View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sourcing safe LSD (Harm Reduction).

fermonos

Bluelighter
So for harm reduction purposes. What is the best practices to source good LSD (I mean the normal one, which is widely used). I've read of that 25I-NBOMe being passed off as LSD and it's killing people.

I don't mean tell me which website is safest etc, I mean what procedures can I do once I have found said LSD myself to ensure it's the safe stuff.

This is very important to me, as if I thought for a moment I had been given something other than the normal LSD it would put me on a panic attack and I would probably end up in the emergency room or in a very bad trip.

Example, what will it look like, taste like, smell like, or even if what testing equipment I can use. Thank you guys, I can see this being a life changing event for me!
*edit*If this is against the rules in anyway can a mod just message me in which part needs taking off before closing the thread*edit*

If the tab is tasteless then it isn't 25i, if you taste a numbing bitter, metallic taste you got RCs

1. Reagent test.. follow this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread
Basically get Ehrlich's reagent which is in 'lsd tests', and to be sure that you are not getting a decoy indole you can confirm by also testing with Marquis reagent.

2. Be suspicious if unusually large or thick blotters which may point to something like DOX or 5-MeO-MiPT, psychedelics that are less potent basically so require more paper to fit a dose on.

3. Bitter taste or numbness in the mouth from blotter while not being proper ways to identify a drug, are still pretty big warning signs because they shouldn't really happen with LSD. However sometimes inks can be nasty tasting so you'd have to really know the difference between chemical drug bitterness taste and ink, to avoid just being very alarmed by the ink, vagueness in this area is a good example of why tasting is only a "tell" and not a proper substitute for reagent testing your drugs, not to mention that ideally you test your drug before putting it in your body and not during. Normally tasteless vegetable inks should be used but that is not always the case. (also, forget about smells).
Some people say just swallow the blotter immediately to avoid getting activity from NBOMe's, but this does not always work (possibly with enzyme deficiencies you can still get effect orally), also this does not help you avoid DOX or BromoDragonfly.

LSD is not tasteless but almost tasteless, it's nothing compared to the bitterness of most drugs. There can be a sensation though after sucking on blotter for a while, like a tingly tightness around the throat, in my experience at least. All of this is subtle. What people talk about with DOX or NBOMe is different, the bitterness is more in the realm of 'offensive'. Although I don't have strong recollection of that the few times I tried NBOMes, neither of numbness.

So reagent testing is most important, and even that is not conclusive like a lab test is. So starting low is one of the general precautions, to not only be more certain of potency if it IS lsd but also to minimize harm if you ingest something else. Also do not combine with other drugs or medications the first time trying a batch, the result is less unpredictable anyway. Although of course not just any medication you take (daily) should just be discontinued!

Harm reduction for making sure that you have a lysergamide on the blotter you already procured is fine and not against the rules at all, sourcing is about the stage before you actually finish procuring it, about that I can only say the rules are against anything that has to do with this stage - how you get your drugs is your business and is inappropriate for the forum... it doesn't seem like you want to focus on that so it was misleading to talk about it - np of course. Anyway, you can't identify a drug anyway if it is not yet in your possession - photos of tests being performed on it can't be beyond trust considering you may not get a product identical to what is in the photo.

Last edited:
If the tab is tasteless then it isn't 25i, if you taste a numbing bitter, metallic taste you got RCs

Okay great, so you told me what to expect from other Acids but what should I expect from LSD?

1. Reagent test.. follow this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread
Basically get Ehrlich's reagent which is in 'lsd tests', and to be sure that you are not getting a decoy indole you can confirm by also testing with Marquis reagent.

About them testing kits, would you be able to PM me a link to a legit one? I'm sure they're legal so I'm not breaking any rules asking that. Just I don't want to get a decoy or whatever you are on about.

Found one sold in the UK, is this what I should be looking for? https://www.reagent-tests.uk/product/lsd-multipack/. I'm fairly certain I'm not breaking any rules by posting this. If I am just send me a PM and I will remove the required text.

Last edited:
Decoys are theoretical as far as I know, can't remember people who got them or maybe once or twice. I never encountered 'fake acid' myself, but I know I am very fortunate about that and that in many parts of the world or 'scenes' of sources NBOMe's are very commonly found as 'fake acid' - street acid basically: mystery blotter with no reputations or reviews backing it up. DOX and NBOMes I got were advertised as such. My point being that I am not the best person to ask about personal experiences with identifying imposters.

Good, you found it yourself - was gonna say it's so easily googled that it's pointless for someone else to do it for you. Actually well done on that find, not a double but even a triple reagent kit for maximum 'reliability' as far as reagents can get you. And with a guide included.

I don't know why something like a link on reagents should be prohibited here, it's not like a branded drug (even a legal drug) which is no bueno. I don't understand people who say something like a website selling syringes has issues with forum rules, but they would be welcome to enlighten me.

Acid = LSD, 25I is not an acid, sorry sometimes i can't help being super nitpicky

Okay great, so you told me what to expect from other Acids but what should I expect from LSD?

"Acid" should not be used to refer to anything but LSD; and there really is no plural of "Acid" (as a drug slang term), unless you are talking about "acids" in a stricly chemical sense (like sulfuric acid, acetic acid, etc.). Using Acid as a generic term for all hallucinogens that come on blotters can lead to dangerous misunderstandings, and enables scummy dealers that are trying to sell NBOMe's and DOx's as LSD.

