and occasionally relapse, but have been off a lot recently and would rather not let her know I spent all night slammin speed

If you've taken Valium and are drinking Alcohol there will probably be no need to redose later. Even if you do, the effects will be highly diminished by the Valium/Alcohol.

Yeah, its just street amphetamines. I don't have a huge amount... My brain is telling me that maybe a small shot before work and then a line at lunch or something might be best bet. But then, im nauseous as fuck and realllly hoping the nausea goes away by then.

The Valium will relieve your nausea and any stomach problems you may be facing that are caused from the Amphetamine if you take enough of it to have an effect.

Beautiful. thanks so much for the help! Absolute life saver

Just under 2hours to go now. sigh.

Beautiful. thanks so much for the help! Absolute life saver

Just under 2hours to go now. sigh.

Don't worry, you should be fine. When I take Amphetamines I use Alprazolam for the comedown. Literally within 25-30 minutes of taking the Alprazolam (it's a liquid solution, kicks in very fast) I feel like I never even took Amphetamines and I could go about my day as if I had never taken any. Benzos are an absolute life saver for Amphetamine comedowns. But, be very careful, as another poster said, it's easy to get into the habit of knowing you have an exit strategy to take any time you want and this can cause people to go on binges for days. Also, benzos are very addictive and should be treated with respect.

Yeah, I was eating between 50 and 150mg daily of valium a year or so back ...probably small doses to more experienced folk but it was enough to land me in hospital and jail (twice) (this was due to actions of mine on the benzos , not the drugs themselves of course) and get taken out of work too ... I haven't touched em since but this seemed like a good day to crack the stash.

As you said, nausea seems to have largely subsided just in the last 10 minutes or so. I think ill just eat a couple ibuprofen or something for the mild headache and then maybe dip into the speed just before my shower before work.
Thing is, if i can make it to lunch im good... A half day and early finish is a hell of a lot better than taking the 7th day off in 3 weeks :)

People with no sleep and a gram or two of amphetamines in them tend to have a certain look to them
For the sake of your body don't redose
But shit dude you did amphetamines until 2am and had to work in only 4-5 hours, as well as you said it would be your 7th day missed in three weeks.
Not meaning to sound judgemental or anything, but don't you care about having a job? If those days missed are all from drug use you should really rethink your usage.

Hey, thanks for the reply and I do hear what you're saying. The others were due to an illness going round the office and two days booked to go to the studio with my band, so it ain't like that. But I still didn't want another day off so soon.

Update for any of you wonderful folks who are interested.... Didn't sleep at all, had a bit of gin in the morning followed by another 2.5mg of valium. Did a line of speed and had a long shower to try and look semi human.

Nausea was by this point back in fuulllll force, I had to squint to get my eyes to focus, was extremely dizzy and fine motor skills pretty shot. Half hour on public transport to get to work, trying not to puke the whole time. I also had 'that' cough you get from IV amps, which did not help the nausea. the first hour or so of work was absolute hell, but since then have mostly been okay. still totally tired and nauseous nut nothing like the same degree.

Its now lunch so i popped out for a pint in the hopes that the remaining nausea was down to a hangover from the booze I drank last night. So far so good, am gunna do a bump or two maybe to keep me going a few more hours.

Til about 9am I really couldn't describe just how completely disgusting I felt, paranoid, some minor visual and audible hallucinations, nauseous, tired, headache, etc etc. but at some point in the space of about 3 minutes I went from that to where im at now, maybe a little better.

Out of interest, does anyone have any ideas or experience in something like that? feeling completely subhuman one minute of a comedown and then chirpy the next.

Whoa dude this used to be me in my amphetamine abusing days haha shit, do some amp then not be able to sleep and have to go to work the next day comming down... absolute HELL haha either push through the comedown at work or had to redose to feel some what fresh.

But, even if you push through there is deffintly a certain look you aquire if you have been up for a long time on amp... think big gacked out pupils, yellow skin and big ass bags under your eyes and feeling like a zombie haha shit, thankgod i stopped!

Best advice I can give is don't use amps when you know you have work soon! I know its hard, talking from experience here, but its much more rewarding doing it after work and having a clear run ahead of you.