• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc South African Methaqualone

I'll google Wouter Basson and see what he's all about, I'm interested in this sort of stuf

I'm glad you enjoyed the video I sent there's more by the same bloke "Hamilton pharmacopia" he is a geek but that does so many different types of drugs it's crazy, I couldn't watch the ones where they hurt and killed animals to get high though tied up frogs by there legs to scrape off its juice for a trip and they stabbed a pig and gouged it's viens out while it screamed in agony, I don't know why they do this do you? I turned it off as I couldn't handle it, poor pig didn't deserve that just so people can get high

Hier is ek boet..

okay so im in more of a mixed nieghbourhood but i stay in gauteng which is the central hub of of south africa and because of that its more a mix of all languages or tribes of S.A. But Zulu is most spoken between black people here and then it also helps knowing or having a slight understanding of "fanaqulo". with that you can at least understand about 40% of all 11 official languages of S.A.

oh also Coffeshroom is a nickname and doesnt really have a direct translation but roughly in zulu its "ikhifi, amakhowe" which translates too coffee mushroom but not directly Coffeeshroom..

As for mandrax, its still available but it is all old stock from my research or digging. As S.A. stopped producing it but stock pilled a lot and that is what is still available if you know where to look.

As for consumption we always smoked it and like @schizopath mentioned it will knock your feet out under you. When smoked, its an instant sedation and a drooling trip from there. You literally cant smoke it standing up as you will fall over in a comatose state for a few seconds and then after you are "zonked" completely and the amnesia is also profound. I have watch wolf on wall street and can see why people want to try it but smoking it is nowhere near as sedating as oral use (which i have never done) so i can't comment on oral take and its results.

I have an analogue of whatever at home, as a PG-Solution, but i have another 1 gr baggy. This analogue is cales sl-164 and said to induce convulsions and cramps when consumpted. I tried 0,5 ml one time and felt immediately sedated, but this was it. I would go higher up with the dose but I dont trust this solution - if i really start convulsing and cramping.... my friend is not here today. Also i saw meanwhile other Methaqualone- or Mandrax-analogues but I don't trust them. I would rather travel back in time and smoke it with a bit of weed, which should be great as far as I heard.

JJ

A Mandrax pipe used to be called a “White Pipe”.
Yep, thass how it works. Crush up a button into some Durbs Poison or Swazi Gold. Stuff it in a bottle neck, light up and pass the fuck out. Good times :) HR caveat - DO NOT DO THIS. It may phuck you up psychologically permanently. Ask a few of the folk in Valkenburg mental asylum, but don't expect an intelligible response.

I always thought the disco biscuits (specifically I think they are methaqualone pharma pills) were big there because the riot police stock piled them for crowd control. Had a south african speed vendor who was SSB quality and was always threatening to get them for me for that reason. Probably just a myth to cover up his supply but . Sadly .. they never turned up. He probably couldn't make the synth work .. I don't think he was that good a chemist (or maybe that well supplied - fucked up country to have coloured skin in).

I wouldn't use them too regularly as barbituates make benzos look like easy-quit pills. I was always intrigued by the stories of people going dancing on them .. they certainyl sound worth a go. That and ICE (the crazy long stimulant) are the two main popular non-pharma recreational drugs in existance that aren't RCs and that I've never taken.

Hey thanks for all the replies. I watched the documentary and it was good. I wasn't a fan of Hamilton for many years but he's growing on my lately. I don't think he takes a lot of the drugs he says he does on the show and I didn't like how he treated Krystal on one episode. I'm not her biggest fan either but I digress.

My parents used to take these back before they were banned here. They've told me stories about them and I'm amazed something like that are so widely prescribed at one point. My Dad told me a story about taking 'ludes with my Mom one night while they were out of town. They drove back home during the peak effects. My Mom is the type of person that is terrified of going fast in cars/boats. Dad said they were on the main highway coming back into their hometown and he couldn't keep his car in the road. He was going out of the road on one side, crossing it, and going out of the road on the other side. He was having a hard time keeping it between the ditches on what was a two lane highway in those days. He said my mother was so fucked up that she was totally relaxed and telling him "Just do the best you can honey it's fine". I didn't believe him until she told me the same story.

