• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

specific action of 2c-t-2 that causes vomiting?

CRICKETBEE

Bluelighter
Does anyone here know WHY 2c-t-2 causes (in so many people) vomiting at the beginning of the experience? I don't ask because I think it is that big of a deal during the experience but I want to understand if it causes this reaction because the body finds it toxic or because there is a chemical property of it that the body can not control.

Is a substance like 2c-t2 more harmful for you than something which does not cause automatic vomiting?

It's an odd situation for me, because on one hand I loved the experience and am happy to repeat it. But I want to know more about why there are such dramatic physical effects and I can't find anything in Phikal that explains it.

thanks!

So it could be that simple? and irritation, that is not inherently dangerous is it? I was always under the (possibly false) assumption that you vomit from alcohol due to the body trying to relive itself of poisonous substances.

I suppose one way to check this out would be to look into whether or not plugging it causes vomiting as well?

my main focus here is on harm reduction. there is a little voice inside my head that says "maybe this stuff is toxic"

(though the rest of my brain says....wow, best CEV's ever!!!)

In addition to other serotonin receptors it may have a higher affinity for the 5-HT3 receptor. There are antiemetics (for nausea) that antagonize that receptor that might help, and have been used to combat nausea from mescaline. I don't think affinity there necessarily means it's any worse for you than less nauseating options, though.

I was also going to say that it might be very active at 5-HT3. That receptor subtype is known to cause nausea and vomiting.

I don't know much about the 2c-x's receptor affinity and activity, but if I had to guess, I'd say that's what's causing.

could affinity for this 5ht-3 receptor be one of the reasons 2c-t-2 causes such unique CEV's?

Someone else would have to answer that for you. I only know the absolute basics about stuff like this, so can only say that I know 5-HT3 causes nausea, that's it. Sorry.

never once vomited from this stuff orally. insufflation everyone vomits. Why? simple it tastes horrible going down. horrible tastes make people vomit.

I didn't realize the OP was snorting it. In that case, it wouldn't really matter what 2c-x drug it was...if you snort it, you're going to feel sick. 2c-x drugs are so incredibly intense when snorted and the body load and nausea are almost unbearable.

2c drugs are meant to be taken orally, IMO. I learned that lesson the hard way.

NO WAY am i snorting it!

that must be a misunderstanding! i did the orange juice drinking method

PS its way better snorting it. Totally worth the puking imo. VIsuals get crazy and puking later in the trip is like hitting a reset button. speedy trippy 9-10hr ride.

^ That's your opinion. I - and many others - disagree. I've snorted my fair share of 2c's and have taken them all orally as well, and personally prefer oral consumption over insuffulation any day.

ya it is just an opinion true. We have always just liked it that way. Mainly because its more efficient in terms of dosage size. 30mg oral loses to 10mg insufflated any day

when i take it orally I get a little nauseous, but that's it. never thrown up.

But every time I snort it, 15minutes later i will throw up.

No worse than any other 2C, IME. I don't get any nausea form it besides the usual mild come-up body load.

I don't think it has a specific pharmacological action that makes it induce nausea. I feel like a broken record saying this but 2C-E causes far more nausea, IME.

Things affect people differently.

the only 2c thats ever caused me to vomit after insufflation was 2c-c of all things... weird. I've snorted 2c-e, i, d, and t2 all without vomiting. Go figure.

Also, i think that the amount of attention the nausea from t2 gets may explain quite a bit of it. People read other's reports about nausea & vomiting and expect that it will happen to them. Expectation bias is a powerful thing. Though its certainly possible to psych yourself into unnecessary vomiting on any psychedelic

Actually the OP never said they snorted it, though they may, who knows? But I think probably not since they mentioned the stomach.

never once vomited from this stuff orally. insufflation everyone vomits. Why? simple it tastes horrible going down. horrible tastes make people vomit.

I tend not to vomit, but I have usually vomited from 2C-T-2 orally. Likewise with 2C-T-7. I think the 2C-T-X class tends to have this property. As to why it does, I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it was more irritating to the stomach, as they appear to be more caustic feeling in the nose other mucous membranes (at least to me). Overall there's definitely a more toxic feeling to them, though this is hardly scientific proof of anything. Keep in mind that 2C-T-7 is one of the few 2C-Xs that has caused any deaths... or is it the only one? I can't remember.

the deaths caused from 2c's is a question i would love more info on....were there ever any deaths related to 2c-b or did it simply get scheduled because it was popular? btw...i NEVER puke from anything. 2c-e doesnt seem that bad to me as far as uncomfortable feelings.....and i dont even think the puking from t2 is that big of a deal AS LONG AS its not too toxic in the long run.
thanks!!!