• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
The latest episode of South Park, "Raising the Bar" (Season 16, Episode 9), significantly raises... the bar. It is not only the best episode of the season, it is (excluding "Medicinal Fried Chicken") hands-down the best episode produced over the past four years. "Raising the Bar" is classic South Park. The social commentary is relevant, and well-executed, and the episode is utterly hilarious.

definitely have to agree with you, i thought the exact same thing. It felt like the old south park episodes. It was relevant, funny and had a message. Three elements that i often find missing in the new episodes. I'm really hoping they can get back on track, either way i'm going down with the ship and will watch every episode regardless.

Not dissapointed with any this year, normally the first one of the season is terrible.

South-Park-Human-Centipede.jpg

Japanese Man: So sori Kairu. but I am starving! Which would you rather I eat? Should I eat-uh cuttlefish and asparagus, or the vanilla paste-o
Kyle: (Vanilla paste! Vanilla paste!)
Japanese Man: Cuttlefish and asparagus?
Kyle: (No! That's not what I said! Vanilla paste!)
Japanese Man: Very well I will eat-uh the cuttlefish.

Raising the Bar was alright, but I thought Sarcastaball and the Blockbuster/Halloween episodes were way better. But that just shows how good the show is if everyone has a different favorite episode.

Here's something interesting Bluelighters might like: in the second half of season 8 there was an episode called Asperger's where Stan thinks everything in life sucks. Halfway through the episode he meets a group of people and finds out that the only way to make things fun again is to drink Jameson whiskey. This episode aired in September or October, and in November 2011 (soon after the season ended) Trey Parker went to rehab for alcoholism. I only know this because I know a few people who were in rehab with Trey. Anyway, I think it's interesting because it shows how much the show reflects his actual life.

Ironically, Raising the Bar is the only decent episode of the season; and I need to lower the bar significantly in order to continue watching. South Park is still better than most television, but it fails to meet the standard of excellence established by Parker over a decade ago. Justifying watching it, by comparing it to the norm is illogical. Although it's better than most of the crap on television, I don't enjoy it very much anymore. Personally, I thought the Blockbuster episode was a new low. The quality of South Park has dropped more than the quality of The Simpsons. It's gone from one of the greatest televised comedies of all time - and, by far, the best animated show - to mediocrity. Television lends itself, particularly in the United States for some reason, to exploitation. Literature, on the other hand, doesn't. Most novelists don't churn out sequels until people stop buying them. They write, because they want to write. The tendency for television to bury itself alive is a little sad. And, although I continue watching episodes, I no longer respect the creators of the show as artists. Despite all his criticisms of the decline of popular culture, Trey Parker allows his show to rot. He's not only a hypocrite and a sell-out, he's also a douche bag. The only valid thing he has to say these days, is confessing to being a hypocritical sell-out douche bag; as he did in the Aspergers episode and in Raising the Bar.

(IMO)

Raising the Bar was alright, but I thought Sarcastaball and the Blockbuster/Halloween episodes were way better. But that just shows how good the show is if everyone has a different favorite episode.

Oh god, that Sarcastiball episode was hard to watch/listen to. Sure, Butters was funny (as per usual) but the scenes with Randy made me want to bash my head against a wall.

I thought it was common knowledge that south park has sucked since around season 7 or 8...

Oh god, that Sarcastiball episode was hard to watch/listen to. Sure, Butters was funny (as per usual) but the scenes with Randy made me want to bash my head against a wall.

Disagreed. Randy's scenes were awesome. They raped the NFL and did it at the perfect time (right after the replacement refs and in the middle of the concussion scandal).

Television lends itself, particularly in the United States for some reason, to exploitation. Literature, on the other hand, doesn't. Most novelists don't churn out sequels until people stop buying them. They write, because they want to write. The tendency for television to bury itself alive is a little sad. And, although I continue watching episodes, I no longer respect the creators of the show as artists. Despite all his criticisms of the decline of popular culture, Trey Parker allows his show to rot. He's not only a hypocrite and a sell-out, he's also a douche bag. The only valid thing he has to say these days, is confessing to being a hypocritical sell-out douche bag; as he did in the Aspergers episode and in Raising the Bar.

Aren't you just as much of a hypocrite for watching it even though you don't enjoy it?

S17 South Park Aires Tonight!!

"On November 3, 2011, an agreement was reached to keep South Park going through season 20 in 2016." Oh, and the first episode of season 17 airs tonight.

S17EP1

I read that as $17 South Park airs tonight, which I thought meant they made an episode for $17.

This is also cool I guess. I don't really watch SP. I watched the first several seasons and then have only seen about a few episodes after.

One of my all time old favs is merry xmas charlie manson. They all go to cartmans relatives and they all kinda sound like him lol. Still makes me laugh like crazy. No jimmy thats grandpas pot pie! No jimmy thats a bad jimmy!