• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Speaking to GP (UK) about amphetamine use, good or bad idea?

Sarrakas

Greenlighter
I hope this is the correct section for this thread.

I'm confident I've an undiagnosed mental disorder and need to speak with a GP (in the UK) however I still haven’t the courage to go. My story isn't unfamiliar, I've had chronic depression/anxiety
for as long as I can remember. I started taking amphetamine sulphate 2 years ago and was able to hold a job, make friends, empathy for others - life was good. After 14mo self-medicating I was prompted to stop after my folks found out. The first 3 months clean were fairly awful and the last 7 months I've reverted to my old self; a useless member of society, full of sadness, anxiety and frustration.

With the above mentioned, would it be a good idea to mention the amphetamine use or not? I'll have 1 or 2 notes on my record from having been hospitalized on drugs aswell.

Advice is really appreciated, thankyou.

It's entirely up to you of course. There aren't any serious repercussions from talking to your doctor about drug use/problems. If I was you, I'd talk to my GP. At least they might be able to offer some support. Either medication or therapy/counselling. Hope this helps.

I'm in the UK and I also get severe anxiety and depression. The first time I admitted drug use (I was a coke head) I hadn't used in a while and they were peetty decent, put me on anti depressents and offered me what little mental health services they can. I recently went and admitted full blown heroin addiction. Big mistake. Now they don't listen to anything I say, won't refer me to the mental health service and generally look at me like shit. I understand that alot of my problems have been made a thousand times worse with H, but I want some help getting sorted and they aren't having any of it. I guess it depends on your GP.