A bit of information on the nomenclature:
LSD stands for "LysergSäureDiethylamid", or "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide" ("Säure" = German for "Acid", hence the nickname)
The family of structurally related compounds that includes LSD, its pro-drugs (i.e. drugs that get converted into LSD in the body, like ALD-52 & 1P-LSD) and various homologues and analogues (LSA, LSZ, LSM-775, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD...) is called "Lysergamides".

Thank you sir, very informative. I thought that LSD was a certain strain/type of Acid, just like NBOMe and such.

You know like, marijuana has different strains such as AK47, Northern lights so on. All are marijuana but just different types. Thanks for letting me know this, so if I was looking for LSD, it's just LSD or Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, not Acid?

2. Be suspicious if unusually large or thick blotters which may point to something like DOX or 5-MeO-MiPT, psychedelics that are less potent basically so require more paper to fit a dose on.

3. Bitter taste or numbness in the mouth from blotter while not being proper ways to identify a drug, are still pretty big warning signs because they shouldn't really happen with LSD. However sometimes inks can be nasty tasting so you'd have to really know the difference between chemical drug bitterness taste and ink, to avoid just being very alarmed by the ink, vagueness in this area is a good example of why tasting is only a "tell" and not a proper substitute for reagent testing your drugs, not to mention that ideally you test your drug before putting it in your body and not during. Normally tasteless vegetable inks should be used but that is not always the case. (also, forget about smells).
Some people say just swallow the blotter immediately to avoid getting activity from NBOMe's, but this does not always work (possibly with enzyme deficiencies you can still get effect orally), also this does not help you avoid DOX or BromoDragonfly.

LSD is not tasteless but almost tasteless, it's nothing compared to the bitterness of most drugs. There can be a sensation though after sucking on blotter for a while, like a tingly tightness around the throat, in my experience at least. All of this is subtle. What people talk about with DOX or NBOMe is different, the bitterness is more in the realm of 'offensive'. Although I don't have strong recollection of that the few times I tried NBOMes, neither of numbness.

So reagent testing is most important, and even that is not conclusive like a lab test is. So starting low is one of the general precautions, to not only be more certain of potency if it IS lsd but also to minimize harm if you ingest something else. Also do not combine with other drugs or medications the first time trying a batch, the result is less unpredictable anyway. Although of course not just any medication you take (daily) should just be discontinued!

Harm reduction for making sure that you have a lysergamide on the blotter you already procured is fine and not against the rules at all, sourcing is about the stage before you actually finish procuring it, about that I can only say the rules are against anything that has to do with this stage - how you get your drugs is your business and is inappropriate for the forum... it doesn't seem like you want to focus on that so it was misleading to talk about it - np of course. Anyway, you can't identify a drug anyway if it is not yet in your possession - photos of tests being performed on it can't be beyond trust considering you may not get a product identical to what is in the photo.

I thought sourcing was against the rulebook??

The title of this thread is misleading, OP is not using "sourcing" to mean what it usually means.

Get yourself an Ehrlich test kit, that'll rule out nbomes for sure. Use a Marquis test kit on top of that and you can rule out DOC, DOB, DOI, etc. If it passes both, you're very likely to be left with a lysergamide. If you want 100% certainty, there are companies (hope it's ok to name-energy control) that will use gas chromatography and determine what you have. Yeah, there's the taste test, but I wouldn't rely on that until you have some experience with various psychedelics because, for example, I've had AL-LAD that was bitter and it freaked me out a bit, but turned out that was normal.

I think OP just misworded it a little. Sounds like they're looking for ways to ensure authenticity rather than source, which is HR.

Thank you sir, very informative. I thought that LSD was a certain strain/type of Acid, just like NBOMe and such.

You know like, marijuana has different strains such as AK47, Northern lights so on. All are marijuana but just different types. Thanks for letting me know this, so if I was looking for LSD, it's just LSD or Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, not Acid?

Yes, marijuana but also shrooms have many strains, but that is because they are natural products that are grown. Genetic diversity can give you various types. There are nearly infinitely many possible as technically every (if multispore) specimen is different, and strains are our subjective / arbitrary way to say that they are noticeably different enough to give them a special name. You can also use the word 'race'. Just like with people, it would be ridiculous to give thousands of words for people with heritage of mixed races, but there are a few 'categories' we distinguish, perhaps in the future there may be extra words. Or not... cause with people it's of course a much more sensitive subject.

With chemicals, there are also types but in entirely different ways. You can group them together based on certain likeness, but since they are not grown for new individuals but every molecule of the same substance is indistinguishable from other ones that are the same, the differences are very discreet and exact, not relatively gradual and subtle.
Hodor talked about acids like the acetic acid in vinegar is an acid. LSD is a derivative of an acid, lysergic acid. The closest to acids you would mean, are other lysergic acid amides which do exist just like AL-LAD, LSB, LSM, LSP, ALD-52 and more. I wouldn't mind if you called them other acids, it wouldn't really be so weird.

NBOMe's and DOX are chemically very different though, and happen to share some properties with LSD like being very potent and sometimes feeling a bit similar. But they are not related.

Still the op is setting a bad example

No. why?
You don't break the rules by miswording what you are asking about. If I say I am gonna rob a bank but actually just go use the ATM machine I would hope that nobody could successfully charge me with robbery. It's just a little mistake.