My Aunt lost a child to 'ludes in the late 70s. Her husband and her were going down to the local bar that night to sell some 'ludes. They had a 6 month old child at the time. They left a friend of theirs there with the kid while they took the short trip down to the bar. He took a 'lude and passed out on the couch. He woke up to the house being on fire. The furnace had exploded and he was unable to save the kid. He had third degree burns all over his body because he kept trying to go down the hallway to the child's room. Firefighters showed up and pulled him out of the house but were unable to get to the child in time. He ended up committing suicide, my aunt started a 40+ year crack and heroin habit, and her husband killed himself after breaking up with her. A handful of 'ludes ruined an entire family. The child would have been my oldest cousin had she survived.

I've always been interested in this drug after hearing so much about it from people that had first hand experience with it. Most of the stories I've heard are people saying they couldn't remember anything that happened. Generally those that could remember said they had a great time on them. The stories I hear of bad times are always really bad though. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for 'ludes and Bob Seger I wouldn't be walking around.

I have an analogue of whatever at home, as a PG-Solution, but i have another 1 gr baggy. This analogue is cales sl-164 and said to induce convulsions and cramps when consumpted. I tried 0,5 ml one time and felt immediately sedated, but this was it. I would go higher up with the dose but I dont trust this solution - if i really start convulsing and cramping.... my friend is not here today. Also i saw meanwhile other Methaqualone- or Mandrax-analogues but I don't trust them. I would rather travel back in time and smoke it with a bit of weed, which should be great as far as I heard.

JJ
yeah the convulsing part already puts me off. i dont know about all these defiirent types of analogues of methaqualone except for mandrax. But i would also go with the original i know and start drooling comps lol

i personally have never seen or exp anyone getting convultions from mandrax but doesnt mean its not possible. I was more referring to the analogues that causes convultions.

Regarding the prevalence of methaqualone's use and legal status in South Africa see my post here.

In response to Dr Wouter Basson, there are a several important ethical questions to grapple with regarding his actions, court rulings and current medical practice in South Africa.

I'll eventually start a a new, more detailed thread on the topic of Dr. Wouter Basson (termed 'Dr Death'). Here, I'll provide a brief update on recent activities related to Dr Basson. Recently (January, 2021), numerous articles and twitter threads reported with outrage that Dr. Basson was actively practicing at a reputable private hospital group in southern Africa, Mediclinic.

In response to this finding, Mediclinic received a barrage of responses on Twitter to which their official response was "By law doctors are independent practitioners and cannot be employed by Mediclinic Southern Africa. We cannot prohibit HPCSA registered doctors, including Dr Basson, from practising unless they are prevented by law from doing so". Further increased pressure came from the media, activists and those fighting for racial and social justice in South Africa. When Mediclinic's Chief Marketing Officer was questioned on this, they responded by stating Dr Basson does not have consulting rooms at the facility but rather independent ones. He goes on further to say that '“That’s where patients choose to consult him. In the interest of our patients, we must respect each patient’s rights to choose the appropriate medical professional to deliver the required treatment at the facility of the patient’s choice."

After some digging today, Dr Basson is no longer listed as a practitioner at any of Mediclinic's facilities in South Africa. However, after digging a little deeper, it is evident that Dr Basson is still actively registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), and can therefore, by law, still practice, which he is currently doing.

Undoubtably, the consequences of his actions will result in inter-generational trauma among people of colour in South Africa.

Last edited:
I saw a user here that mentioned they had tried South African 'Ludes. I'm interested in hearing about Methaqualone produced there because I've heard it isn't the cleanest synth. I've also heard that people there smoke them instead of taking them orally.
That might have been me. I both ordered ludes from SA and compared it to benzos. The finished product looked like laundry lint, and was put into capsules. I felt it, but it wasn't anything special.