• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Spanking/smacking children

Adding to "might makes right", I was hit many times as a child and when children or animals get out of control, my first instinct is to hit them. I don't but that immediate urge is there and I was not taught any different through my parents actions.

DigitalDuality said:
I read some shitty article today about the topic that was like "don't smack your kids if they refuse to walk, carry them".

lol yeah. And everytime they cry, whine, piss and moan, pay attention. Let your kids rule you. Wonderful theory.

I've had enough of your insensitivity to the complexity of children. Where do you draw the line with this agenda of yours? A quite whimper can be taken as a giant moan to a crazy parent, or a self-styled spanking-savage like you; an adult who is just yearning for the chance to hit the child at any given opportunity. Likewise, a desperate cry for food can be taken as a bratty wail. I've seen kids get thrown to the curb because the parents refused to meet their needs and instead thought the kids were too spoiled. So, who determines what the problem is? That's determined by the mental health of the parents, which can be wrong. Especially if the parents are drug addicts who are too busy to be bothered with the needs of children so they use spanking as a way to control and silence kids.
So, this all shows that spanking is done arbitrary based on what you interpret of a child's actions, which makes spanking all the more unrealistic because it's hard to tell if you and the child are seeing eye-to-eye on the problem, and much harder to determine if the child will begin seeing eye-to-eye with you after being spanked. Worse, there is no age to determine when spanking is right either, or who can spank the kid. If the kid acts up in front of 3 adults, does that mean 3 spankings, or does that mean 3 times the spanking? Where do you draw the line on these things?!!! Cuz there's no way to draw the line since every child is different and every adult is different. Spanking is altogether just a big mess, mistake, and a convinient excuse for latent or active child abusers to unleash their attacks. Moreover, no one should be touching a child's bottom or any private area for any punishment reason! The thought of a toddler getting hurt and not being able to sit down due to some big adult hand is just scary.

There are other ways to get the message of "no means no" across than by adding a new scare tactic message and feeling of pain. Many parents are in control of their household without having to resort to savage tactics, so i don't know what the fuck you're thinking when you say if a kid doesn't get hit, he ends up ruling you.

There seems to be quite a number of people here that just want to hurt and/or humiliate kids in so many ways, or that just want to minimize them as humans. i am so amazed at the hatred, mockery, and insensitivity to children by some of you people. You were once a child yourself, can you not relate? No little kid should feel the pain of being hit, it obviously isn't helpful which is why spanking is no longer advocated or legally acceptable by anyone with a sane mind.

Spanking never hurt me as a child, i got a clip around the ear or a smack on the arse from time to time and truth be told i probably deserved it. It made me do what i was told by my parents because if i did not behave myself i knew what was coming.

Parents are totally disarmed when it comes to controlling their kids these days, all this "talk to your kids/reason with your kids" is bullshit. There is no way a child as young as we are talking about has the ability to reason when all they want is the lolly or chocolate bar that is convieniently placed at their height at shopping centres throughout the world. Without a child being initiated to respect the wishes of their current authority figure (parents) how will they ever understand to respect figures that they come across as adolescents and adults.

Bring back the spank, get the cuts at high school if you do wrong. Society is degrading due to the current crop of unspanked adolescents and young adults coming through because while you are trying to reason with them that this is your wallet/car/personal belonging they are sticking you with a knife at the ATM, jacking your car at the petrol station or breaking and entering because they don't have any notion of action and consequence.

just my opinion mind you. not that it means a lot but 0.02c was asked for and returned.